Attack of the Otaku

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
MaximoffZero
Org Profile

Post by MaximoffZero » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:05 am

The only thing more fun than watching this video...is watching it in double-speed!

I just did so...and my brains exploded. I had to wipe them off the floor and duct-tape my head to prevent further leakage...

Seriously though, awesome job! It's just like skittles except the music doesn't annoy me as much (I hate rap).

I'm going to watch it at 3x speed and see if I desintegrate.
ImageImageImageImageImage

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:27 am

MaximoffZero wrote:Seriously though, awesome job! It's just like skittles except the music doesn't annoy me as much (I hate rap).
I actually played Skittles after watching this on loop for like an hour.

It made Skittles look unbelievably slow paced :|

JenCM18
Org Profile

Post by JenCM18 » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:46 am

THAT WAS GREAT!!!!!! reminded me of skittles but it's more fast paced and more colorful than skittles!!!!! and I love the techno beat song nice job!! You seriously have improved a lot. I loved it! 5/5 definitely. I wonder if this will now be on the top 10% list.
Aun Studios. Listen...Imagine...Create. | Ef "feel Alive" | "Keep Me Alive" Your Lie in April & "Feelings We Share" Beyond The Boundary [Work In Progress]

meleechampion
Org Profile

Post by meleechampion » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:56 am

"Otaku used Solarbeam"
"It's super effective!"

This video hurt, how awesome it may or may not be, I cannot judge.

I'll wait a while, recover from the sensory overload, and ask someone with a higher tolerance to bright colors (and words being flashed waaay too fast) what they thought of it. Then I'll flip a coin as to determine whether or not I'll just assume their opinion to be my own.

...as far as the person who commented on watching it double speed? Maybe next time I watch this I'll figure out how to play it at half speed, which is really much more reasonable.

BasharOfTheAges
Just zis guy, you know?
Org Profile

Post by BasharOfTheAges » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:59 am

I think my retinas just detached.

Also... entering this anywhere?
Last edited by BasharOfTheAges on Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anime Boston Fan Creations Coordinator (2019-2023)
Anime Boston Fan Creations Staff (2016-2018)
Another Anime Convention AMV Contest Coordinator 2008-2016
| | |

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:01 am

Wow.
*orgasms*
This is exactly what I wanted after getting off work.
*watches it again*
I think I still like Sugardansen better though.
Last edited by Ishbalan on Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Thu Jan 03, 2008 1:44 am

Ah! Chikaboom! So beautiful!

This is my type of video. I loved the high spaced hyper videos.

And this one takes the cake!

*meh actually thinks it better than Sugardansen! ZOMG! O_O*

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:01 am

Pas1990 wrote:Downloaded.

Opened.

Head exploded with massive win.

It was like an orgasm in my eyes.
Im not cleaning up all of these exploding heads :|
Glad you enjoyed it <3
angelx03 wrote:Damn, now I have a craving for sour Skittles now! :x
as do i =\
surfsama wrote:Holy Shat!

Broadcast this over the airways in the US and you would paralyze half the country...the rest of us would be dancing.

I can't imagine all the hours - not only roto'ing but putting all the pieces together...

Sveet!
The holy shat srsly made me rofl.
Thanks <3
prYzm wrote:omgwtfthatwashawt

srsly enjoyed this vid, now i dont know what to loop, this or sugardansen -_-
Eh they're both equally cavity-inducing.
Thanks for the comment ;O
Unlimited Rice wrote:Err... this was pretty fun. :o
Err... thanks <3
MaximoffZero wrote:The only thing more fun than watching this video...is watching it in double-speed!

I just did so...and my brains exploded. I had to wipe them off the floor and duct-tape my head to prevent further leakage...

Seriously though, awesome job! It's just like skittles except the music doesn't annoy me as much (I hate rap).

I'm going to watch it at 3x speed and see if I desintegrate.
Its NOT just like skittles.
But thanks for the comment <3 glad you liked it!
Pas1990 wrote:
MaximoffZero wrote:Seriously though, awesome job! It's just like skittles except the music doesn't annoy me as much (I hate rap).
I actually played Skittles after watching this on loop for like an hour.

It made Skittles look unbelievably slow paced :|
But. This. Isnt. Skittles.
Stop comparing plz.
JenCM18 wrote:THAT WAS GREAT!!!!!! reminded me of skittles but it's more fast paced and more colorful than skittles!!!!! and I love the techno beat song nice job!! You seriously have improved a lot. I loved it! 5/5 definitely. I wonder if this will now be on the top 10% list.
but.. its.. not.. skitttttllelstflhnadflj @_O;;;
Thanks though, glad you enjoyed it <3
meleechampion wrote:"Otaku used Solarbeam"
"It's super effective!"

This video hurt, how awesome it may or may not be, I cannot judge.

I'll wait a while, recover from the sensory overload, and ask someone with a higher tolerance to bright colors (and words being flashed waaay too fast) what they thought of it. Then I'll flip a coin as to determine whether or not I'll just assume their opinion to be my own.

...as far as the person who commented on watching it double speed? Maybe next time I watch this I'll figure out how to play it at half speed, which is really much more reasonable.
Sorry that i made a vid that caused you pain. That isnt a good sign Dx
Thanks for downloading anyway <3
BasharOfTheAges wrote:I think my retinas just detached.

Also... entering this anywhere?
Is this vid really that eye-boggling? o_O
And ill probably enter it at a lot of cons this year, even though i can only go to like, one con this year.
Thanks for the comment <3
Ishbalan wrote:Wow.
*orgasms*
This is exactly what I wanted after getting off work.
*watches it again*
I think I still like Sugardansen better though.
Pish posh Sugardansen is pure mush in comparison.
Glad you liked it <3
CodeChrono wrote:Ah! Chikaboom! So beautiful!

This is my type of video. I loved the high spaced hyper videos.

And this one takes the cake!

*meh actually thinks it better than Sugardansen! ZOMG! O_O*
weee thanks for the comment! High spaced hyper videos ftw ;O

id like to respond to a majority of the QCs ive been getting.

Ive been getting a lot of "this is a blatant rip-off of skittles" kind of comments. Id just like to point out that when i started this video project, i had absolutely no intention of "copying" skittles. I had this concept in mind quite some time before skittles was released and i intended on incorporating BRIGHT SHINY COLOURZ in one way or another, and the only similarities i can find between the two are the fact its Haruhi + BRIGHT SHINY COLOURZ! The concepts are quite different as well. Skittles is a parody of a real life music video, and Otaku is a crazy fast paced happy hardcore seizure inducing romance-esque video. The sweet and sour skittles was NOT a reference to Koop's vid, it was simply to sync up to the "so sweet and sour" lyric. Im quite sure had the video've not had any color effects whatsoever, people wouldnt be comparing the two, but the song really, really called for it.

Sorry, just wanted to say that. Oh and to those who've been leaving me those "I CoUlDnT sEe ThE VAHDEEO jus teh AUDIO!!!!1111", please get the xvid and please dont try to "teach me" how to "encode properly" through a QC.

Anyways thank you all for the comments, regardless of whether you liked the video or not x3
Image ImageImage

Yarry
Org Profile

Post by Yarry » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:07 am

Jesus Christ :shock:

5/5 on the editing.

I don't like the music nor all the colors EVERYWHERE though (I guess that's a matter of taste), but the video is definitely smooth.

Infinity Squared
Mr. Poopy Pants
Org Profile

Post by Infinity Squared » Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:15 am

I'm bleeding in strange places... must be that good.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”