Crest of the Stars - You Are My Love

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
shrink_laureate
Org Profile

Crest of the Stars - You Are My Love

Post by shrink_laureate » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:30 am

(The anime isn't actually various - it just uses all three available series of Crest of the Stars and Banner of the Stars)

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:48 pm

Meh. I'll check it out.

EDIT:

This wasn't bad at all. :shock: In fact, for a romance vid, this was pretty dang good. :shock: Video quality was nice, editing to a soft and sweet song was good, lotsa opacity layers... I would work on lip flap a little. Overall, this was a pretty darn good romance video.

3.75/5

Reigna
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Reigna » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:19 pm

Nice work overall, shrink_laureate, it was a solid romance vid. The only real issue I had with the video was that sometimes there were so many overlays, or their opacity was just high enough, that it made it confusing which layer should be focused on. It made things seem kind of hectic, and took away from the slow nature of the amv. Might want to watch out for all that lip flap too. Other than that, :up:

Oh and those scenes at 1:49 - 1:52 are awsm. Even though it's kind of hard to tell what's exactly going on because of the opacities, the idea is really neat. Having Ramaj overlaid with Lafiel is just win. That's also me being a Seikai fan though. >>
Casting white shadows.

shrink_laureate
Org Profile

Post by shrink_laureate » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:23 pm

Lip flap was indeed a pain in this one. You should have seen how much lip flap there was before I spent so long removing it. The lip flap in the panning background of "in your eyes..." is one I tried to fix and just kept making worse. Very talkative series. But I do love it.

I can't claim it's the deepest video ever made. I was basically going for mood rather than story, so while the heavy overlays obscured things slightly it was essential to keep up the pace of them. I made the mistake in my first ever AMV of doing a slow video to a very slow song, and the result was just boring.

post-it
Org Profile

Post by post-it » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:30 pm

.. try to avoid re-using scenes -- its like hearing someone saying, "ya-know, always, know-what-I-mean" soo many times that you forget what the subject was; being spoken! In AMV's it is quite distracting!

3.5/5

Coffee 54
Org Profile

Post by Coffee 54 » Sun Jul 01, 2007 7:25 pm

Hey cool, it's out. Nice work, thumbs up from me.

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:02 am

Heh. Looks like the usual suspects have shown themselves, except for me.

I have to echo some of the above sentiments. This is a beautiful atmospheric piece.

The overlays are interesting. On the one hand, they did get overly busy at times. On the other hand, they set much of the mood and work quite well with the 'memories' thing going on for much of the video.

All of that said, it kind of feels like a nostalgic regurgitation of Crest and Banner into two and a half minutes. As a standalone video, it rings a little hollow. For someone intimately familiar with the series (as Reigna, Coffee 54, and myself are), all the scenes are quite familiar and we know what's going on. For someone else, I expect it would be a confused jumble of scenes that make no sense whatsoever, except for the depressing kicker at the end.

So... 3/5. Good technically and excellent mood, but otherwise somewhat confusing.

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:30 pm

thats a lot of overlays there @_@
but very sweet i bet i would like it more if i knew the series though

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”