Banner of the Stars AMV Trailer (sort of)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Banner of the Stars AMV Trailer (sort of)

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:19 am

On a AMV project related note, I just wanted to see what people think of the trailer to Banner of the Stars at:

[/url]http://www.crestofthestars.com/[url]

under banner of the stars --> multimedia...

Thanks,

Vlad

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Re: Banner of the Stars AMV Tailer (sort of)

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jan 29, 2003 1:20 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:On a AMV project related note, I just wanted to see what people think of the trailer to Banner of the Stars at:

[/url]http://www.crestofthestars.com/[url] under banner of the stars --> multime ... estars.com[/url]

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Wed Jan 29, 2003 11:18 am

Looks great. I unfortunetely never heard of it before today, but even both look great. Banner of the Stars looks a little sharper though, animation wise. ^_^

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:04 pm

Anime Jedi wrote:Looks great. I unfortunetely never heard of it before today, but even both look great. Banner of the Stars looks a little sharper though, animation wise. ^_^
Thanks, I actually did the trailer for Bandai... Who says AMV editing dosn't come in handy sometimes...

VLad

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Wed Jan 29, 2003 2:32 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:
Anime Jedi wrote:Looks great. I unfortunetely never heard of it before today, but even both look great. Banner of the Stars looks a little sharper though, animation wise. ^_^
Thanks, I actually did the trailer for Bandai... Who says AMV editing dosn't come in handy sometimes...

VLad
Looks good. Was curious if anything really happened after Crast of the Stars, now I know it does.

Bragging a little are we? Na it's cool, go for it.

I was just watching your vid from the Otakon 2002 contest tape and was admiring your mad superimposing skills. Scott Melzer was teling me how you said you worked on it for like 300 hours or something?
When I met you at Otakon I knew you were one of the big AMV names, but didn't know any of your work. By the way, how did you like Baltimore anyway, considering it's a hell hole at the present moment? Oh yeha, I never going to pizza uno again. It's over priced, under sized, and the service sucks! Next time I'm running into Baltimroe County to eat, lol.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jan 29, 2003 3:11 pm

hackerzc wrote:
Looks good. Was curious if anything really happened after Crast of the Stars, now I know it does.

Bragging a little are we? Na it's cool, go for it.
Acutally, not really, just wanted some feedback from AMV creators since we set high standard for this stuff... Feedback is sooo esential for impovement...
hackerzc wrote:I was just watching your vid from the Otakon 2002 contest tape and was admiring your mad superimposing skills. Scott Melzer was teling me how you said you worked on it for like 300 hours or something?
Yea, 300+ hours of insantiy...BUt then again I wanted to push After Effects to the limits and see how far digital composing can go.... Drama is a very hard catagory do do this kind of stuff since the scences are slower and it's easiler to sopt mistakes....
hackerzc wrote: When I met you at Otakon I knew you were one of the big AMV names, but didn't know any of your work. By the way, how did you like Baltimore anyway, considering it's a hell hole at the present moment? Oh yeha, I never going to pizza uno again. It's over priced, under sized, and the service sucks! Next time I'm running into Baltimroe County to eat, lol.
Yea, I kind of not a fan of Baltimore. Seems like you could walk two blocks and it got scary and then another two blocks and things things felt safe... Funny thing is that on the way to the hotel at one point, a group of 3 teenages passed buy and One guy rambled "Hey man, give me your cell phone or I'll beat it out of you". I just replied what ever (I've taken Karate for almost 5 years so yound kids like that don't worry me too much, but one does have to be carefull)

Vlad

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:31 pm

Very good job Vlad. I can say that if I weren't going to get Banner of the Stars allready I would get it now. I'm impressed, out of curiosity, how did you get hired to do this?
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Vlad G Pohnert
Org Profile

Post by Vlad G Pohnert » Wed Jan 29, 2003 7:51 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Very good job Vlad. I can say that if I weren't going to get Banner of the Stars allready I would get it now. I'm impressed, out of curiosity, how did you get hired to do this?
My good friend does most of thier web sites... In doing it, I actually got addicted to the closing song used....

Vlad

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:40 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:Thanks, I actually did the trailer for Bandai... Who says AMV editing dosn't come in handy sometimes...

VLad
You know, I was going to ask you that when I noticed a few things.
-You had asked about the trailer, in the AMV Announcement part...
-The trailer seemed a lot like a AMV...
But I wasn't going to say anything. :wink:

hackerzc
Org Profile

Post by hackerzc » Wed Jan 29, 2003 8:51 pm

Vlad G Pohnert wrote: Yea, I kind of not a fan of Baltimore. Seems like you could walk two blocks and it got scary and then another two blocks and things things felt safe... Funny thing is that on the way to the hotel at one point, a group of 3 teenages passed buy and One guy rambled "Hey man, give me your cell phone or I'll beat it out of you". I just replied what ever (I've taken Karate for almost 5 years so yound kids like that don't worry me too much, but one does have to be carefull)
Man, sorry to hear about that. worse thing I ever had happen to me was some guy asking for change. I didn't have any (I don't cary change, just bills, and those are mine!) so he said thx anyway and walked off. Oh yeah, and that little punk, you should have knocked the shit out of him. Little prick trying to act like sees all bad any everything. I'LL RUN HIS LITTLE ASS OVER!

If it wasn't for those damn little punks, and the freaking bums asking for change and stuff, Baltimore woulden't be that bad. But no, they have to go and ruin it for everyone. Makes me sick. Right now the city is going throught a renual process, but thase assholes are just going to dirty it up again. Or maybe not, since the cops are running them out of the city and into the county. My neighbourhood has seriously gone down hill in the past year from these people comming into the county. Leaving trash and kids toys in the front yards and the damn kids running around at all hours of the night. Makes me sick.
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”