Andromeda

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
» AceMan
Org Profile

Andromeda

Post by » AceMan » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:27 am

I wish you a pleasant journey.
I rly liek Pokemanz and so should you.

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Re: Andromeda

Post by Kosmit » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:29 am

Ooooh, AceMan goodness
/gets

EDIT:
Uhhh... wow... I don't know what to say, really. Now I understand why you mentioned earlier that not everyone will like this AMV. Andromeda certainly is different, very slow paced and moody. It's beautifully made and a joy to watch, so :up: for that. The only problem I have with it is the text. At the end it doesn't feel gramatically correct :uhoh:
Last edited by Kosmit on Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:40 am

960x480? Wat? O_o

Oh well.

/gets LOCAL

EDIT: Uhm... what to say... the first thing that comes to my mind is "it was different". Then it comes "wow, that must have been a lot of effort", and judging from the time it took (2007-2009... that's a lot O_o) it really did take a lot of effort.
As for a deeper comment... I must say the effects were really well done and fitting with the mood you wanted to concieve. Indeed, it did feel like a journey through space. I don't really know what else to say about it, though, it was really different so I'll have to watch it a few times again to "internalize" it and grow a more defined opinion. For the time being, I can only say good job. The only thing I would point out is that the text was hard to read since it was blurred and it generally didn't stay on screen for long enough, but that was surely because it was more to add to the atmosphere than to actually be read.
I suppose I'll rate this after a couple more watches, although for the time being I must admit the length was felt... 6 minutes did feel long, but perhaps that was due to the dreamy mood and the slow pace: while they were good and enjoyable, I'm not too fan of those, so I don't see myself watching this too often. Still very good job, I'll eventually op it when I'll have a more defined opinion.

EDIT2: Also, I just realized I lost the game. F'U! ;_;

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:27 am

....how is this so different? -.-

in any case, I really enjoyed it, good vibe and atmosphere. the length was just about right, the film roll effect at the emotions segment was dragging on for a bit too long but everything else seemed to convey your concept very well. :up:

» AceMan
Org Profile

Post by » AceMan » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:37 am

Kosmit wrote:The only problem I have with it is the text. At the end it doesn't feel gramatically correct :uhoh:
What do you mean? I checked it many times, few of my english-speaking friends as well...
I rly liek Pokemanz and so should you.

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Post by Kosmit » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:12 am

» AceMan wrote:
Kosmit wrote:The only problem I have with it is the text. At the end it doesn't feel gramatically correct :uhoh:
What do you mean? I checked it many times, few of my english-speaking friends as well...
Andromeda wrote:...each one of us...
...will find it...
...in its own unique way.
Shouldn't it be "in his own way"?
If not, then please ignore my useless remarks :P

Falconone
get the Punch
Org Profile

Post by Falconone » Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:49 am

hm... first i looked on the timeline and thought "hm... very long hope i dont get bored" and i wasnt bored, it didnt felt long. Nice atmosphere and interessting style. So in my eyes a very good job :up:

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:01 am

I've been drooling already waiting for the video to download. I'm VERY interested in astronomy and have been thinking a while to include space images in an AMV somehow. And you just nailed it.

While it was alot different from what I would do, I absolutely loved it. It had the basic feel of your Kan Dou video to be precise, just with a hundred times better presentation. The compositing all in all stood out to me positively, it really shows that you took alot of care to select scenes which you could integrate without having a video frame around them. And the dark but yet colorful space backgrounds never came too short despite dozens of video layers on them at times.

Video of the Year. And you continue to be one of my favourite editors :up: :up:

MimS
Baguette Master
Org Profile

Post by MimS » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:32 am

Interesting.
At the beginning of the vid, texts are a bit too fast for me. (just a detail)

I like the concept but it is not the type of video I like or dislike, I just appreciate the idea.

Megamom
Org Profile

Post by Megamom » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:47 am

/Venga :up:
NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”