[Connichi 08 - Most Artistic] Eve - The Perfect Human

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

[Connichi 08 - Most Artistic] Eve - The Perfect Human

Post by Bauzi » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:45 pm

(yes... a censored version will follow on the local host)

Those who seek for perfection will break

Title: Eve - The Perfect Human
Animes: Various. I don´t write them down here. Some of them might not seam like they make sense or are unusual for such a vid.
Genre: Character Profil, Horror, Other, Serious, Creepy
Yes. I consider this to be a character profil. I don´t portray a character itself, I portray some sort of "situation".
Artist: Nine Inch Nails
Song: Closer
Duration: 06:00

Note about the downloads:
I recommend the 110MB mp4 version or the 167MB version. Sorry. The effects needed such an high bitrate. There are still some lower filesizes on the server, but they don´t look as good as the 110 and 167 versions.
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=162425

Warning #1:
This video may offend you. It was on the edge of legality for local hosting on this site. Yes a light censored version for local hosting will follow. For now: It´s uncensored and contains violence and sexual nudity (isn´t too explain. You won´t see genitals or something).

Warning #2:
This is a 100% Bauzi amv. This is suited and was made for MY taste. I don´t expect you to like it, but I still hope you do. Please keep in mind before bitching about effect heavy videos that this video here wouldn´t be possible at all without them. I brought the different styles of used animes down to one unit. Without those editing there wouldn´t be such an atmosphere or mood.

Short description of the content
This is a fictiv medical Report of the project "Eve" wich mission is to search for the perfect human. This video covers themes like abuse or ethnical conflicts.

Long description of the content
The project "Eve" is a fictivious scientific attemp to research the perfect human. This video is like a medical report about the ongoing project. It´s for me clear that no real report would look like this, but the beginning and the end should remind of such a report. Of course the mainpart was stylized like an usual AMV.
The project is pursued mainly by man and that´s why test subject are beautiful women because the embody already something that comes close to perfection with pure beauty.
Of course they´re not only searching for sexobjects. The women should be a mother-figure for them as well like I wanted to show at the scenes around 2:00.
Additionaly there is a kind of underpart represented of singel men. They are part of the research and with theire help as test subject the effect of the project should be discovered. In doing so the often act agitated, violent, scared or confused about the peculiar perfection wich unhopefully overextend them. They quasi lose theire apprehension.
I wanted to cover a lot of themes with this video:
Violence, sexual craving, medical abuse, abuse itself, ethical conflicts of modern science, cloning, power over a defensless victim, crisis and questions about the own identity, helplessness and of course the search for the unreachable perfection.

Awards:
Connichi 2008 - Most Artistic
It was also finalist for Most Artistic and Best Of Show at AWA Pro this year.

My final thoughts:
I wanted to go with it into the old direction of my vid "Deus Machina" and away from the stare cage of syncing. I think I did a good job. What do you think about it? I´m pleased with the effects too.
uhm... I never had such an intense rush of ideas in my whole life before this project. Not everything was possible or good, but it was an incredible feeling for me. Wow.

Oh my god. It´s 12 months since I began to work on the project and finally I can release it. I´m so nervous now .-.
Last edited by Bauzi on Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

Magnus
Treasure this time
Org Profile

Post by Magnus » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:57 pm

virginity O:

/gets

Wow, I really dug the concept and the general editing bauz. Also loved the blending you did <3 Will re-watch this tomorrow when I'm less tired and give you my full feed-back. But for now I'll leave you with a :up:
Last edited by Magnus on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:06 pm

Been looking forward to this :)

/gets

NightHawk
Org Profile

Post by NightHawk » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:18 pm

Looks interesting enough...

*gets high quality version*

EDIT - Wasn't disappointing in the least. Very artistic and a good watch.

Great job.
Last edited by NightHawk on Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
ImageImage

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:31 pm

YYUUSS! This is going to be wicked 8-)
/me gets

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Mon Oct 06, 2008 6:37 pm

Thank you for this great Viewing Experience. True Video Art really exists.

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:03 pm

This is really good stuff I thought. Interesting idea, and while not completely cohesive, the execution is good. Very tastefully done and athmospheric - and not without its share of good sync.

:up:

PS - and I hope you mean "ethical" and not "ethnical" conflicts of modern science >__>
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

FinalResolve
Org Profile

Post by FinalResolve » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:06 pm

I think the video falls short of the inspiration( <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/video/14617">Closer</a> ). It lacks the subtle internal sync that's evident throughout Aluminum's video, almost unnoticeable. It seems like you took the less cuts idea behind this project too literally and it shows from 4:20 and on, the music is very intense and the cuts are just not there. The audience needs a way to release all the tension built in the first 4 minutes and the video just doesn't provide that.

I enjoyed it enough to write this, and I don't usually comment on videos. What you did with the color was a nice way to amplify the atmosphere so good job there.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:09 pm

/gets for bauzi hawtness. :O

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:13 pm

Kevmaster wrote:Thank you for this great Viewing Experience. True Video Art really exists.
X2
That was really wicked dude. Great work. This is one of those videos where you can't knock anything about it because if it's artistic intent.
5/5

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”