AWA Pro Entry: d!gital me

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
omegaevolution
Org Profile

Post by omegaevolution » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:06 pm

mmmm where to start?

errr this AMV was seriously made to watch one time, at least for me. I did jump in a few parts where you went black and then suddenly an scene with a high noise apeared, I think they were 3.... yeah at least my head hitted the lamp 3 times lol. Your synching with the noises is astonishing, you know I really enjoy editing synch over anything and you did amazingly, ":up:" for that. Now as I said I'm not so into horror vids, I guess its because if you watch them one time you know what to expect the second time, like those suspense movies. The live action, sometimes fitted, sometimes anoyed me to be honest. I totally agree with Kev about the not so much dark atmostphere in the whole AMV, but I guess that gave it a bit of contrast? O.o.

I <3 your credits :up: :up: :up:

4/5, and once again congrats.
ImageImage

Greggus1
Org Profile

Post by Greggus1 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:12 pm

omegaevolution wrote:I totally agree with Kev about the not so much dark atmostphere in the whole AMV, but I guess that gave it a bit of contrast?
Yeah, the contrast was astonishingly creepy, to me.

Alex Daikou
Org Profile

Post by Alex Daikou » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:22 pm

753df o_O u stole my monitor O:
grats with ur awards -.-

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:55 pm

Wow :shock: Ok, let's just start from the beginning.
SenshiMamoru wrote:Edit: This video made me jump a few times. xD
It was very creepy, and I loved it. I haven't seen an awesome horror video in awhile. Very very cool stuff indeed :up:
Thanks Josh! If it made you jump, then I did something right :P Glad you enjoyed it, it means a lot to me.

Love,
me.
Janzki wrote:This was very clever. Definitely deserved the awards.
Heh, thanks Janzki :D
N0OB wrote:*thumbs up* Freaky stuff...I take it you did those shots yourself of the live action stuff? I've never actually seen Lain....very clever if you did though, made it a bit more freaky and well...REAL to watch which was interesting, I don't think its something done really in AMV's (as far as I know), but it added something to this that wouldn't have been there otherwise. Great creativity, solid 5/5. Felt like I was watching that tape from the ring at times...great atmosphere.
Hey, thanks! Yeah, the live action was all self-shot (I used my sister as the actress :P). I know it has been done before, but it's not something that's done very frequently, and usually live action/anime videos take live action from more professional sources like movies. As for The Ring comment...I've gotten that more than a few times ;) Thanks for watching!
Niwa-kun wrote: EDIT: Definetly deserved the award :up: The music just made the whole atmosphere having this weird feeling and the sudden noises was creepy. I wished tho u could have darker footages through the video. Anyways excellent horror vid crackerz =) (FTW on that rokujinshou at the end XD bet greg is having a orgazm right now)
Thanks for the comments! I'm glad you liked it.
anubisx00 wrote:Post it notes FTW ^_^! Good job, it freaked me out, especially at 2am in the morning :shock:. :up:
Most excellent o:
Kaxi wrote:This video was sick! :D But good nevertheless. :up:
Good work Sky and congrats on winning the awards!
Thanks for watching and for the congratulations, Kaxi!
Moonlight Soldier wrote:HAWT! Best Lain video evar.
MiyaDV wrote:OMG best Lain video ever!!
Decoy wrote:I think yours has taken the position of best Lain horror vid, for me at least.
I think you guys are giving me WAYY too much credit, Maboroshi's is way better than this and I can think of several others that I like better too, but thanks nonetheless, that makes me really happy :D
Dark-Krystal wrote: Excellent Lain Video. It's been a long time I haven't seen a good video on this anime. Nice atmosphere, Nice editing, Nice work.

Congrats for your AWA award
Thanks DK! Brad and Jay showed Dirge at their panel...the audience liked it :up:
Angelic86 wrote:OMG, freaky. Awesome atmosphere, you really deserved winning the award.

The outro made me laugh, somehow XD Very creative...
Heh, thanks a bunch! I actually don't really like the outro :P
Kevmasterflashdeluxe wrote: Anyways, felt like some parts should have been darker, seemed a little to colorfull for the atomosphere of the song imo (and for the fact that it was horror...).
I can see where you're coming from, there is quite a bit of color in the video. Thanks for watching and commenting anyway!
yumi+chan wrote:I'm always wondering where you can find such strange songs lol oO

Anyways I liked the video, I especially liked the mixing of the Anime and the real footage (well I haven't watched Lain yet, so I'm just guessing that this doesn't belong to the Anime...). Good work ^^
Nope, it doesn't, I shot the live action stuff myself. Thank you for watching!
DaCoolGohan wrote:I never liked this video. It insisted upon itself and seemed like it was trying to be more than what it was. It was also cool that the first time I saw it nothing was timed right because the encode was fucked on the Pro DVDs. 2/5
Yeah, I was pissed when I saw the messed-up encode, but they fixed it so whatever.
`Eclipse wrote:I think the effect was lost on me due to the fact I was watching it at 6:30 in the morning, lights on (kitchen Sad), and my right speaker kept going in and out of existence...
But I really loved it. Your editing is top-notch here, love the effects and the live-action stuff was incorporated effectively. I'm not really a big fan of this style of music, but you made it work, and it worked well. Oh, and props for great audio editing, I think I caught all those little things you did to it ^^

You definitely deserved your AWA Pro awards. Awesome video. Instant motherfucking win
Thanks Eclipse :D Yeah, this video is definitely more effective in the correct setting, but I'm glad you were still able to scrounge some enjoyment out of it ;) Thanks for watching and commenting!
Meteor Dragon wrote:That was fun. Wasn't kreepy to me....that last scene you put in kinda caught me off guard though :shock: . Great edit.
Last scene curtousey of Minion. Thanks for watching!
Falconone wrote:creepy and strange.
But great work i like it really.
crazy song where do you found such songs?
The "song" is actually just a bunch of distortion between tracks on my Finch CD. There's an actual song before it but this fit better :P
AphexTwin wrote:Not enough weird and disturbing. Concept could have been pushed further.
But still an interesting and well-edited clip.
Good job.
Thanks! It's actually probably more weird/disturbing if you HAVEN'T seen Lain, but who am I to say? :P
Fall_Child42 wrote:I really liked this video, and was quite surprised it was yours.

It was done very well

Congrats again on the award Emoben.
Thanks! That's cool to hear since most videos I make are the kinds you probably don't like :P
Narutobattousai wrote:aye, nothing says emo more than ben's videos.
Yep, and nothing says "I'm a huge flaming fag pie" like "Narutobattousai".

Just kididng man, I love ya.
Kael_ wrote:Very interesting work, I enjoyed the atmosphere. =)
But I will can't watch it often, music isn't really my cup of tea ^^'

Very good work, 4.5/5 :up:
Thank you! I agree that this video probably doesn't have much replay value just because of the audio source, but I'm glad you were able to enjoy it once ;)
Decoy wrote:Sup Ben,

I was mesmerized when I saw this at the con. Fucking good job, dude. Really enjoyed it. The vid reminded me a lot of an old Maboroshi-lain vid I saw a few years back, I think yours has taken the position of best Lain horror vid, for me at least.

Cheers.
That really means a lot to me, coming from someone like you who I've looked up to for a long time. Thanks for watching and commenting Ryno!
Kitsuner wrote:I'm vaguely curious what the actual song sounds like.
Emo-ish. I'm not kidding.
servo101010 wrote:Stuff.
Thanks for the awesome feedback. I'll just save space here and reply to your op later, since you say pretty much the same thing ;)
Minion wrote:a couple of technical flaws, but i like how it turned out Thumbs up
congrats on the AWA win
Thanks, and extra thanks for beta-testing because the things you suggested all improved the video quite a bit in my opinion :up:
devilmaykickass wrote:That was awesome, and genuinely creepy.

The credits were also very innovative. <3

Great stuff.
Thanks! And thanks for the devilmaykickass op Image
Arishinome wrote:That was fucking win man! I loved it. Really cool how you used actual filmed scenes in it.

Beleive you've just made it up on my favorite editors list :O

5/5, I'll throw this an op later
Wow, thanks a bunch! Glad you enjoyed this :D
aerialesque wrote:Look, it's your sister. :o

Awesome job, Crackerz, and congrats again on your awards. You totally deserved them. \o/
Thanks Danielle! That means a lot to me, I'm glad you approve.
UnlimitedRice wrote:Gee, thanks. Both my friend and I jumped behind you when it was showing.
Hahahahaha, awesome :up: Exactly what I was going for.
ZephyrStar wrote:Yeah, this was hawt, and I was also suprised by it. Goodjorb, congrats on yer winnings :O
Thanks Chris! Release that Lucky Star video now plz kthx.
blaku92 wrote:yeah... the song actually made my ear start ringing and I couldn't tell if it was the audio or my ear. I watched it again just to be sure. Shifty eyes This was pretty cool though
Hehe, thanks for watching. It wasn't your ears :P
Greggus1 wrote:Stuff.
I honestly did not expect you to like this video that much. This was very surprising to read, but it made me really happy so it's all good. I'm actually especially surprised that you say this video has near infinite replayability, since with audio like this I'd expect pretty much exactly the opposite. Thanks a lot for watching and commenting, I always appreciate your thoughts :D
vinylvengeance wrote:Nice job! Congrats on the win.
Not really my cup of tea, but I can appreciate it. It was done well and the artistic style was good. The use of live action footage fit very well too. Never been a fan of horror anything though. Never was a huge fan of Lain either. So, just so you know where i'm coming from. :?
Don't worry man, I completely understand. I don't think the unfamiliarity with the source is bad, but not being a fan of horror might make this a difficult video to really like, so it's no big deal. Thanks for watching and commenting!
omegaevolution wrote:errr this AMV was seriously made to watch one time, at least for me. I did jump in a few parts where you went black and then suddenly an scene with a high noise apeared, I think they were 3.... yeah at least my head hitted the lamp 3 times lol. Your synching with the noises is astonishing, you know I really enjoy editing synch over anything and you did amazingly, "Thumbs up" for that. Now as I said I'm not so into horror vids, I guess its because if you watch them one time you know what to expect the second time, like those suspense movies.
Haha omega, I agree almost completely with what you have to say. I can totally understand this video getting less interesting each time you watch it, because it's not scary anymore and it's predictable, so no worries. Thanks for watching and commenting!
Alex Daikou wrote:753df o_O u stole my monitor O:
grats with ur awards -.-
Thanks! But I don't understand what you mean about the 753df thing?

Funky-kun
Org Profile

Post by Funky-kun » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:13 pm

This is one of the few vids lately I would gladly give a 10 on originality. Pwnsome atmosphere. Sync was tight. Live-action was... dunno, strange. It deffinately worked for the vid and helped the atmosphere. Also the end was great. But the bestest thing was the credits, lol.

4.5/5

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:18 pm

One of my favourites from pro. Great job, best (and maybe only) real horror video I have seen since a long while.

Alex Daikou
Org Profile

Post by Alex Daikou » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:20 pm

Thanks! But I don't understand what you mean about the 753df thing?
753df is the thing, that u stole from me :D

Ghet
Org Profile

Post by Ghet » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:44 pm

i find this vid has lare amounts of FUCK YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*downloads for great justice*

Bauzi
Location: Austria (uhm the other country without kangaroos^^)
Org Profile

Post by Bauzi » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:06 pm

lol
If I remeber right you said that you can´t really say what my music taste is like, or something similar and now you come along with this song? This damn untypical Ben-song?

Impresses me. Seriously.

This was pure win. Sometimes I think that there could be some other stuff than simpel fade out flicker, but oh... well. This amv impressed me a lot because of the damn good use of live action. Was this your gf in your vid? Pretty cute eh :3

I have to give JCD right that this is one of the rare true horror stuff amvs out there. Not like my stuff *cough* To be honest if think that this year´s horror VCA goes to you or Paul Kievits.

4.9/5 what else? I guess you deserved your award.
You can find me on YT under "Bauzi514". Subscribe to never miss my AMV releases. :amv:

CrackTheSky
has trust issues
Org Profile

Post by CrackTheSky » Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:18 pm

Sorry, I would wait a little longer before responding to more people, but this seriously made me lol:
Bauzi wrote:Was this your gf in your vid? Pretty cute eh :3
No, that's my sister, she's 15 years old, and that's illegal in this country my friend ;)
Funky-kun wrote:This is one of the few vids lately I would gladly give a 10 on originality. Pwnsome atmosphere. Sync was tight. Live-action was... dunno, strange. It deffinately worked for the vid and helped the atmosphere. Also the end was great. But the bestest thing was the credits, lol.

4.5/5
Thanks! I don't know why so many people like the credits, I think they're kinda dumb :/
JCD wrote:One of my favourites from pro. Great job, best (and maybe only) real horror video I have seen since a long while.
Heh, thanks JCD! I'm curious, who did you think edited this video before you knew it was me? In the Pro disc discussion thread you said you thought this was by someone else, I'm wondering who that could be...
Ghet wrote:i find this vid has lare amounts of FUCK YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*downloads for great justice*
Thanks Ghet! Glad you enjoyed the video at AWA!
Bauzi wrote: This was pure win. Sometimes I think that there could be some other stuff than simpel fade out flicker, but oh... well. This amv impressed me a lot because of the damn good use of live action. Was this your gf in your vid? Pretty cute eh :3

I have to give JCD right that this is one of the rare true horror stuff amvs out there. Not like my stuff *cough* To be honest if think that this year´s horror VCA goes to you or Paul Kievits.
Haha, I knew you were eager to see this, but I didn't expect you to like it so much :P I too think I could have done something a little different with the fades/flickers, but I'm happy you enjoyed it anyway. Thanks for the comments!

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”