Efflorescent Dawn & Timeless (AWA Pro/Expo Entries)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Moonlight Soldier
girl with bells
Org Profile

Post by Moonlight Soldier » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:44 am

Yay~! I've been waiting for you to release ED since I saw it at AWA. It's definately my favourite of yours. I see what Crackerz means about 'predictable' scene selection....but it works for me. I don't find it boring to watch even if I can anticipate what's coming up. I think they work well within the song's context :3

I'll check out Timeless later ^o^

Chiikaboom
memes
Org Profile

Post by Chiikaboom » Thu Oct 18, 2007 12:05 pm

I was too lazy to comment yesterday so ill do it while im at school ;O

Anyways, excellent job on both vids <3 wish i coulda been at AWA to see it. Awsm job with the masking!

5 stars
Image ImageImage

guy07
Org Profile

Post by guy07 » Thu Oct 18, 2007 1:24 pm

Woah, i was blown away. Esflora-whats-a-ma-called-it was amazing, this is going on my top 10 :up:You'd better bet yer ass your getting a op. I'm amazed at how much better you've gotten. :shock:

I might be pulling a trio release later on, So enjoy the DP while it lasts, cuz every one knows it's better with 3.

Btw, in case you didn't get it dp stands for double penetration ... urban dictionary it>.>
I though it was clever :p

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:03 pm

aesling
Mad Scientist
Org Profile

Post by aesling » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:15 pm

I liked these both so well that I'm going to give you an Aperture Science Enrichment Center Weighted Companion Cube. Please don't euthanize it.

:ying:

Lockstock
Squirrel Boy
Org Profile

Post by Lockstock » Fri Oct 19, 2007 7:47 am

Efflorescent Dawn was freaking win and some. I loved it.

Timeless was kinda slow and lost my attention. It was a good video just not my thing.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Fri Oct 19, 2007 9:29 am

Hm, Efflorescent Dawn somehow reminded me alot of how Sierra Lorna edites and merges multianime like In My Mind for example which is a very good thing. I really liked the video due to good basic editing and sceneselection as well as beautieful flow altogether. The music might not be my taste but it fit perfectly. The only weakpoint were the effects at the beginning and some lateron but nothing that irritates me to much, since there were also some quite nice ones like the masks in front of the gray pale background. All in all definately a keeper. Good Job :)

AphexTwin
Org Profile

Post by AphexTwin » Fri Oct 19, 2007 10:24 am

Efflorescent : Not my favorite type of AMV/Music/Editing combo but it was well-done and I still enjoyed it.
Good Job.

Aerialesque
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Aerialesque » Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:54 pm

Reigna wrote:Mmmmmmmm yummy.

You know I <3 these vids (for oh so many reasons), and it's really cool to see you branching out from your usual type of vid with Efflorescent Dawn. Definitely impressive work considering it was your first foray into the world of AE. Good times all around, and it was surprising to see this not bringing anything home from AWA. >> With Timeless, it's like the epitome of your style, and it's awesome that way. Simple and sweet awwwwwww. It even has oranges. XD Awesome work, Dusti. :)

Talk about growth as an editor. Most Improved much? :O
Thanks, beish. That really means a lot to me. <3
Batto! wrote:hawt hawt hawt
jade_eyed_angel wrote:O: hawtness =]
\o/
Mamo! wrote:Yeeaah \o/

I enjoyed both vids. Efflorescent Dawn was the hawtness, I've been looping the beta for awhile, @@ now I can just loop the finished version. xD Timeless was soo sweet, yay for romancies. But seriously, awesome job on both, Dani :up:

Acen timez now plz? :cry:
Glad you enjoyed them so much, Josh. XD I wish it was ACen timez now. ;_;
*inverse* wrote:It's about time :o

You should know how much I already love Efflorescent Dawn, and Timeless is so pretty! You're seriously getting so much better with each video you do - "most improved" for sure :wink:
Aw, thanks, Shell!
OropherZero wrote:Timeless was well editted but I didn't really like the song so it was hard for me to get into it. Efflorescent Dawn was awesome all around =)
For some reason, I had a feeling that some people wouldn't like that Venus Hum song so much. Thanks for the watching, and I'm glad you enjoyed Efflorescent Dawn. XD
ScorpionP wrote:I loved Efflorescent Dawn, it was so full of emotion, just like your other videos, but it had a lot more cheerful tone. And it easily stands out from your previous work, which is probably why this is my favourite video of your's now. Might as well op it once I have more free time...

Timeless was also good and very cute, but not as the first one :wink:
Thanks so much for the comments and the opinion. ;)
ZephyrStar wrote:The first video I really liked a lot. Great timing and mixture of characters, and I really like your comp in the beginning and the end with the video tiles. Good job. As for the song, I was really digging it till the guy started to sing, but that's my problem I guess :)

The second vid not so much...I guess I may have had to have seen the show to identify with it, but technically very solid. Now I'm interested in that show :O

All around, great job, good stuffs.
I can see where you're coming from not liking the guy's voice...I didn't like it much at first, either, but for some reason it just grew on me. :P Glad you liked the AE work at the beginning and end, that's something I focused on a lot and spent quite a bit of time on. And you should watch Hanbun no Tsuki, it's a good series. ;) Thanks for the feedback!
omegaevolution wrote::o

ok I really liked ED, very enjoyable flow and editing overall. ZOMG a romance/sentimental vid that I enjoyed? :shock: . Well I guess the song helped in that XD. I liked the work with the effects you did at the begining and ending of the AMV, very well executed. Overall me aproves :up:

4.5/5

Timeless: Well first the song was a turn down for me, especially the begining of the song :(. Editing was nice all around, but this one felt like the average romance/sentimental AMV. Still good work on this one as well :), the story was cute.

3/5

very solid work Danielle :D
Yay, thanks for the comments, Omega. Glad you liked ED. :) It seems that there's quite a few people that don't like the song I used for Timeless so much, so you're not alone on that one.

CrackTheSky wrote:stuf
First off, thanks for the honesty, Ben. It's always appreciated. ;) I agree with a lot of the stuff you're pointing out (I'm never going to hear the end of it on that sunburst scene..), but I'm kind of disappointed to hear some of the things you said regarding ED. It bugs me that you found it to be rather 'hollow,' mainly because that means I didn't accomplish want I wanted to do at all. I'm sad you couldn't connect with it, because I really wanted this video to be something the viewer can empathize with.

As for Timeless, I'm not surprised that you started getting bored during the first half or so. There isn't much progression in the story during that part, and I was worried that people might start losing interest. The song is really slow, as it is. ;p Having a happy ending was something that I knew I was going to do from the beginning, considering the fact that I've done the tragic ending many times before, and because I thought a tragic one would be pretty predictable and cliche. I'm interested in hearing more of what you have to say on that matter. :o

But yeah, anyway, thanks so much for the feedback, and (I know I say this pretty much every time) I hope I can make something more impressive to you next time. ;D
Nessephanie wrote:You already know that I luffles the Efflorescent Dawn <3<3

I'll watch the other at a later time, I plan to make a Hantsuki vid myself, so I dun wanna watch yours yet :3
Yaaay. I'm glad you like it so much, and thanks for the AWA guest award thingy. <333 I can't wait to see a Hansuki video from you. :)
Koopiskeva wrote:erectile dysfunction? |:

Good times.
I knew that was coming... :o
Unlimited Rice wrote:Efflorescent Dawn was nifty, I totally dug it on the pro DVDs. :up:
Thanks! Glad you like it. XD
vinylvengeance wrote:I enjoyed them both, but really think the Timeless video was the better one.
Thanks for the reply!
Fall_Child42 wrote:[insert cracker avatar]
I wish there was a sun burst when I climaxed.

:OHNOHEDI-IN:
:o
Pas1990 wrote:Efflorescent Dawn:

I'll tell you right off, this was a 5/5 for me. I honestly loved this AMV, well and truly. Perhaps it's the song choice, but you really kept a good flow throughout the AMV, with the only real letdown being (as crackthesky mentioned) that you used the sunburst scene for the climax, which, when I saw it coming up I was thinking "oh god no, please no"

Anyway, this is probably one of the few AMVs that I downloaded recently that I will now play on repeat for the next 6 hours.

Toodlehoo.
Wow, I'm happy that you enjoyed it so much. Thanks for the feedback and opinion (I'll be replying to that soon)!
Moonlight Soldier wrote:Yay~! I've been waiting for you to release ED since I saw it at AWA. It's definately my favourite of yours. I see what Crackerz means about 'predictable' scene selection....but it works for me. I don't find it boring to watch even if I can anticipate what's coming up. I think they work well within the song's context :3

I'll check out Timeless later ^o^
Sankyuu, Mewnie. I'm not sure I would change the majority of the scenes I used, so I'm glad you thought they worked. :3
Chiikaboom wrote:I was too lazy to comment yesterday so ill do it while im at school ;O

Anyways, excellent job on both vids <3 wish i coulda been at AWA to see it. Awsm job with the masking!

5 stars
I wish you could have been at AWA, too. Next year? Oh, and drag your sister along, too. :o Thanks for the comments, I'm glad you like the videos!
guy07 wrote:Woah, i was blown away. Esflora-whats-a-ma-called-it was amazing, this is going on my top 10 :up:You'd better bet yer ass your getting a op. I'm amazed at how much better you've gotten. :shock:
Haha, thanks. Glad you enjoyed it, and thanks for the op!
Radical_Yue wrote:Image
Fun timez. :o
aesling wrote:I liked these both so well that I'm going to give you an Aperture Science Enrichment Center Weighted Companion Cube. Please don't euthanize it.
Mmm, thanks? haha XD
Lockstock wrote:Efflorescent Dawn was freaking win and some. I loved it.

Timeless was kinda slow and lost my attention. It was a good video just not my thing.
I had a feeling that people were going to get bored with Timeless because of the really slow pace. Thanks a bunch for the feedback, good to hear you liked ED. ;D
Warheart wrote:Hm, Efflorescent Dawn somehow reminded me alot of how Sierra Lorna edites and merges multianime like In My Mind for example which is a very good thing. I really liked the video due to good basic editing and sceneselection as well as beautieful flow altogether. The music might not be my taste but it fit perfectly. The only weakpoint were the effects at the beginning and some lateron but nothing that irritates me to much, since there were also some quite nice ones like the masks in front of the gray pale background. All in all definately a keeper. Good Job :)
It's interesting that you mention Sierra, because it's not the first time I've heard something along those lines regarding this video. Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it!
AphexTwin wrote:Efflorescent : Not my favorite type of AMV/Music/Editing combo but it was well-done and I still enjoyed it.
Good Job.
Awsm, thanks for the comments. :)

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:46 pm

I absolutely loved the Efflorescent Dawn video :up:

4.5/5

Timeless was nice to had great flow and I always love to see more Hanbun no Tsuki ga Noboru Sora :up:

4/5

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”