Extreme Quality AMV from HY-Tech Productions

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Flea Of Terror
Org Profile

Extreme Quality AMV from HY-Tech Productions

Postby Flea Of Terror » Sat Dec 21, 2002 5:27 am

Ok, I am finally working on a new music video.
It's a part of my "Love" series, you may have seen my others, "Everlasting Love" and "Neverending Love".

Here's a bit from my website www.worldofruin.com

This video is called Unknown Love because I have yet to come up with a name for it, but it will be part of my series of "Love" theme videos for the Final Fantasy games. This is a 46 second clip of what the video is to be, I am mostly showing off the Quality of the video itself that the entire video will be in. There are a few Transitions problems and the audio is not perfect, but those will be fixed in the complete version.

704 x 480 DivX 23.3megs
Video can be found here
http://www.worldofruin.com/videos/unknownlove.avi

Basically, I just want to know what people think of the quality :D
I hope to keep the video under 150megs when complete.

Brolli411
Org Profile

Postby Brolli411 » Sat Dec 21, 2002 9:35 am

Wow that is extremely good quality. Though that little 45 second strip is almost 25 megs, the full version will be huge. (Unless the song is very short)
<A HREF="http://animemusicvideos.org/members/members_myprofile.php?user_id=3961">Member Profile</a>

"You just saved the entire world from a near-death destruction, how do you feel?"
"I'm going to Disney Land!"
"That's right, Disney Land, you heard it here first folks."

MPEG2Source("C:/<A HREF="http://animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/">Read ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a>")

Flea Of Terror
Org Profile

Postby Flea Of Terror » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:26 pm

Well, as I said. My ultimate goal is no more then 150megs in the end, and guess we'll see though.

Flea Of Terror
Org Profile

Postby Flea Of Terror » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:30 pm

Oh ya and I should mention, even in this short clip, SPOILER WARNING!
Video is from Final Fantasy X, and I do use footage from the Ending of the game.

xTrunkZx
Org Profile

Postby xTrunkZx » Sat Dec 21, 2002 12:36 pm

Well being that your encoding to that file size is pointless seeing ass the video was already compressed into playstation format( fansy mpeg) and then decompressed into a regular mpeg(or avi i suppose) You could get that same quality at half(or even 1/4) the file size with just a little filtering and patience

Flea Of Terror
Org Profile

Postby Flea Of Terror » Sat Dec 21, 2002 3:15 pm

Yes, I know.
Thats why I say in the end I hope for it to be under 150megs.
I have never messed with the compression options for DivX before, but I imagine I can come to a fairly good ratio of quality/compression.

Flea Of Terror
Org Profile

Postby Flea Of Terror » Sun Dec 29, 2002 6:28 pm

Ok, new version up.
I guess you could say, I am releasing this Vid as it moves along in progress.
There will be a even newer version up later today, which has a completley diferent begining.
This clip of it is 1:30 and about 40megs in size.
Spoliers are included.
I know that one part of the video has Pixalization, I will be fixing that. I think it happened because my hard drive needed to be defragged, or maybe I did something while ripping the videos.

www.worldofruin.com/videos/unknownlove1_30.avi
Note: Please give about 30 minutes after this post before downloading. I am still uploading it to my server.

Return to “AMV Announcements”