Empty Motion

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
FortKaze
Org Profile

Re: Empty Motion

Post by FortKaze » Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:44 pm

:up:
love it!!!

Kireblue
Forum Admin
Org Profile

Post by Kireblue » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:20 am

This was an awesome amv. Its Truly entertaining. So much is going on at the same time that I found myself saying "Woah!, what was that? OH MY GOD, I think I just missed something. Wait....What? OH Man, did I just see that?" I don't think I have to tell you just how AMAZING this amv is. Its obvious that you really put a piece of you heart and soul into it. Just looking at the pictures that you uploaded of your project file is enough to make me want to cry.

The only thing that I can say is that at points, it was a little hard to follow this amv. This amv really has a unique way of jerking you back and forth though all 70+ anime you used in the video. I'm not really saying that this is a bad thing, it just has a tendency to cause my brain to overload LOL.
But seriously, this is a 5/5 star amv. And since it is so much higher than my current skill level, I don't think that I can offer you any advice to improve it. But something definitely feels missing from your amv. I can't put my finger on it, but if you can fix it, I think that you can make this video into one of those few amvs that I feel deserves a 6/5

Nya-chan Production
The :< point of view
Org Profile

Post by Nya-chan Production » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:24 pm

Okay, I am really torn. I watched it at least five times to try and like it (like it happened with AotO after i watched it about three times, it stopped being seizure-inducing).

On one hand, we have lots of great masking here, lots of effort, quality (especially after fixing the AR) and movement.

On the other hand, it's clearly oversynced (the sync doesn't fit at times. You can't deceive me by "throwing in so much stuff that it has to be synced". It IS out of sync at times.), and the pace is... constant, which is its main flaw (see recent Bakadance to see a nice work with pacing). You can't make 4 minutes full time action vid and think it'll keep attention.

Well, you can. It's called AotO. But that one has lyrics sync and no (unfitting, IMO) fanservice.

Don't takeme bad, I REALLY think that it's a solid piece of work and I REALLY see that it must've taken ages, but it's just... bland. Empty, with a bad motion/pacing.

3/5, mainly for the effort.

Sorry again.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:02 pm

Mmm... yeah, I do somewhat agree with Nya-chan. Top scores for effort, but as for an actual direction, I can't say I found one. Opinion time.

dazza1008
Org Profile

Post by dazza1008 » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:48 am

I liked it! :) The effects were striking, and it all fitted together nicely. I didn't like the writing on the screen at about 0.40, though. Also had no idea what was happening. I assume there was no lyric sync. Think the "smash" effect was used too much (1.23) and the 4:3 aspect ratio looked weird at 1.25.

But overall, there was good continuity and it was enjoyable. :)

EDIT: whoops, reading other replies and I realised I saw the LOCAL version. Please ask the mods to delete it? (put in a request to have the video deleted, and give details. Hopefully they'll allow you to reupload. Happened to me before. )

Mol
Strawberry Pie
Org Profile

Post by Mol » Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:27 am

x2 what Nya said. Seriously it's empty for me not bad masking and effects tho |:>
Still better than that MMO.

Dejo510
Org Profile

Post by Dejo510 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:24 am

I was honestly blown away by this. Course, what's in this vid vastly exceeds anything I can hope to do =P. If I had to nitpick though, 1:23 - 1:26 seemed..."off" to me.

In all, I thought it was an amazing vid...
Mindless, random fun isn't always a bad thing :up:
This post needs moar lens flare

Davemeister00
Org Profile

Post by Davemeister00 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:39 am

Great video :)
good job 5/5 :up: :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”