Safe and Sound

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Safe and Sound

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:34 am

Made this today 'cause I was sick and had lots of other stuff to do that I would have rather procrastinated on. It's more of a 'typical' video from me, something you'd probably expect me to do...

Anyway, enjoy as best you can.

Also, to all my Gateway buddies...I promise this is the last full video I'll put out before focusing on Gateway...:>

EDIT: Nevermind, XviD's up now.
Last edited by CrackTheSky on Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Reigna
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Reigna » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:42 am

Wut a Cracker.

Comments laterrrrrrr. :3
Casting white shadows.

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 3:48 am

Damn you. I have to download it. :P
Also, to all my Gateway buddies...I promise this is the last full video I'll put out before focusing on Gateway...:>
Santa is watching you!
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

ScorpionP
Org Profile

Post by ScorpionP » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:00 am

Very depressing video. Storyline was pretty straight-forward and easy to follow (I also first watched the video and then read description, just like you suggested). The only part where I got confused was when that girl gets eaten by wolfs and appears to be alive in the next scene (in case that was the same person). So, for a better understanding, I guess I'd need to see the show.
As you already said, another typical video of your's, slightly more emotional and darker, though :P

Kaxi
Org Profile

Post by Kaxi » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:02 am

The atmosphere was really great, i loved the fast parts, for example the shootout scene and the dog scene - they were the highlights of the video. Too bad the video quality wasn't good. You stole the text style from Niwa! :D
Good job anyway.

Pas
のヮの
Org Profile

Post by Pas » Tue Nov 13, 2007 5:54 am

/gets

Expect a late reply (thanks dial-up, you're the best)

EDIT: man I stayed up til 1:50am until this damn thing finished XD

Well, for me this was an *alright* AMV. The pace of it really reminded me of "Washed by the Sun", as it's relatively slow to begin with, but picks up heavily towards the end. I made sure to check out your description and the wiki before commenting, and it does seem like a simplified version of the anime. Honestly, I don't think it's too re-watchable, not because it's depressing, but because you held a lot of shots for some time, even though (in my opinion) they were pretty still and boring, although I can understand you used them for storytelling purposes. I think I'll actually give an OP on this, so I can explain stuff better :0

Anyways, it was a 3.5/5 for me, rounding to 4.
Last edited by Pas on Tue Nov 13, 2007 7:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:29 am

Great video. Totally loved the "In slow motion the blast is beautiful" scene. Your entire way of syncing never got boring since you kept on changing styles for every audio change/effect and I really liked that. My only complaint might be that the song in itself still has a way too "uplifting" (haha, no, really) rhythm for Jin-Roh, because the movie is more on the slow and sad side and you had to as you wrote yourself turn up the brightness and you also used flashes and stuff and that feels weird for a person that's seen the anime.

But other than that very good work and if you've done this in one day then wow that's totally awesome man 5/5 :up:

omegaevolution
Org Profile

Post by omegaevolution » Tue Nov 13, 2007 6:37 am

so this was what you were trying to deinterlace? O:

sorry Sky, but I didn't like this vid :(, song killed me and the vid itself in the first minutes felt WAY too slow for me, glad you picked up and speeded it a bit later, but it still took an eternity in my eyes to get there. Good thing is that I got your story entirelly (or most of it), you have a good way to tell the story without making someone watch the anime :) .

but it isn't a keeper this time, sorry.
3/5.
ImageImage

lynit
Org Profile

Post by lynit » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:46 am

It works. But yeah, song wasn't appealing to me, and the pacing kinda bored me. Bit depressing, but it works.

Sorry, but I only give you a 3/5 :)
<Stirspeare> Otohiko: You guys sure love dongs.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:04 am

So Crackerz gets emo, huh?

I enjoyed most bits of the video. The song pulled me in pretty quickly (I think I have to listen to Snow Patrol properly sometime..) and I had no problems with the genre either so it was rather easy to like.. But I noticed a weird thing about it right when I started watching it: the mood sync felt awfully disconnected. The sync and fades worked out like they should but the footage seemed totally out-of-place. It was like the characters were outsiders or something.. This went on for the first couple minutes. Feeling like "hey, this song doesn't look like this!" It was propably mostly because of the exploding and action that didn't seem to fit the slow pace of the song.. or maybe it's just that I instantly liked the song and just simply couldn't connect it.

Anyhow, you were doing your usual thing with the clip selection that kept my interest all the time. It's cool you stuff in lots of details and structures that always get me coming back to your videos. I didn't grasp your concept yet, or your flat-out re-telling as I haven't seen Jin-Roh, but the video will certainly go to my current AMV playlist. It just needs more views~ All I can say now is that the story worked well on its own without much support help from technical or mood sync. That's just way cool.

The second half worked out better, imo, as the song and the footage seemed to connect more, sync-wise as well. I liked the occasional effects as they felt like they were a part of the video. I actually didn't really notice them before I read your video description. I actually mistook them for some kind of internal sync =P Anyway, the story was complex - I'm loving that - and while the whole video had the feel like I was watching an AMV with its audio tuned off and with another song playing at the same time, the combo was still coherent enough. Lovely depressing and pretty.

3.75/5 :up:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”