Princess Tutu - Beyond

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
*inverse*
Org Profile

Princess Tutu - Beyond

Post by *inverse* » Fri May 18, 2007 2:35 am

"Once upon a time, in a land far, far away..."

The idea here was to make this flow like a story, or a fairytale - similar to the style of the anime series. It was fun - I haven't done a 'full-length' video since last year, and I got to play around in a new program too.

Enjoy?

Aerialesque
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Aerialesque » Fri May 18, 2007 2:36 am

griffons! :o

Really awesome video. :up: It accomplishes exactly what you tried to do, and I don't think you could have pulled it off better. The whole video has a dreamy, definitely 'fairytale-like' feel to it, and the song fits so incredibly well. I love the text at the beginning and the end...which is saying a lot, because I'm prone to hate text in videos. Awesome job, Shell, I love this video. :3
Last edited by Aerialesque on Fri May 18, 2007 7:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Reigna
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Reigna » Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 am

Seriously awesome video, Shell. The vid pulls the fairytale concept off really well, and it's great seeing you trying out different stuff with your editing too. That part from 1:16-1:21 looks so shmexy (even though that bird thing is nasty) and I love the shift in pacing at 2:21. This is definitely one of your best, if not the best, videos. Oh, and of course, nice job with all those GRIFFONS. :o
Last edited by Reigna on Fri May 18, 2007 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Casting white shadows.

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Fri May 18, 2007 2:37 am

You've started using MP4s too? -_-

:cry:

Not going to check it out. >_>
Last edited by Cornwiggle on Fri May 18, 2007 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Radical_Yue
Org Profile

Post by Radical_Yue » Fri May 18, 2007 2:50 am

I claimed your op virginity...that is all I need...

Ingow
Org Profile

Re: Princess Tutu - Beyond

Post by Ingow » Fri May 18, 2007 6:14 am

*inverse* wrote:The idea here was to make this flow like a story, or a fairytale - similar to the style of the anime series.
Yeah that's definately how it turned out in the end :up:

The color compositions + the scene selection combined with the subtle effects made it look like nothing was edited at all so that the whole thing is just like this the way it was supposed to be. IMO you couldn't have found a better song to go along with that concept of yours as well because it really flows lovely to the whole animation style of that anime (which I still can't believe has all that kind of dramatic pictures after watching the first episode like years ago).

anyways 5/5, good stuff :>

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Fri May 18, 2007 6:18 am

O:

*inverse* + tutu = win

im sure im right... /me gets

/me is jealous and love it
Last edited by JaddziaDax on Fri May 18, 2007 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nasti
Org Profile

Post by Nasti » Fri May 18, 2007 7:37 am

Simply beautiful....5/5

WC Annihilus
Org Profile

Post by WC Annihilus » Fri May 18, 2007 7:40 am

Beautiful combination, very nice job :D

CodeZTM
Spin Me Round
Org Profile

Post by CodeZTM » Fri May 18, 2007 9:52 am

Wow. I don't know what it is about this anime, but I always feel artsy-fartsy after watching an AMV using it. So, in other words, I shall now flock away and create a work of art!

Oh, and the AMV was good too.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”