Pain // Drama

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Msf
Org Profile

Pain // Drama

Post by Msf » Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:42 pm

Video: Pain
Category: Drama , Sentimental, Horror , Serious
Anime: Scholl Days // Elfen Lied // Afro Samurai // FullMetal Alchemist // Rurouni kenshin
Song: The Worlds Forgotten - The Words Forbidden
Artist: Sonata Arctica
Creator:Msf

plz comment :P

surfsama
Org Profile

Re: Pain // Drama

Post by surfsama » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:30 pm

Good amv. The beat-sync is very good and you switch-up the scenes and animes enough that it stays interesting and not repetitive. Good use of basic effects. It's nice to see Afro Samurai gets some airtime.

Two critiques:
1) The intro and outro credits seem...too much for this amv. Especially what appears to be a two-part intro that I misstook for the start of your amv.

2) The video quality needs some polish. The transitions from video source to images was obvious and there's visible interlacing.
Hide the Cheese Whiz

Msf
Org Profile

Post by Msf » Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:07 pm

surfsama wrote:Good amv. The beat-sync is very good and you switch-up the scenes and animes enough that it stays interesting and not repetitive. Good use of basic effects. It's nice to see Afro Samurai gets some airtime.

Two critiques:
1) The intro and outro credits seem...too much for this amv. Especially what appears to be a two-part intro that I misstook for the start of your amv.

2) The video quality needs some polish. The transitions from video source to images was obvious and there's visible interlacing.

Ok surfsama thz for ur coment =D , thx for critiques , i´ll try change in my next´s amv´s :lol:

Msf
Org Profile

Post by Msf » Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:32 pm

More comment plz :lol:

blaku92
Org Profile

Post by blaku92 » Tue Jan 20, 2009 3:58 am

Ok, since you asked :D . You seem to have an understanding of how to apply effects, but sometimes I felt like you didn't have much of a reason for adding them. This is subjective, but I think you would benefit from using less effects and having more action synch. Using manga was a good idea, but it was all too fast and blurry -- space it out with a longer pauses. Also the Interlaced footage was bothersome. I definitely think you have creative potential. Keep at it! hope this helps.

2.5/5

"I've dated uglier girls than you for breakfast."

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:38 am

eh...try again

Msf
Org Profile

Post by Msf » Mon Jan 26, 2009 2:06 pm

Thz for "...you have creative potential..." :lol:
blaku92 wrote:Ok, since you asked :D . You seem to have an understanding of how to apply effects, but sometimes I felt like you didn't have much of a reason for adding them. This is subjective, but I think you would benefit from using less effects and having more action synch. Using manga was a good idea, but it was all too fast and blurry -- space it out with a longer pauses. Also the Interlaced footage was bothersome. I definitely think you have creative potential. Keep at it! hope this helps.

2.5/5

Msf
Org Profile

Post by Msf » Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:40 am

COVER :P

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”