ABENOlive by •Shaman•

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
•Shaman•
Org Profile

ABENOlive by •Shaman•

Post by •Shaman• » Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:57 am

<b>Video:</b> <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/video/1 ... ENOlive</a>
<b>Category:</b> Character Profile, Comedy, etc
<b>Anime:</b> Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi
<b>Song:</b> Barbie Girl
<b>Artist:</b> Aqua
<b>Creator:</b> <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/usernum ... Shaman•</a> (Visual Experience Studio)

All right! Finally I've realized my little dream to make an AMV totally sung!
I think about this project since I saw for the first time Anime for Humanity, then Shounen Bushidou and Malificus' Do unto Others!
To make a long story short, ABENO live is a big goal for me, not only it is totally sung,but with FraChan and mirkosp's help I was able to use Vegas and After Effects as its best to make, in my opinion, wonderful effects.
The video uses the theme of the song "Barbie Girl" by Aqua, sung by Sashi and Arumi, main characters of the anime Abenobashi. The idea came when my sister was listening to this song and I immediately associated it with Abenobashi.
Here's the AMV! I like it a lot, more than my previous ones. And what do you think about it?
Last edited by •Shaman• on Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Neverend
The cockpuncher
Org Profile

Post by Neverend » Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:13 am

/getZ Abenobashi Mahou Shotengai is like yeah 8-)

•Shaman•
Org Profile

Post by •Shaman• » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:22 am

LolZ! Abenobashi Rulez

Fall_Child42
has a rock
Org Profile

Post by Fall_Child42 » Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:54 am

Alright, I like what you tried to do with this video, and i liked the effort so I'll do something out of the ordinary and give constructive feed back.

Considering this is a lip synch video, and there is lip synch throughout the entire thing, you hit most of it dead on, there were a few slip ups here and there but being a lipsyncher myself I know how those things happen...don't want someone staying static for too long.

The colour and motion mostly fit the pace and style of music so that was nice as well.

The masking was awesome.

Two things that really bugged me

#1 The effects, alot of them were really really uhh how do I put this nicely...Not so appropriate. They looked stock (i'm not sure they are since i do not use AE) but the looked very lame. Like you just stuck in whatever you could to distract from the lyrics and character expressions.

#2 While the accuracy of the lipsynch was well done it was not matched well with the expressions of the characters. Many times throughout the song Sashi and Arumi had very angry or sad expressions while the voice remained positive and upbeat. This is a bad habit to fall into when making lipsynch heavy videos. Also most of the time, the lyrics did not fit anything that was going on in the background or with the characters themselves.

Overall it was very good, but could have been much better with some more lyric synch and better scene selection.

Keep going with stuff like this man, we always need more good comedy stuff.

•Shaman•
Org Profile

Post by •Shaman• » Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:23 pm

Thanks, I was happy reading your comment. It's nice to see that my amv reached its intention, which is being funny. I lip synced as I like to use it in amvs and it's always good to see. About the lame effects... you're right. It's just that I had this new plug-in in Vegas and... how to put it... I was dragged in exaggerating with it! XD
Again, thanks for the comment. ;)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:10 pm

*meh gets the interestingness*

MiyaDV
Org Profile

Post by MiyaDV » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:24 pm

wow very clean masks and lipsync lol
. . . . . .

Nunchuck
Org Profile

Post by Nunchuck » Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:42 am

/gets

Edit: Oha! That was some nice lyp sync and clean masking! I loved it! Nicely done! Even though I hate the song, I still watched it to the end :D

•Shaman•
Org Profile

Post by •Shaman• » Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:09 am

Thankyou for your comments :D i'm touched!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”