MY FIRST AMV!!!!!!!!

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
blackmailtheworld
Org Profile

MY FIRST AMV!!!!!!!!

Post by blackmailtheworld » Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:59 pm

Hi everyone im new here and i just made my first amv
here it is hope you like it (it includes a shorter mini amv during credits, its ok, i did that one really quickly for fun)

OK WHEN EVER I GET TO THE LINK SECTION OF PUTTING UP MY AMV, IT ALWAYS SAYS THE MUSIC AND ANIM IS NT DONE EVE OUG I DD TEM CCKED ADD AND CLICKED THE BOX :s HELP

and ive been having some trouble downloading episodes of naruto that can be put into movie make. anyone have some links to help? for this one i downloaded them as avi then converted to mpeg but it took a while to do that.
Last edited by blackmailtheworld on Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

staces
Org Profile

Post by staces » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:23 am

You can't link to the site of ewe-tooooooooobe (you know how it's really spelled) around here on the forums. If you have an AMV that's appropriate (and if it's made out of Naruto I don't see why it wouldn't be) then upload locally.

As for downloaded footage, it's not allowed to be discussed in the forums, especially in regards to liscenced shows (such as Naruto). It's very much frowned upon to use non-DVD sources around here when preventable. So you're not going to find any help on that front.

A lot of people here join sites like NetFlix (or however it's spelled) so that they can get the DVD sources that they need without shelling out all the money for all the DVDs. So that might be your best bet in regards to footage.
ImageImage

blackmailtheworld
Org Profile

Post by blackmailtheworld » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:31 am

well naruto dvds are simply not an option for me since i live in north america and here i think they havent gotten farther than the fight with naruto and gaara which is like....maybe 300 episodes back or so and the early episode fights arent very interesting.

ill stickto utube this is too complicated

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Sat Jul 14, 2007 12:40 am

blackmailtheworld wrote:well naruto dvds are simply not an option for me since i live in north america and here i think they havent gotten farther than the fight with naruto and gaara which is like....maybe 300 episodes back or so and the early episode fights arent very interesting.

ill stickto utube this is too complicated
It seems too complicated at first, but why settle for adequate when you can become phenomenal here? All it takes is the effort...if you're serious about AMV's and want to learn, this is the place to be. Don't be afraid to ask for help if you need it, this is a community. We're all here to help each other.

staces
Org Profile

Post by staces » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:09 am

I'm in North America too man, I think a lot of people here are, and many of my favorite animes aren't liscenced or weren't liscenced for at least a year after I'd gotten into them. So more often than not I buy imported DVDs. I'm sure that Naruto is available for import or something. =)
ImageImage

staces
Org Profile

Post by staces » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:14 am

staces wrote:I'm in North America too man, I think a lot of people here are, and many of my favorite animes aren't liscenced or weren't liscenced for at least a year after I'd gotten into them. So more often than not I buy imported DVDs. I'm sure that Naruto is available for import or something. =)
Okay, I just looked for you and [MOD99: Link removed. Please read the org <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=289">Forum Rules</a>.] has all of Naruto (and it's movies) available on imported DVD. =) Simple.
ImageImage

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:01 am

staces wrote:
staces wrote:I'm in North America too man, I think a lot of people here are, and many of my favorite animes aren't liscenced or weren't liscenced for at least a year after I'd gotten into them. So more often than not I buy imported DVDs. I'm sure that Naruto is available for import or something. =)
Okay, I just looked for you and has all of Naruto (and it's movies) available on <b>bootlegged</b> DVD. =) Simple.
Fixed.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

staces
Org Profile

Post by staces » Sat Jul 14, 2007 1:15 pm

Scintilla wrote:
staces wrote:
Okay, I just looked for you and has all of Naruto (and it's movies) available on <b>bootlegged</b> DVD. =) Simple.
Fixed.
Eh, oh well. I'd rather have a Hong Kong import as a source than a fansub. At least you can turn off the subtitles.

Hong Kong imports can't be all that illegal, they sell them used at Wherehouse Music/F.Y.E stores. =)
ImageImage

kickass331
Org Profile

Post by kickass331 » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:05 pm

staces wrote:
Scintilla wrote:
staces wrote:
Fixed.
Eh, oh well. I'd rather have a Hong Kong import as a source than a fansub. At least you can turn off the subtitles.

Hong Kong imports can't be all that illegal, they sell them used at Wherehouse Music/F.Y.E stores. =)
Hong Kong is bad for business, very bad, very bad rolex... DO NOT BUY ROLEX 0_0
ImageImageImageImageImage

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Sat Jul 14, 2007 7:14 pm

you could try adding the music to your listing O.o - thats why it wont let you upload O.o did you follow ALL of the instructions on this page?

and as for using downloaded footage the best option is not to... comes with subtitles and the codecs will leave particles and other distortions in your video...

also i have heard that bootlegs or "hong kong" imports help support really bad crime syndicates so i wouldnt recommend them on a moral ground (even though they come neatly wrapped in a nice little package, and faster than the legal licensed DVDs)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”