Kite: Lost Dreams (revisited)

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Kite: Lost Dreams (revisited)

Post by Fluxmeister » Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:58 pm

I decided to recreate a video from my first year of editing that was especially unique due to the length of the song as well as the time constraints of the anime. This is an alternative version of the video Lost Dreams with additional editing and some changes to the layout.

I've always felt that Kite actually had a decent story but was masked by excessive and often comical violence. I tried to create a version of Kite that avoided some of the more ridiculous aspects and centered more on the story. Of course I couldn't pass up the action... especially when trying to make a seven and a half minute video with forty-five minutes of source!

The editing style remains the same as the original. I'm sorry there are no lens flares or AE multi screen rotating cubes that sync to the beat. ... but because this is me and I love explosions I added a couple more in from Kite ... :twisted:

Enjoy!

Video Link (I've added a direct link for the alternate version)
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 10:05 pm

I'm downloading this one for nostalgia purposes (man I remember watching this when I was in high school :shock: ).
ImageImage

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Wed Jan 10, 2007 2:12 am

I'm downloading this because Rob Dougan is great, and this song is win.

Edit - interesting. I'm half tempted to look into the anime. I haven't seen the original so i can't really comment in terms of difference, but I will say i like what you did. Rob Dougan needs more AMVs.

Reigna
is actually a penguin in boots
Org Profile

Post by Reigna » Tue Jan 16, 2007 6:23 pm

Very cool stuff, glad to catch this video this time since I wasn't around when it first came out >> Rob D wins. Nice video, Fluxy :)
Casting white shadows.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Wed Jan 17, 2007 11:48 am

Damn I really need to get home to actually download and watch this one. It pretty much inspired me a lot before I started to get deeper into editing myself. I really like the fact that you re-edited it. I hope you also used more decent compression since the old mpeg didn't look that awesome. Anyway :| ... further comments will follow thanks to the edit button.

Nice, it still works even though it's a very simple video compared to videos appearing nowadays. The quality still isn't as good as I hoped (maybe h264 would've done a better job here) but it's way better to watch then the old mpeg.
Last edited by Warheart on Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Turbo
is actually Jesus
Org Profile

Post by Turbo » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:01 am

It would be good to see this video: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=11150
in superior quality. :)

Autraya
Zero Punctuation
Org Profile

Post by Autraya » Fri Jan 19, 2007 7:47 am

here here *raised glass salute* good re-make, it's been a while since I've seen the original.
Turbo wrote:It would be good to see this video: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=11150
in superior quality. :)
Yessss X2
new banzors in the making :p

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”