AX 2007 Semifinalist - Once Abandoned (Tales of Phantasia)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Erinn
Org Profile

AX 2007 Semifinalist - Once Abandoned (Tales of Phantasia)

Post by Erinn » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:04 pm

Anime: Tales of Phantasia: The Animation
Song: Suffocate
Aritst: Finger Eleven
Link: In sig

Anime expo 2007 Semi-finalist for Action/Adventure category. (I personally think it was bad.. But James told me it was a good solid action video)

omegaevolution
Org Profile

Post by omegaevolution » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:40 pm

*cough* its better this way 8-)

anyway I will download it since its ToP :D , will comment later
ImageImage

Erinn
Org Profile

Post by Erinn » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:00 pm

omegaevolution wrote:*cough* its better this way 8-)

anyway I will download it since its ToP :D , will comment later
lol Thanks, @_@ I'm not used to annoucing AMVs.

omegaevolution
Org Profile

Post by omegaevolution » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:20 pm

you are welcome :D

anyway first compress your audio :), you will save some mb with that (go to the org guides to know how to do it). Second this AMV was pretty well made, best ToP OVA AMV I have seen so far, the synch was pretty cool, but there were times you were a bit off, the masks were... not so nice, don't take me wrong they worked well, the beggining ones looked a bit random but worked and well the later ones were just ugly (2:12-2:22), you saved them in .gif? if so then I suggest you stop using .gif and start using .png ;) (at least they will look a little better lol).

Overall I really enjoyed the AMV :D :up:

4/5
ImageImage

Erinn
Org Profile

Post by Erinn » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:22 pm

omegaevolution wrote:you are welcome :D

anyway first compress your audio :), you will save some mb with that (go to the org guides to know how to do it). Second this AMV was pretty well made, best ToP OVA AMV I have seen so far, the synch was pretty cool, but there were times you were a bit off, the masks were... not so nice, don't take me wrong they worked well, the beggining ones looked a bit random but worked and well the later ones were just ugly (2:12-2:22), you saved them in .gif? if so then I suggest you stop using .gif and start using .png ;) (at least they will look a little better lol).

Overall I really enjoyed the AMV :D :up:

4/5

Thanks ^^ it was my first time using photoshop (didnt have much of an idea what I was doing) Hmm I believed I did save them in .png....but I guess I got a little lazy with erasing the background...I see you made a Tales one too! *goes to download* :)

Flame-X
Org Profile

Post by Flame-X » Tue Jul 03, 2007 2:31 pm

i agree on the masking, it needs some cleaning.
the black flashes around 1:26 - 1:30 is pointless sync.

anyways, its not bad. :wink:

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:45 pm

the video got me interested into checking out the anime

masking needs some work :/

3.8/5

pretty good

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”