A Tale of Innocence from the Mad World of Child Abuse

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
TerryH1984
Org Profile

A Tale of Innocence from the Mad World of Child Abuse

Post by TerryH1984 » Tue Nov 24, 2009 9:33 am

In memory of the victims of child abuse,
this anime music video is thus born.

:roll:
====================================
This is my attempt at an AMV with a good proper story line and nice music.

I focused on the quality of the story, matching scenes, smooth syncing, text and animation,
instead of abusing special effects like in my other AMV's.

It was inspired by the real life incidence of child abuse and the 'snooze, sleep well' bedtime TV advertisements on TV;
====================================

You are welcome to download and re-upload this video where ever / whenever you want.
You can add your own sites about helping child abuse at the ending etc; i left it blank for this purpose.
============

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Re: A Tale of Innocence from the Mad World of Child Abuse

Post by Kireblue » Tue Nov 24, 2009 7:57 pm

In my opinion, this amv has way too much text. It is really hard to take in the emotional side of this amv when there is so much text on the screen. Emotional and sentimental videos need to flow from scene to scene in order to give off their intended feeling. When you have information flash across the screen every 2 seconds along with subtitles for dialog, your audience won't be able to take in the emotion of the video. Oh and, If you do use text, try to place it in the same area. Forcing your audience to read text at the bottom of the screen, and then forcing them to read dialog in the middle of the screen kills the emotional appeal even more.

Also, the ending was a bit too long. It was a great idea to show the illusionary world and Ushio building her robot at the end, but even when your goal is to inform people, your ending needs to be short and sweet.

I feel that this could have been a truly emotional video if you had relied more on the video sources and less on fading text and statistics. In Gunslinger Girl, almost all of the main characters suffer from child abuse till the point of becoming terminally ill. And the only main character (Rico) that doesn't suffer from child abuse was actually born terminally ill. There are even multiple episodes that specifically revolve around child abuse and a "Social Welfare Agency" for hospitalized children. I feel that Gunslinger would have been a much better source for this amv. The source that you used actually makes it seem like you are making fun of child abuse. (Especially the tomato juice bit at 3:30).

TerryH1984
Org Profile

Post by TerryH1984 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 6:37 am

Appreciate your opinion and recommendations but i don't entirely agree with you in this case because that wasn't the goal written for the video.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:33 am

Yeah, sorry dude but I gotta say...this made me laugh like an idiot.

The sources did not work. Pointless text and crappy effects made it even worse :/
I don't know what exactly you were thinking when you chose Ichigo Mashimaro for the anime you were using...something so goofy with a serious topic, random flying text and a bad pun of a video title? I dunno, it felt like it might as well have been Lucky Star with "She Fucking Hates Me" by Puddle of Mudd with flying text about how mommy is mean and Kagami running around getting angry at people.

TerryH1984 wrote:Appreciate your opinion and recommendations but i don't entirely agree with you in this case because that wasn't the goal written for the video.
Sorry kid, but this was one of the worst videos I've seen in a while. It takes itself waaay too seriously when it looks like a cheap youtube comedy video making fun of serious subject. Even if it wasn't the goal, if that's what the finished product does...ehh, can't help you there :/

Shinnie04
Org Profile

Post by Shinnie04 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 8:38 am

The anime source, text, effects and editing in general really made this look like a spoof on child abuse instead of something serious and emotional. Some of the dialogue and scene combination had me laughing like when the girls grabbing her inner thighs, rolling around frantically on the bed like she needs to pee saying, "I can't get married anymore" and then running out of the room in a comical fashion right in front of her friend whose got her head on the table.
Also:
kireblue wrote:it seem like you are making fun of child abuse. (Especially the tomato juice bit at 3:30).
That scene had me loling... :|

If you ever redo this video get a different anime source (Ichigo Mashimaro looks waaaaaay too innocent and light-hearted to be taken seriously), a different song (Mad World is used in pretty much every video trying to appear ironic), cleaning up the editing (Too much text all over the place and too many unnecessary and unappealing effects covering the screen).

If you presented this as a comedy (dark humor/black comedy) it would've worked better...I just can't see how I could have taken this video seriously :(
kireblue wrote:Also, the ending was a bit too long. It was a great idea to show the illusionary world and Ushio building her robot at the end, but even when your goal is to inform people, your ending needs to be short and sweet.
x2

Edit: Ok wait..you put this video under both serious and parody. Was this video trying to be serious or funny? :(
ImageImage
ImageImage

Ryko89
Org Profile

Post by Ryko89 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:57 pm

this stuff was good.
Bit too long ending and the amv somehow gives me the feeling that you've been raped
Image Image

TerryH1984
Org Profile

Post by TerryH1984 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:31 pm

you put this video under both serious and parody. Was this video trying to be serious or funny?
That's up to you to decide. Is it serious or a parody?

I appreciate you sharing your opinions.
This is good material.

Thank you very much.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Wed Nov 25, 2009 10:50 pm

TerryH1984 wrote:
you put this video under both serious and parody. Was this video trying to be serious or funny?
That's up to you to decide. Is it serious or a parody?

I appreciate you sharing your opinions.
This is good material.

Thank you very much.

Wait...you wanted it to be serious (even though it's not...)...yet it's not parodying anything :/

It's kind of impossible to understand how the hell you think kid :/

TerryH1984
Org Profile

Post by TerryH1984 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:11 pm

yet it's not parodying anything
Indeed, sometimes the Snooze TV advertisements in Australia don't get shown worldwide :(, sorry about that.

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Thu Nov 26, 2009 1:49 am

If it's parody (which is what I think) It took itself far too seriously. If it's serious....well, I'm sorry.
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”