Kids Got Shadows In Their Eyes

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:41 am

hmm I like when editors experiment. I shall get this when i get back from work.

Ryko89
Org Profile

Post by Ryko89 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:42 am

oh my! Ingow, you rock! This was so awesome. Watching it for my second time now. I can't get enough of it!

When I see you in Berlin I shall suck the brain juices outta ur genious skull!
:ying:

5/5

I liked the effects, they were a nice change in the amv. I won't pick on small things that annoyed me. This was just overall awesome.

A raging tornado of win!

<3

Ingow = Prodigy of atmospheric amvs!
~~
Image Image

Le0
Org Profile

Post by Le0 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:16 pm

You should've made a no-effects vid. Lipsynch stylisticaly was out of place too. Still it's a decent vid with some nice flow and def a keeper for me, but it could've been so much better by just keeping it simple.

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:46 pm

good job =) I absolutely loved the song. Some effects were a tad annoying like the picture in picture thing on the first verse. I really enjoyed the feeling of the video.

:up:

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:48 pm

Sufficiently awesome. I was on the fence about it until about two-thirds of the way through, and then everything kinda came together and wrapped up really nicely. I'll gladly give you 5/5, just for the last third of the video alone. The rest was really cool though, too. Very nice job.

-GfN-
Org Profile

Post by -GfN- » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:55 pm

oh right, classy late reply.
good job ingo, great atmosphere and even greater editing.
also, this is the first video I'll keep after having deleted all of my amvs.
some nitpicks, but you know those.

8.1/10

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Thanks for all the nice feedback. :up:

Generally I can really just say that AMVs have and never will be about producing masterpieces for me. I just sit down and when I feel creative I want to produce something so I start editing, if everything flows with how I see things in my mind I end up finishing the video. So yes, the effects aren't very well planned or used, this is only my second time working in Vegas and I was still discovering all the little child's play fx to work with.

The length however was essential. I actually feel very bad for using such a mainstream pop-esque post-rock song with kinda-catchy vocals instead of a true representative 30 minute instrumental song with all kinds of dynamic mood and atmosphere changes. I shall do a video like that sometime, but I didn't feel like misusing Mushi-shi and destroying the anime scenes for the purpose of making a huge artsy AMV.

The lip sync as well as most of the other sync methods were also solely used to show the viewers what I had in my mind to the song. I don't think that sitting in front of the monitor for 5 more days just to get some lip movements right would get the concept across any better, it would just make it easier to accept for people that wouldn't enjoy the main idea to begin with IMO.

But I am already writing too much and giving the wrong impression about how I think this is totally meaningful and important, I just felt like responding in general to all the negative and positive QC's and posts on other boards as well as the stuff from this thread.

SoH
Org Profile

Post by SoH » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:41 pm

Thanks for this Mushishi video, i liked a lot teh editing.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”