Banner of the Stars AMV Trailer (sort of)

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Postby hackerzc » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:39 am

TaranT wrote:
hackerzc wrote:What, are you too good for quicktime or something?

As a matter of fact, yes, I am. Thanks for asking! :o

Hey, there is nothing wrong with having quicktime as long as you don't output movies using it :)

...there's a typo in your sig. Actually, two.

is not.. :P
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head
hackerzc

Postby hackerzc » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:45 am

Vlad G Pohnert wrote:For the trailer I only had material form the first DVD (first five episodes) so after spending the time to watch it I'll have to see the rest of the series now....

Vlad

Well you did a good job, and we are proud.

It's always good to see someone get payed (I hope they payed you) for doing something they like.

I can't help but feel though, that your skills were waisted on something so basic as a trailer. You are one of the few AMV creators that actually have mad skillz but don't flaunt it about like a badge. Your Otakon 2002 vid shows that.
John Westbrook
Otakon, Fan Parody Dept. Head
hackerzc

Postby Vlad G Pohnert » Mon Feb 03, 2003 3:11 pm

hackerzc wrote:
Vlad G Pohnert wrote:For the trailer I only had material form the first DVD (first five episodes) so after spending the time to watch it I'll have to see the rest of the series now....

Vlad

Well you did a good job, and we are proud.

It's always good to see someone get payed (I hope they payed you) for doing something they like.

I can't help but feel though, that your skills were waisted on something so basic as a trailer. You are one of the few AMV creators that actually have mad skillz but don't flaunt it about like a badge. Your Otakon 2002 vid shows that.

Trust me, you don't get paid very much, not enough to even consider living off... The unfortunate part of commercial video editing it that it's nothing like doing AMVs since you are very restricted to what the customer wants and can't spend anywhere near the amount of time doing it or else you can't justify what you are paid... In reality, video editing for a living is not a dream job as some may think...

Thanks for the compliment, I not really that worthy since AMV are always a battle for me....

Vlad
Vlad G Pohnert

Postby Chaos Angel » Mon Feb 03, 2003 8:30 pm

Very nice work. It makes me want to see it right now.
Fragile and Frail | Summertime

I'm not a vegetarian because I enjoy eating cute animals.
Chaos Angel

Previous

Return to AMV Announcements