Hunters or The Hunted

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Hunters or The Hunted

Post by genestarwind21122 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:16 am

Well after 6 months of editing my newest amv is completed. I have to say this was a fun experience to make this video. It uses a song that I wrote the lyrics for and had a local band perform it. No, I didn't do the singing for the song. I thought it would be unique to use a song that I wrote the lyrics for. It wasn't originally planned to be used in an amv but as the song was being developed and I heard it more. I started to get the idea for a video. This video and song is mainly about decisions that we make and questioning them too. Also that while everything may seem to be perfect there is always something along the way to destroy that image that we are trying to hold on to.

Anime(s) : Bleach, Escaflowne The Movie, Naruto, Samuri X (OVA), and Wolf's Rain
Song: Decisions (Written by me)
Artist : Crimson Orchid

Link:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=139206

I hope you guys enjoy the video.

Gene Starwind 21122
Last edited by genestarwind21122 on Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:32 am

pretty snaffy luv the sync

visual quality on bleach and wolfs rain was not so hot...?
I'm not a fan of the inconsistencies in the singers voice he seemed all over the shop. *edits* BUT I like the song
new banzors in the making :p

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:56 pm

Thanks for your comment on the video. I tried my best cleaning up the bleach footage with different scripts and stuff. Well the inconsistencies may be due to the fact that he was trying to sing a song that was not typically their style. I'm glad you like the song though. I am try to work with another singer right now on another song which may be used in a future amv.

Legal music for amv's got to love it. :wink:

Krisqo
Cooking Oil
Org Profile

Post by Krisqo » Tue Feb 20, 2007 7:17 pm

Am getting like promised. Will leave feedback tomorrow.

Rurounikeitaro
Org Profile

Post by Rurounikeitaro » Wed Feb 21, 2007 10:06 pm

Oh, a vid from Gene. I'll download/watch/then comment back here.

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:17 am

I'm glad to see you two are interested in watching the video. Can't wait to hear your feedback on it.

Gene Starwind 21122

Fizziks
Org Profile

Post by Fizziks » Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:43 am

Good editing, pacing, and an interesting song combine to make this one sweet video. Excellent work! :up: I look forward to your next project.

[Mike of the Desert]
Location: Earth -> Europe -> Italy -> Rome -> Cerveteri -> Sasso -> Home -> Mike's Room
Org Profile

Post by [Mike of the Desert] » Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:17 am

Just saw your video, good work! :)
Especially the beginning, that's really awesome. :idea:
I'll leave an op, be sure of this, the only problem for me is been the music, really awful for me. :?
ImageImage

genestarwind21122
Samurai Master
Org Profile

Post by genestarwind21122 » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:01 pm

@ Michele

I'm glad you liked the editing. I have a feeling the music is going to be the high and low for this video at times. Depending on what type of music your into is always a factor.

@ Autraya

Thanks for the review on the vid. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Hopefully this idea of writting my own songs or using local bands will work out in the future. I like using known songs too, but I feel that you should be able to use a diversity of music.

Anyways I look forward to any other comments that anyone has. I'll be doing an op exchange probably later on this week or if you want just pm me and we can work something out.

DaCoolGohan
Org Profile

Post by DaCoolGohan » Tue Feb 27, 2007 9:07 pm

Theres so many technical issues with this video.
You have footage which is widescreen stretched to fullscreen without cropping it so you get a stretched out picture.
You keep the little bars off of the DVDs, Escaflowne for example, and it switches from having those bars to not having those bars.
You switch to footage that had jagged edges that looks like it has been stretched without a smoother filter.
You also slow down footage without turning off the deinterlace below 100% video option.

The video itself is just ok, I didn't really think it was that amazing it seemed kind of thrown together I wasn't able to follow the progression that well.

I'd give it a 2/5

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”