Gothic Poetry

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
MadScientist
Org Profile

Post by MadScientist » Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:40 pm

Nice job! I really liked your use of masks. I didn't actually mind the length either. Although I didn't care for the song, the mood and effects had me quite hooked until the end.

4/5

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Oct 23, 2007 3:03 pm

It is kinda long, would hurt replayability the most I;d say.

but.... wow, that was all kindsa awesome ;p nice job on this one.

Its kinda funny although you used all triangles through the whole thing, It didn't feel like it got old as much as Id have expected normally. You were pretty creative in finding new ways to sync the shapes and do the same effects differently to keep it fresh, even though it uses pretty much the same effect concept throughuout, if that made any sense ;p

anyway good job. :up:

rei.andrea
Org Profile

Post by rei.andrea » Thu Oct 25, 2007 3:50 pm

I really like your style and the use of effects.
The songs fit the anime very well.
thanks for this original AMV.

Great Job :up:

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:13 pm

simofc90 wrote:I love all the effects and this atmosphere horror is very good
great job
Thanks :up: It actually isn't intended to be "horror", but I included the category because it was the closest I could think? ;)
vinylvengeance wrote:Nice job! I really liked your use of masks. I didn't actually mind the length either. Although I didn't care for the song, the mood and effects had me quite hooked until the end.
That's cool. Long videos need to be hooks to work properly, so I'm happy that it was one for you ;) Thanks.
Bakadeshi wrote:Its kinda funny although you used all triangles through the whole thing, It didn't feel like it got old as much as Id have expected normally. You were pretty creative in finding new ways to sync the shapes and do the same effects differently to keep it fresh, even though it uses pretty much the same effect concept throughuout, if that made any sense ;p
Wow, you actually nailed my intentions on effects with your comment :O I always prefer effects repeatative - within certain limits but with variety inside the limits as you said. I'm glad it worked :up: Thanks :P
rei.andrea wrote:I really like your style and the use of effects.
The songs fit the anime very well.
thanks for this original AMV.

Great Job

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Fri Oct 26, 2007 1:28 am

The music wasn't to my liking, but still the editing kept me interested in the visuals, so there was no problem with the length with me. Speaking of editing - beatsync was soooooo win. :up: At first the triangles felt a little off, but I gradually started feeling them as a part of the video. Great Job :up:

4.25/5 Having in mind I disliked the music, there is little propability the score could get higher, but once again, amazing job :)

Greggus1
Org Profile

Post by Greggus1 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:28 am

You win, good sir. Not much more to say, and not my style of video, but the way you carried this was admirable.

I will state this though : THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH CUTTING A SONG FOR A VIDEO. Please, consider it next time.

Emong
A Damaged Lemon
Org Profile

Post by Emong » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:07 am

What the hell is this thread doing here anymore? O.o
Funky-kun wrote:Stuff
Thanks for the comments. I was quite suspicious about the triangles as well but I becaome obsessed with them as the video progressed....
Greggus1 wrote:THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH CUTTING A SONG FOR A VIDEO
I disagree with this statement.. But I'm aware that it's an all-against-one situtation I'm in with my opinions.. Thanks for the comments :D

Emotive
...the Meditant
Org Profile

Post by Emotive » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:15 am

Emong wrote:
I disagree with this statement.. But I'm aware that it's an all-against-one situtation I'm in with my opinions.. Thanks for the comments :D
Oh you shouldn't.. In many situations, as a song carries on, it will just make the amv boring and probably less reviewable. Although I find this specific song better uncut and your amv not boring at all, it's a thing that generally applies to many songs and videos that come from them.
Emong wrote:What the hell is this thread doing here anymore?
A thread named Gothic Poetry can never die until lockage has been forced!

Kevmaster
Eisenbahnmörser
Org Profile

Post by Kevmaster » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:19 am

Emong wrote:
I disagree with this statement.. But I'm aware that it's an all-against-two situtation I'm in with my opinions..
Fix'd and x2 O: Im with you!

Scott Green
Greenwhore
Org Profile

Post by Scott Green » Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:22 am

Kevmasterflashdeluxe wrote:
Emong wrote:
I disagree with this statement.. But I'm aware that it's an
all-against-three situtation I'm in with my opinions..
Fix'd and x2 O: Im with you!
Fix'd X2...

Oh yeah, now i know what gave me this "empty" feeling these days, i gotta check that Video out..... :amv:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”