Sixteen Day Old Moon - Touhou

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
h_dk_m
Org Profile

Sixteen Day Old Moon - Touhou

Post by h_dk_m » Sun Jan 14, 2007 3:38 pm

Ok, first time I post a video in the forum...

Anyway, I read this doujin about how Sakuya and Remilia met, I had to do something with it as it is so full of emotions...so I made this small video as a tribute to the cutemaid we all love (at least Touhou fans that is)...

Just something simple, I hope you enjoy it, and if not, let me know

Sixteen Day Old Moon

^_^

Raf

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Mon Jan 15, 2007 2:30 pm

Wow, editing manga and this kind of music is something that needs respect already. It was a nice change and very different so overall I liked it.
You shouldn't make such abrupt changes in your video when the song doesn't support it. Change the video when the song changes. Also, try to make your effects look better and blend better into each other.

Inuyasha the 3rd
Org Profile

Post by Inuyasha the 3rd » Mon Jan 15, 2007 4:24 pm

Downloading now. :)

Wow, that was real awesome dude! I had an idea for doing editing manga like that. I really liked it. Very good. The Touhou series is great!

4/5 :D

Streicher
Org Profile

Post by Streicher » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:57 pm

Yeah I just love the Touhou games. The characters, the music, the gameplay, I just love them. And their very dedicated fan scene impresses me too.

Your video sometimes doesn't flow very smooth, but I can imagine that working from a doujinshi must be even more difficult then compared to CGs.

Worth watching, maybe this will spark some interest in other people.

h_dk_m
Org Profile

Post by h_dk_m » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:16 pm

First of all thank you all for the input.

In fact this was my first time using AfterEffects, it think next one will be better.

I guess we need more Touhou love in the AMV comunitty, you know...It is such a great series but so far I have only found ugly MADs without any real content, I just wanted to fill a bit the hole ^^

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”