Innocence (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AnimeKariChan
Org Profile

Innocence (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time)

Post by AnimeKariChan » Mon May 04, 2009 2:29 am

Video: Innocence
Category: Drama
Anime: The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Song: Innocence
Artist: Avril Lavigne
Creator: AnimeKariChan (Kari in Small Child Studios)

I've been making AMVs for a long time now but I've never put a video on this sight before so I hope I did everything right. I'll upload more soon.
This AMV won 1st place in the Drama category, and was runner up for best in show in the AMV contest at Kei Kon 09.
Hope you like it~
ImageImage

Dante
Org Profile

Re: Innocence (The Girl Who Leapt Through Time)

Post by Dante » Wed May 06, 2009 3:02 pm

Music wasn't my cup of tea, but that wasn't bad at all.

Really good lyric sync and atmosphere. The sync in the first 10 seconds felt kinda jerky, but after that it was smooth sailing.
The second half towards the end definitely made this worth watching.

congrats on the award, and keep it up ^_^

Elcalavero
Org Profile

Post by Elcalavero » Sun May 10, 2009 11:06 pm

Dante wrote:Really good lyric sync and atmosphere. The sync in the first 10 seconds felt kinda jerky, but after that it was smooth sailing.
The second half towards the end definitely made this worth watching.
I have to admit , this was pretty fucking awesome. This is the first time that I ever felt any emotion after watching a [The Girl Who Leapt Through Time] amv. And I have watched plenty :P (such as P.Y.A and Time waits for No One,etc).

A simple [great] video to express how you feel about your friends and how much you appreciate them. Beautiful.
The editing for the most part was excellent. :up: . The music was wonderful (even tho I hate Avril Lavigne with a passion)

That being said there were some things I did not like.

The beginning 0.00 - 0.07 felt a bit too fast for the song. Like Dante said, the sync was a bit jerky. From 0.30 to 0.36, I didn't see the point of using the chroma keyer and tv simulator effects.Its best to avoid those effects. Also this is a wmv file. That is a no-no for me :nono:. Me likes only H.264 [sexy] mp4s. :P . You should also crop out the black bars.

It looks like this is your first Org release, which might explain the minor mistakes I mentioned above. :sweat: .
Anyways, I am looking forward to another amv from you in the future :wink:

8.4/10

BurningLeaves
Org Profile

Post by BurningLeaves » Mon May 11, 2009 12:29 am

The video had it's flaws but in the end I really liked it. Sync was a little off, especially at the beginning scenes changing too fast. Once you started telling your story the video really picked up. You chose your scenes very well. I noticed this was a .wmv, which I would assume was made in wmm, if so I would really recommend using a different program, your far too good of an editor for it.

Fingerzam
Org Profile

Post by Fingerzam » Sun May 24, 2009 6:21 pm

This was pretty awesome. This is the The Girl Who Leapt Through Time AMV I've been waiting for since I saw the movie, definitely the best one I've seen so far.

Ikore
Org Profile

Post by Ikore » Mon May 25, 2009 1:08 am

*its so beautiful, its make you wanna cry* :cry:

as it have been said, it was a fail to try to rush every single note in the beginning, it is not your duty as a editor to hit every single beat, first you try to follow every piano note and then the voice of avril, and that was not the best idea, because you start quickly setting a rhythm and then you pace down, its so sudden that it feels weird... i think this video start around 0:20 when you follow the piano notes, it takes flow, actually its when the magic starts, notice that you unconsciously (i guess) follow 1, 2, 3, 4, indeed watch again this video and start counting 1, 2, 3, 4 as following a marching band pace, or learning to play drums 8-), or like a metronome.

that pace you use to start a sequel of scenes and finish them, and those changes fits that 1, 2, 3, 4, ( and you make that since 00:20) basicly thats how your mind interprets music, those 4 times become a compas 4 x 4 ( i really dont know how it is call in english) and when you follow that rhythm its better to assimilate the video :up:

if you know that, its really cool, if you don´t, so you are probably as surprised, as I am with your work :shock:

btw 4/5, and i guess you know why :D

oh yeah.... I forgot... I LOVE AVRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/5 :wink:
SING! Never mind the words!!!

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Mon May 25, 2009 3:41 am

lol oh it's 'site' btw lol... too many JaddziaDax amvs for you...

1 why wmv?? it's obviously NOT WMM made (probably Vegas), so why not use an avi? obviously we don't like anything that's not an avi, mpg (in a few cases) or mp4 lol.
2 Avril Lavigne plays wonderfully into AMVs... maybe it's because we're all just skeater girls riet?? lol
3 editing is done masterfully... but it just didn't speak to me :/ 3.5/ 5
If you do not think so... you will DIE

Sephirothishere
Org Profile

Post by Sephirothishere » Mon May 25, 2009 3:21 pm

This is actually a pretty nice watch!

Simple yet meaningful: my kind of stuff :P

:up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”