the lives of vash and nick

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
niji tsuki
Org Profile

Post by niji tsuki » Tue May 01, 2007 1:33 pm

Macromedia Flash 8

Cornwiggle
Org Profile

Post by Cornwiggle » Tue May 01, 2007 1:33 pm

niji tsuki wrote:Macromedia Flash 8
So much for staying gone forever. :roll:

niji tsuki
Org Profile

Post by niji tsuki » Tue May 01, 2007 1:34 pm

that was me wong computer

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Tue May 01, 2007 1:35 pm

Cornwiggle wrote:
niji tsuki wrote:Macromedia Flash 8
So much for staying gone forever. :roll:
well you know that they are sisters right?

princess myu
Org Profile

Post by princess myu » Tue May 01, 2007 1:35 pm

i was using the computer in our den

princess myu
Org Profile

Post by princess myu » Tue May 01, 2007 1:37 pm

see i told you it was me she can spell really good

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue May 01, 2007 1:43 pm

hmm, the video quality is pretty bad...and it appears to be interlaced.
the sync is pretty spotty, sometimes it would be synced...sometimes it wouldn't
The literal lyric interpretation started off really good, but it fell apart really quickly when you hear "caught in a landslide"
I felt like a really big opportunity was missed from :10 -:12, again at 1:19 -1:29 and building up to and at 2:36

Changing to purple and blue on the piano notes starting at :54 didn't really work out imo. I was hoping for maybe some flashback type stuff, or just something utilizing crossfades

blech...footage reuse at 1:52

right around 2:49, I was really hoping for some more dramatic footage. Something grandiose

3:23 to 3:32 was grossly underdeveloped, if you're going to set a faster pace like you did starting at about 3:00 you should keep it going

for the lip sync for the lyrics, "let me go...we will not let you go" and all the other stuff in that area, it feels like it's being screamed in the song...but the shots you used were mainly that of calm conversation. It seemed to be out of place

building up to 4:08 should have had a lot more action

4:34, again you started a fast pace but didn't follow through, there isn't much sync in the following section either

4:55 to the end was a farily good section, a few missed opportunities and had some sync issues.

suggestions for the future:
avisynth is your friend, it can be very useful. This could've taken care of the interlacing, video quality in general, and to prevent orphan frames if you took your clips in vdub.
Don't try to tell me that you can't get it because you're on dialup (if you are on dialup). It's possible, I've done it.

make your clips in virtualdub(/mod), this allows you to get down to the frame-by-frame level (which some editing programs don't let you do)

before you worry about crazy effects, overlays or lipsyncing you should make sure that you have established good basic sync. Having the cuts synced consistantly comes before image quality imo.

hydrax
Org Profile

Post by hydrax » Tue May 01, 2007 1:54 pm

Were you watching it for 2 months 1/2 after you rendered the video?

princess myu
Org Profile

Post by princess myu » Tue May 01, 2007 2:20 pm

i spent 2 1/2 months riping the dvds and burning the song in to my head so i knew what part i wanted to use

-Reda-
Org Profile

Post by -Reda- » Tue May 01, 2007 2:26 pm

hydrax wrote:Were you watching it for 2 months 1/2 after you rendered the video?
If thats the insult I think it is I applaud you. If I interpreted that wrong, I guess I'M the jerk :lol:

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”