Higurashi - Before the dawn. from Across Con2007

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Bonefixer
Org Profile

Higurashi - Before the dawn. from Across Con2007

Post by Bonefixer » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:22 am

"What’s going on with our relations…? What did she want from me…? She saw my attitude, but why…? She came to my place all the time… Why…? I wanted to end our relations… to end them peacefully… But she didn’t want a peaceful ending… I understood it, but it was too late… It’s my entire fault in the end… I don’t remember clearly what happened then… My memories were confused… But I know one thing for sure. My conscience couldn’t let me do it, I restrained myself from it… I repented in my dreams… And she made her move… My conscience betrayed me… Damn… I hate it… I have no courage to finish it all… And now I want to die…"

Participant of AkrossCon 2007 (10 th place).

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:07 am

Ohay, it's up.
/gets

Edit: Well as the people below me said, the editing is kinda mainstream and gets repetitive after a bit. I was actually expecting the video to be atmospheric, dark and.. slower, because of the video info and the banner, but yeah. You use a few tricks all over throughout the video, so it can get boring. It left me thinking it wasn't decent up until 0:50. I just can't help but fall in love with the second half though.. I like the sources (awesome song) so combined with decent editing it's pretty much a keeper for me.
6.5/10.
Last edited by Emotive on Thu Dec 27, 2007 6:22 am, edited 2 times in total.

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:42 am

Higurashi made me download this before. I didn't really like it.

The music and the editing seemed just like from any angsty metal action video, which got boring really fast. Furthermore, it didn't do the anime justice at all.
Don't get me wrong, I think it's just really hard to make a good Higurashi video anyway, if I would know how myself I would've done one already... :)

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:12 am

Good that you anounced it, because when I browsed though the akrpss videos 2 weeks ago I didn't download this de to the anime even though I fucking love that song. Good thing I did now, because it's pretty nice, some parts are a bit stereotypical especially the very beginning up to 0:50 and some later parts as well. I don't mind the use of b/w and shake + grain at all because I use those alot as well, but sometimes you went a bit overboard and mixing it with the fully colored scenes without any transition didn't really help. But still the song combined with above average editing makes this video pretty enjoyable for me. Definiatly a keeper, and ... keep up the good work. ;)

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:58 am

Saw this some couple of days ago :D It's was somehow interesting with the whole horror atmosphere. Unfortunately it got boring after a while but a good Hirgurahi video nonetheless :up:

Ishbalan
Org Profile

Post by Ishbalan » Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:47 am

I like it. :up:

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Wed Dec 26, 2007 12:16 pm

yeah, I really got ta see this anime o.0 the video looked like a one trick pony, but I liked it... it's still a pony -_- not a mustang, but you can ride it ;p. and stuff... not that I condone such acts of cruelty, but...

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Dec 27, 2007 12:19 am

loved it :up:

Ghet
Org Profile

Post by Ghet » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:49 am

*postedtoremembertogetathome*

Full Metal Sempai
Org Profile

Post by Full Metal Sempai » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:43 am

Awesome :D :D
Loved both the editing and the song.And I believe it gives justice to the anime...
The first Higurashi vid in my collection 8-)

5/5

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”