Polish your Memories MEP

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Cross/fade
Type-Moon <3
Org Profile

Polish your Memories MEP

Post by Cross/fade » Wed Jul 29, 2009 12:29 am

First time announcing a MEP |:>

So like, here we go:

The idea was to create something from our older pieces of work (and most of them are hosted here on a-m-v.org anyway) and present a little bit of Polish AMV scene. That is why 14 editors that are concentrated around amv.com.pl decided to join the project and this video was born.
Last edited by Cross/fade on Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

jtGz
Org Profile

Re: Polish your Memories MEP (PL)

Post by jtGz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:24 am

Zajebiste kurwa! Wez crossu usun te peel z topka, musza sie skapnac po tytule z taka gra slow :(.

GG

Gaurry_no_blond
Org Profile

Re: Polish your Memories MEP

Post by Gaurry_no_blond » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:28 am

vid with black lines from best(?) polish makers... omg. :down:

jtGz
Org Profile

Post by jtGz » Wed Jul 29, 2009 2:53 am

Best polish? We are the best in the world... And Im in foul mood cause of my summer job. Try to read the amv description page if You dun understand what teh heck is that crap. This amv is done from amvs - we stole the idea from Little retrospect. But the difference is only Polish are in it and everyone edited their own music timestamp with their own amvs. Its obvious not to expect something epic - tho for me it is :3.

The black lines You called, I will explain it to You since You may not know, are necessary when sources with different resolutions meet (16:9, 16:10, 4:3). Only desperate ppl would stretch footage - for example, me. Anyway, thanks for checking out - this amv is kinda important to our amv scene.

Gaurry_no_blond
Org Profile

Post by Gaurry_no_blond » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:59 am

Different sources should be shown to one resolution (crop, resize etc)...

Kyssifur
Org Profile

Post by Kyssifur » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:56 am

Nice! :up: I have problems only with the ending. Fade out is not the optimum way to finish a vid.
we are awesome

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Wed Jul 29, 2009 9:00 am

Actually I think that gaurry was referring to the fact that the whole thing wasn't perfect 4:3 but 4:3 slightly stretched and letterboxed back to 4:3 for some reason, so the whole thing had black bars and had a slightly wrong aspect ratio (noticeable to me, but perhaps not so much for others, I guess)... I just checked the preview, though, but I doubt it's an issue with the preview encode, since the preview doesn't change the AR like that.
As for the vid itself, yeah, nothing so original but I can understand the point of it... I wasn't really able to enjoy it all that much since, while it was obviously edited with other amvs you guys made, it didn't feel as much of a tribute as it was supposed to be - the song just plainly didn't work for this intent.
But I suppose that, as long as you enjoy it, it's fine. :)

» AceMan
Org Profile

Post by » AceMan » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:32 am

Yeah, I also think it isn't anything special, but it was really fun to make something together with other editors :)
I rly liek Pokemanz and so should you.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Jul 29, 2009 3:05 pm

Enjoyable, fun and interesting. =D

[But the video size alterations are slightly irritating, but not too bad.]

Vivaldi
Polemic Apologist
Org Profile

Post by Vivaldi » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:20 pm

So this is like ROS but only for Polish editors?

Coolstuff. :up:
<Kenzichu> HAHAHA!!
<Kenzichu> everyone died!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”