hello, I'm Bad Idea Productions.

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Bad Idea Productions
Org Profile

hello, I'm Bad Idea Productions.

Post by Bad Idea Productions » Sun Jan 19, 2003 3:33 pm

Hi.

I've been an AMV fan for years, and recently I finally got what I need together to start making my own vids. I've had the ideas for years, though, and consdering my friends' reactions to said ideas, I'll be making AMVs under the name and studio Bad Idea Productions. I know it'll be a while before I actually finish any of these, probably a month or so for the first one, and I'll need to find a host, but that's not all that important right now. I just wanted to drop in, say "hi," introduce myself, and list the projects I have in mind. here goes:

Anime: Vampire Hunter D
Music: They Might Be Giants, "Exquisite Dead Guy"

Anime: Saber Marionette J
Music: Oingo Boingo, "Little Girls"

Anime: Golden Boy
Music: Garbage, "Cherry Lips (Go Baby Go!)"

Anime: I! My! Me! Strawberry Eggs
Music: Rocky Horror Picture Show, "Sweet Transvestite"

Anime: Revolutionary Girl Utena
Music: Garbage, "Androgyny"

Anime: Neon Genesis Evangelion
Music: They Might Be Giants, "Robot Parade"

Anime: Onegai Teacher
Music: U2, "Ultraviolet (Light My Way)"

I'm hoping to have the first three ideas, and possibly the Onegai Teacher one, ready for AnimeExpo 2003. The Utena one is kind of on the back burner, 'cause I'll need the entire series for that (or at least most of it) and it'll be a while before it's all out on DVD.

I have absolutely no idea how to end this, so I'll just say thanks for reading and bow.

::bow::

Brolli411
Org Profile

Post by Brolli411 » Sun Jan 19, 2003 6:55 pm

Welcome to AnimeMusicVideos.org. Those look like some good ideas you have there, I hope to see some of them accomplished.
<A HREF="http://animemusicvideos.org/members/mem ... 61">Member Profile</a>

"You just saved the entire world from a near-death destruction, how do you feel?"
"I'm going to Disney Land!"
"That's right, Disney Land, you heard it here first folks."

MPEG2Source("C:/<A HREF="http://animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/">Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a></a>")

Anime Jedi
Org Profile

Post by Anime Jedi » Sun Jan 19, 2003 7:37 pm

Hi Bad Idea Productions. Welcome. :D Hope you enjoy your time here at AnimeMusicVideos.org.

I wish you the best of luck in completing your projects in time. ^_^

Bad Idea Productions
Org Profile

Post by Bad Idea Productions » Sun Jan 19, 2003 10:30 pm

hello! thanks for the friendly greetings.....few things are more upsetting than showing up new and being flamed from the start. glad to hear you like what I have planned and that nobody's run away screaming yet.

I'm planning on starting the first vid next weekend, I just spent some time getting familiar with Premeire and it's all going well. now, I just need to review the guides here about compression, 'cause I know my less-than-two-minutes-long "test reel" vid really shouldn't be almost 400 meg. :roll:

anyway, thanks for the support, and I'll hopefully see you around. I don't think I've seen either of your work, but I'll look into what you've done soon. later and such!

Jebadia
Org Profile

Post by Jebadia » Mon Jan 20, 2003 12:31 am

if you actually pull off the Rocky Horror Picture Show idea...jesus that will be a funny vid.
"If you believe in yourself, eat all your school, stay on milk, drink your teeth, don't do sleep, and get your eight hours of drugs, you can get WORK!"
Paperskunk:...PENIS!!!!!!!!! GIANT PENIS!!!!!!!!!! ERMAC WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!!!!!!!! GIANT JUICY PENIS!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHH MY EYES!!!!!!

Bad Idea Productions
Org Profile

Post by Bad Idea Productions » Mon Jan 20, 2003 5:27 pm

thanks! that was one of my more recend ideas, the others I've had for at least a few months. I've been piecing that together in my head for a bit, it'll take some doing but it could work. all I have definite about it is that the title will be "Sweet Strawberry Eggs." :D yea, it's goofy, but it works.
<b>Bad Idea Productions</b>.....abbreviated as "BIP" because that's the sound my head makes when people throw stuff at it after seeing my videos.

<i>Current Project:</i> "Little Marionettes" - Saber Marionette J plus Oingo Boingo's "Little Girls."

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”