let me die...

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Sat Mar 01, 2008 12:55 am

Awsome video, Kev
I like your editing style
:up:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

renato_arleo
Org Profile

Post by renato_arleo » Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:47 pm

downloading.
o///

the image its... cool.
:?
0_0

~O.W.A~ Studios

blabbler
Org Profile

Post by blabbler » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:58 pm

I think the continuous barrage of crossfades got a bit wearing towards the end, but I very much enjoyed this. It's really, really, really dramatic.

Edit: Cockit. I fail at tactical bumping.

:(

omegaevolution
Org Profile

Post by omegaevolution » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:44 pm

I liked this a lot Kev, nice work and good editing overall. I was starting to see how the AMV was going to be as a whole when I reached the half, like:
the protagonist fighting bad guy --> something happen --> Protagonist vs bad guy --> something happens --> and so on.
I could think of it as some flash backs in between a great fight (dunno, never watched the movie/anime), but it looked like that to me.
Still, great work. Me likes :D

4/5 :up:
ImageImage

Ijexis
Org Profile

Post by Ijexis » Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:00 am

I had downloaded it a while back and completely forgot to post something -_- Must say Kev, loved it. Great scene choice and the mood is dramatic and effective. Still gotta say, the flight segments are my favorite parts.

Paty Punk
Org Profile

Post by Paty Punk » Mon Mar 17, 2008 5:05 am

I must say, good work Kevman!

4/5 Stars.

Keep on like that and you'll get a cookie! ;)

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:37 pm

Well that was pretty good. :O
It generally had decent flow and good beat synch.. I saw at least one poopy frame in the video (1:36) and some parts could have done without flashes (like the part where he cuts her shirt - I think the action syncs the beat perfectly there and the flash is rather unneeded) but I liked it, it really shows progress from the mediocre stuff you'd made up 'till now. ;p
7/10.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Mar 22, 2008 1:38 pm

Ghet wrote:lovely +insert heart here+ *gets*

:up::up::up:
narutosgirl wrote:Kewl =] I like how it fit the dramatic mood. Nice job Kevy
Thank you, That was my main aspect on this Video, glad I could get it through to you :)
ArashinomeAMV wrote:It wasn't bad, I felt the song would have done alot more justice to the series than the movie. Also, sometimes the editing felt abit choppy, and for some reason the source doesnt look as HQ as it could. Overall it was alright, nothing to write home about.

3/5
you gotta blame my PAL source for the "not perfect" quality, I think I did a quite good job filtering it up though, though I wished I'd have a NTSC version on my hands :p Also, It's a pity, but I didn't actually watched the bebop series, I've always wanted to, but never got around to watch it <_<
Goketsu wrote:lol its funny I was actually in the mood for a drama type amv when I got an offline message linking me to this thread, I definitely enjoyed it
didn't care for the song that much but its growing on me. I do kind of agree with Arashinome about it would have worked better for the series than the movie tho but anyways I think I will keep this one
editing was pretty good and the flow was as well
overall 3.5 out of 5
I'll leave an opinion when I get back Im about to go somewhere
Thanks for the opinion :)
SSJ3 Son Jp wrote:The song is very kick ass! In my opinion, you've captured the atmosphere very well on this amv. You also did a good job on the sync (you did go abit overboard though). The quality was good too, haven't really seen bebop get any higher than that... Not too over filtered either. My only problem with this was I didn't get the story IF there was a story to it. Other than that 4/5 from me.
Thank you, glad you enjoyed the Quality, and of course it's nice to see that people enjoy the song used, because I personally think The Mars volta kicks ass big time :p And you know I'm a synchwhore :P
NerdStrudel wrote:haha, never see the volta in AMVs, You better have done these mexicans on crack justice kev :O

/getz

Edit: so it turns out that Nerd is decently pleased with this AMV, yes it could have been better. there were a couple instances where I felt the flow could be better, but overall it was a good vid. There wasn't really that much of a story, but eh, random drama vid never hurt anybody.
We've got enough random action vids already, WE NEED MORE DRAMA ONES! Thx for the comments :P (and yes, of course its not perfect, every signle amv existing 'could be better')
Tseng808 wrote:i actually really enjoyed it, at times i think the editing coulda been a little faster paced, mainly on the segments which Spike in the swordfish. Other thank that i really liked it, loved the quality of the video :)
Thank you! =) hmh, I actually though the scenes with the swordfish fit the pace of the song quite well (actually its my personal favourite part of the video), but I guess we just have different feelings for the pace of videos :P
CodeChrono wrote::O

O:

A vid for me to opinion? Impossible... :O

*gets*
I'm still waiting.

O:

:O
cascao_123 wrote:Its Great :D

Ill give an opinion when I have more time XD
seems youre very busy /o\ Thank you.
Fizziks wrote:Admittedly it felt a little over-synched at times, but overall I thought it was a good video. :up:
According to my beta testers it could have even been more synched :P haha, glad you enjoyed it.
ArashinomeAMV wrote:Honestly, I seem to be getting addicted to this, I blame the song
yeah, I guess the song really does a lot for the Video ;p
NerdStrudel wrote:
ArashinomeAMV wrote:Honestly, I seem to be getting addicted to this, I blame the song
Before you start checking out other Mars volta stuff, I will warn you that MOST of their stuff is...very different, They have a couple other songs that are slow paced, but if you're looking for something that kicks ass Go for At the drive-in. it's Cedric's (Volta's singer or guitarist, I forget) old band.
Mars Volta ftw \o/
Emong wrote:You know your vids, Kev O:

I liked it. Although, I knew I would since I also liked the IC version x) The mood sync was really good and the combo seems right (even though randomly chosen in the first place) In fact, it works really well as a mood-driven character profile, even though I couldn't really get the 'story'. I know you didn't have much time to think about it on IC but it doesn't really erase the fact that this video isn't story-driven enough..

The sync was really intriguing. But it looked like it had hard time not letting it go all over the place. You didn't have a clear sync pattern to follow, which makes your beat sync kinda hard to follow and somewhat messy. You keep switching from beat sync to internal sync to lyrical sync - add some different versions of those - and it often feels like there's no logic to it. I didn't say this at the beta stage because I didn't want to make you feel like you should start from a scratch and it would have been of no use anyway.. But, the fast drums beats were used really nicely, as were the song climaxes ;)

I'll drop you an op later.

3½/5 :up:

Even if you would have told me about, i wouldn't have changed it cuz I like it that way :P

Also, your the third to promise and never give me an opinion on this video ¬_¬

Nunchuck wrote:I get this ;)

Edit: I really liked it! One of the best looking AMV's of that anime! The action scenes were really nice synced! I think you did a good job 4/5
Thank you!
BaQuM wrote:The first minute was a bit choppy, but after that it was nice and clean =D
The quality is awesome too :up: 4/5 And its addicting D:
Well, that 1st minute was all iron chef'd O: Glad you liked the quality :p
Sayedee wrote:very sweet, i love the way you hit the mood of the song, the atmosphere is amazing.

I also like how you switched up your synch, that kept it refreshing and entertaining.

Good job 4/5
That was exactly what I was going for :P GLad you enjoyed it, also thx for the Opinion!
[Mugen] wrote:was pretty good i liked it 4/5
thankyou O:
Scott Green wrote: *instert gay post here that fucked up my post earlier*
~_~
Bauzi wrote:3.65/5

I liked it somehow, but do you know what? The vid and the song loose a lot of charm because of the editing. I miss the smoth simplicity. All the time this crossfade and beatsyncs. They´re just too much for me and screw the vid and especially the mood. I think there was only one scene where I thought that it really fit.
Too bad I couldn't really get the feeling through to you, thanks for checking it out anyway ^_^
Autraya wrote:pretty much what emong said about sync, and....
i fergot

must be lunch time

oh

i only got soup to eat ;\

hmmm

oh the video rite, I think it shows that you've improved a lot over the past year, this is one of those vids where you can tell that you are getting better.
thanks ;p
ShatteredFlame wrote:I really enjoyed this :O! Editing and sync was pretty tight and song is pretty addicting @_@ nice job 4/5 :up:
thank you!
Funky-kun wrote:The flow of the video was just amazing. This was the first thing that striked me and I still think it is the best part. Sync fits very well with the song. Nice job. Atmosphere was neat, but I've been watching these scenes in every Bebop AMV, so yeah, you know about originality. The song was great tho. :up:

4/5
Thank you! I'm glad you liked the flow, That was my biggest problem in the past, letting my beat synch driven editing style flow well with the music. glad you enjoyed it ^_^
ngsilver wrote:I'm really starting to like the stuff coming from you.

Good work :up:
awesome, i got a new fan 8-) haha, thank you!
Naizashi wrote:pretty good song is addicting just thought it was a little random and the ending 3:13-3:23 i think that was unneeded i know it was the credits but it just didn't make sense to me to have that scene there before the last one (which i would of prefer you left it at that) well anyways Good Job I thought the editing was good and overall enjoyable 4/5 :up:
hmh, didnt really think about that O: I just thought that scene would make cool credits, glad u liked it anyway^^
moonie211 wrote:Awsome video, Kev
I like your editing style
glad you do =P thanks ^^
renato_arleo wrote:downloading.
o///

the image its... cool.
:?
yup, scawt knows what hes doing O: (or doesnt he?)
blabbler wrote:I think the continuous barrage of crossfades got a bit wearing towards the end, but I very much enjoyed this. It's really, really, really dramatic.

Edit: Cockeat. I fail at tactical bumping.

:(
Well, I just despise hard cuts, thuse there are so many crossfades :P glad you liked the video ^_^
omegaevolution wrote:I liked this a lot Kev, nice work and good editing overall. I was starting to see how the AMV was going to be as a whole when I reached the half, like:
the protagonist fighting bad guy -- something happen -- Protagonist vs bad guy -- something happens -- and so on.
I could think of it as some flash backs in between a great fight (dunno, never watched the movie/anime), but it looked like that to me.
Still, great work. Me likes :D

4/5 :up:
hehe, I like when people try to inerpret my video's intention, shows that they obviously put thoughts in it. Thanks! :D
Ijexis wrote:I had downloaded it a while back and completely forgot to post something -_- Must say Kev, loved it. Great scene choice and the mood is dramatic and effective. Still gotta say, the flight segments are my favorite parts.
glad you liked it ^_^
Paty Punk wrote:I must say, good work Kevman!

4/5 Stars.

Keep on like that and you'll get a cookie! ;)
I DONT WANT YOUR COOKIES!

thankya :P
Cast to Stone wrote:Well that was pretty good. :O
It generally had decent flow and good beat synch.. I saw at least one poopy frame in the video (1:36) and some parts could have done without flashes (like the part where he cuts her shirt - I think the action syncs the beat perfectly there and the flash is rather unneeded) but I liked it, it really shows progress from the mediocre stuff you'd made up 'till now. ;p
7/10.
wheeee <3

I just like to add something to the internal synch, mostly because a lot of people seem to fail at noticing internal synch at all, but actually you're right, if they don't see the awesome inner synch, then that is their problem O;

Also, yesterday dokool messaged me saying my Video got nice reaction at anime boston, I'm happy to see people enjoy my work :D
Last edited by Kevmaster on Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Sat Mar 22, 2008 6:55 pm

html code messed up your quotes >_>

that happens when there are < > symbols |:

Well apperantly my quote is the one that caused it -_-

hope you'll fix it by time >_>

EDIT: Did I mention that I like your banners ^_~
Last edited by Scott Green on Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:04 pm

what? o_o

EDIT: OH! XD I see it now, shit that really fucked up a lot of the quotes =/ gotta re-write all my comment stuff now.

EDIT2: There, fix'd -_-
Scott Green wrote: EDIT: Did I mention that I like your banana ^_~
often enough.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”