Project FMV MEP

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Project FMV MEP

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:16 am

No real bells and whistles in this announcement. I have too much studying to do to Photoshop you folks any hawtness. If you want to know what FMV is/was, look here. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy this little diddy we put together in celebration of videogames. ^_^

- Jen

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Like the project? Want to be in a future incarnation? Why not check out the thread for FMV 2?

Hate the project? Think it needs to die a horrible smoldering death? Why not check out the thread for FMV 2 and see what's been improved to make the next project (hopefully) bigger and better?

Have no interest at all in FMV 2? Why not check out the FMV 2 thread? Everyone, interested or not, can potentially help out in the bolded The Democracy Mix section.

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:21 am

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeh XD

Best Early-Christmas-Present evaaaarr O:
Last edited by Scott Green on Thu Dec 20, 2007 9:20 am, edited 3 times in total.

Takefuji
Org Profile

Post by Takefuji » Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:22 am

\o\~!

*watching it right now*

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:01 am

awesome stuff! im glad I pulled out of it, my track would have been an eyesore compared to the rest with the time I had. Good job on coordinating this DJ. Also I noticed that some parts were in game footage, thought this wasn't allowed but it didn't make much difference in the end.

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:12 am

OropherZero wrote:awesome stuff! im glad I pulled out of it, my track would have been an eyesore compared to the rest with the time I had. Good job on coordinating this DJ. Also I noticed that some parts were in game footage, thought this wasn't allowed but it didn't make much difference in the end.
Thanks man - but I do hope you'll take interest in future MEPs. As for the in game footage, may I ask which parts? I'm not familiar with all of the games in the project.

The way I understand it, the .org is just trying to keep gameplay videos off of the site, and "no gameplay footage" was kind of the easy way to say that, though not entirely accurate. Actually, if you're talking about Kitsuner's part, I believe he got that from a trailer or opening or something that he ripped from the game. Not sure. Either way, from the way he used it, I believe it's considered legit. I'd have to check up on that one, though.

- Jen

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:16 am

\m/>_<\m/

/gets

OropherZero
Org Profile

Post by OropherZero » Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:48 am

actually I was just referring to low level polygon cinematics compared to high level ones but most of the tracks had a mixture of both and it didn't break the flow like the Star Ocean 3 one.

Niwa
Cake Addiction
Org Profile

Post by Niwa » Thu Dec 20, 2007 6:51 am

wahhh it's done :)

/gets

EDIT: I liked a lot :D some segments were a bit long but I still enjoyed it.

u can count me in next time 8-)
Last edited by Niwa on Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:17 am

That was unexpected (didn't follow the Thread that much).

//gets

EDIT:

:shock: I actually quite enjoyed watching it. Not Amazing, but pretty nice. I was actually kinda sad it was so short O.o

Fave segment: Dirge of Cerberus.

[MEP has been moved to "completed" on the List of known Projects.]
Last edited by Kevmaster on Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:51 am

Not to rag on your shit or anything man but the first track needed a LOT more work. I didn't see much even come close to resembling sync in there. Kind of a questionable first track if you ask me considering it pretty much made me wanna turn off the video. But I sat through it and it got considerably better. The Resident Evil track I found to be pretty groovy and even the Kingdom Hearts one at the end...but some of this shit I just couldn't get into. Metal Gear Solid one was nice too cept the video quality was shit.
The Gackt track was STARTING to get good then it was over. Felt really ripped off with that one, it was lookin good so far. Didn't mind the dirge one either. Second track was a bit slow for my tastes as well, and it wasn't really visually appealing. I think the problem with this is that tracks jump from trying to be emotional to that hardcore action you can only find in video games.

As for the prince of persia one I would have liked to have seen more time shit instead of just him being Spiderman.

3/5 if you ask me....most tracks were either hit or miss, and not by a little bit at that. It was either crap or gold with this one.
Last edited by -Reda- on Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*sips tea*

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”