WE NEED YOU!

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Re: WE NEED YOU!

Post by Radical_Yue » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:30 pm

EXCELLENT video. Had me laughing out loud most of the time :up:

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:39 pm

You've still got it, old man. :D
Good work on typography and masking.

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:11 pm

Awesome video! :up: Now I'm seriously considering joining the Mobile Infantry.

Dark-Krystal
Org Profile

Post by Dark-Krystal » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:44 pm

OMG.

Vlad, you're an immortal legend ! :up:

Kitsuner
Maximum Hotness
Org Profile

Post by Kitsuner » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:32 pm

Honestly, I kinda prefer your Navy video. This one definitely has some hilarious moments to it, and if I ignore its predecessor it works fine. Since I've seen We Want You! so many times though, I can't help but compare the two. The biggest thing that sets Want over Need for me is the single song you used. Yeah, Need's audio is all one unit, but the drastic changes in tone were a bit too jarring for me. The helmet-wearing/clapping scenes didn't work quite as well in Need as they did in Want, mostly because they were so short.

You've referenced your earlier videos in new videos before, and sometimes it actually does work, like Love Hurts in The Audition. This time, however, it really felt more like you were just replacing the sources in Want to appeal to a younger crowd. I did like the reference to The Audition though, since that worked within the context of this video.

That isn't to say that Need is a bad video. I enjoyed it, but I'd probably have liked it a lot more if you'd done more to set it apart from Want. It might also have helped if I were more familiar with Starship Troopers, but that one's on me.
OtakuGray wrote:Sometimes anime can branch out to a younger audience and this is one of those times where you wish children would just go die.
Stirspeare wrote:<Stirspeare> Lopez: Vanquish my virginity and flood me with kit. ["Ladies..."]

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

!

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:44 pm

ALL HAIL TOTORO!

(you can't avoid putting ghibli in any video you do can ya ;p )

this was pretty awsm, but probably works better in a con audience than watching it by myself. .... awa? :wink:

:up:

EvaFan
Org Profile

Post by EvaFan » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:35 am

Yeah I agree with deshi, didn't really laugh but I watched it alone. Really enjoyable though from start to end.

Just proof that concept and execution are what I enjoy most in amvs.

5/5
"The people cannot be [...] always, well informed. The part which is wrong will be discontented, in proportion to [...] the facts they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions, it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to public liberty. What country can preserve its liberties, if it's rulers are not warned [...] that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants."-Thomas Jefferson

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:55 pm

Seriously,how more freaking awesome (and funny as hell) can an amv be?
Defeat the evil bugs,save the universe and get the girl....
I'll go for that.It's time to recruit boys...

Awesome stuff,made me laugh non-stop :up: :up:

Falconone
get the Punch
Org Profile

Post by Falconone » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:03 pm

that video get an epic lol

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:29 pm

Falconone wrote:that video get an epic lol
I agree with this man. Pure oldschool comedy goodness.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”