Watchmenchi

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
purplepolecat
Org Profile

Watchmenchi

Post by purplepolecat » Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:33 pm

Kosmit
Slippery Pole
Org Profile

Re: Watchmenchi

Post by Kosmit » Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:53 am

Watched it. Solid piece of work, but nothing extraordinary. :up: for the title though :)

BTW, too bad that neither Gay Bar nor Dance Commander made it into the VCA2009 semis. Both were great fun :)

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:45 am

Was that Muse singing in the background toward the end?

Arczi
Org Profile

Post by Arczi » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:31 am

Great amv trailer, cool idea, atmosphere, but....I think it could be more...funny. As a parody of course

purplepolecat
Org Profile

Post by purplepolecat » Wed Mar 11, 2009 11:36 am

Ishbalan wrote:Was that Muse singing in the background toward the end?
Affirmative. "Take A Bow" was the song.

I just got a QC saying "i didn't figure out if it was supposed to be a parody of the trailer or a serious piece of work...". I've always thought that trailer AMVs should be both.

Animated
Drama Text Cop
Org Profile

Post by Animated » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:19 pm

purplepolecat wrote:I just got a QC saying "i didn't figure out if it was supposed to be a parody of the trailer or a serious piece of work..."
Yep, that was me :D

And...look. If a trailer is funny and serious at the same time, then, we have two different occasions here.

1st) You are a genius
2nd) Epic fail
3rd) I said two occasions dammit

mirkosp
The Absolute Mudman
Org Profile

Post by mirkosp » Thu Mar 12, 2009 12:47 pm

Animated24 wrote:
purplepolecat wrote:I just got a QC saying "i didn't figure out if it was supposed to be a parody of the trailer or a serious piece of work..."
Yep, that was me :D

And...look. If a trailer is funny and serious at the same time, then, we have two different occasions here.

1st) You are a genius
2nd) Epic fail
3rd) I said two occasions dammit
I thought parody and fun were two different genres. AKA not all parody vids are funny and not all fun vids are parodies. So yeah, being parody and serious at the same time doesn't mean that it's supposed to be funny and serious at the same time...

PS: dl'ing now.

EDIT: Very good trailer. I'll admit I personally didn't really enjoy it, but that's a me thing, I don't really like trailers... but I am able to understand when one is well done, and this was the case. :up:

thundercatlord
Org Profile

Post by thundercatlord » Thu Mar 12, 2009 2:55 pm

I thought it was a very unique idea, and I enjoyed it :D
Good job, I especially like what you did with Pedro, giving him the Dr. Manhattan look.

4/5

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”