Double release! :D

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Reigna
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Reigna » Thu May 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Nice work on both videos. I saw In Watercolors a while back, and thought it was a smooth and interesting vid. The Gift was beautiful, plus you get big points for using Reign of Kindo. :up:
Casting white shadows.

WesW
Org Profile

Post by WesW » Thu May 22, 2008 5:03 pm

Watching The Gift seemed like watching a short clinic on editing. I'd love to know what techniques you used on the footage, and how you decided upon pairing footage with lyrics.
For instance, I noticed you always had something zooming out on the word "realize", which makes sense with the way the singer emphasizes the word. There were some other places where I would have probably been lost as to what to do, however. I'd be interesting to know what problems you ran into given the limited amount of footage you had, and how you decided to solve them.
Editor of Classic Rock Productions - "Old-school editing for old-school Rock"

krzT
I has a title
Org Profile

Post by krzT » Fri May 23, 2008 1:57 am

Man I absolutely cannot believe I was in the Adirondacks without a computer for this release =(

But still...you know my thoughts on both. Total :up: for speed editing (even if it was during exam study period...>__>). Love love love the colors and the atmospheres set up in both vids. I knew to expect something awesome when you told me you had started editing again...though I didn't know about The Gift until it was practically finished. :? thanks for that though <33333

Anyway, to everyone else...get BOTH if you haven't already!!

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Fri May 23, 2008 2:21 am

Exceptional work on Watercolors.I'm making an amv to True Tears these days so your amv was more than welcome.Beautiful scene selection,simple and decent editing,nice songie.Simple and starightforward amv,just like I want it.^^

4.5/5 8-)

Even more exceptional work on Gift.The movement just never stops,visually it's uber awesome,the song is very good and though it lacks concept,it is such an inspirational amv that I can only crave for more like this.

5/5 8-)

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Sat May 24, 2008 3:36 pm

Yukinon-chan wrote:I liked the atmosphere of them both.. really nice
CrackTheSky wrote:Good job with both of them, they both have very tangible atmospheres, and I was able to get into both.
Thanks guys, glad you were able to get into the mood of things.
Reigna wrote:The Gift was beautiful, plus you get big points for using Reign of Kindo. :up:
Wooot fellow Kindo fan! :up:
For anyone else who's interested, you can buy their EP at 111store.com [EDIT: also downloadable from iTunes and Amazon and such], and they have a full-length album coming out in August. It's gonna be awesome! :D
WesW wrote:I'd be interesting to know what problems you ran into given the limited amount of footage you had, and how you decided to solve them.
Well, I've already described the challenges in the video description and here in this thread. Mainly they were the short footage (4 minutes consisting of many <1 second clip flashes) and the hard-coded credits. But I can't really complain because the footage is still very beautiful and dynamic. What it really came down to was knowing the music well and just going with my gut instinct on how to match the movements in video and audio.
krzT wrote:Man I absolutely cannot believe I was in the Adirondacks without a computer for this release =(
Yeah, sowwie, I thought it was time to finally let these two out of the gate. :P No matter! It just means that you get to be fashionably late. <3

When you get home from Cornell, let's have another editing date! :D
Full Metal Sempai wrote:I'm making an amv to True Tears these days so your amv was more than welcome.
Need a beta tester? ;)
Last edited by jasper-isis on Sun May 25, 2008 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

OneLastkiss123
Org Profile

Post by OneLastkiss123 » Sat May 24, 2008 5:15 pm

I liked "The Gift" it was kewl and so on... 4/5
but somehow didnt like 2nd vid =| :roll:

Dark-Krystal
Org Profile

Post by Dark-Krystal » Sun May 25, 2008 4:02 am

I only saw The Gift for the moment and it's definitely a keeper. Nice video, with an excellent flow. Good Job Jasper !

:wink:

Nunchuck
Org Profile

Post by Nunchuck » Sun May 25, 2008 4:35 am

The first one got me really interested in the series :o Also good job on the second one ;)

Really nice job :up:

-BL-
Org Profile

Post by -BL- » Sun May 25, 2008 8:16 am

Downloaded In Watercolors because of the source and I really enjoyed watching it o:
You did a pretty good job on scene selection there.

Best True Tears amv I've watched so far :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”