The Kira [ Death Note + Dethklok ]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Aria Mournesong
Org Profile

The Kira [ Death Note + Dethklok ]

Post by Aria Mournesong » Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:13 pm

Title: The Kira
Anime: Death Note
Song: Murdertrain A-Comin'
Artist: Dethklok
Format: AVI
Codec: h264

Kind of a weird time of the year to be releasing this kind of AMV, but it's short and sweet and 100% Metal.

Anyways hope you enjoy watching, cause I reallyreally enjoyed making this project blacker than the blackest black times INFINITY!!! :twisted: :twisted:

Oh, and Merry Christmas <3

Moonie
Give me some candy!
Org Profile

Post by Moonie » Sat Dec 23, 2006 9:08 am

I watched this a lil after you announced it
Cool video Aria
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage

JudgeHolden
Org Profile

Post by JudgeHolden » Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:22 pm

What's this? A video? Lies! :P

Aria Mournesong
Org Profile

Post by Aria Mournesong » Mon Dec 25, 2006 9:46 pm

Moonie211 wrote:I watched this a lil after you announced it
Cool video Aria
Why danke Moonie I'm glad you enjoyed it and commented on said enjoyment :D . You also have the MOST adorable Avatar I've seen in a while :lol: .

JudgeHolden wrote:What's this? A video? Lies! :P
I would never lie to my sugar daddy :wink:

And now onto the always hilarious and sometimes enlightening QuickComments......
FunnyQuickComment#1 wrote:Not bad. Synch was perhaps a bit slow for a metal AMV, and the plot was slightly unclear. Nonetheless quite good though.
In the first draft I stuck with the old theory that if the AMV is to truely be metal it needs a flash for every beat. Unfortunately everyone that Beta'd the first draft is now blind. Which proves that it WAS metal, but if I blind everyone that watches it, then they won't be able to watch Panty Raid III: The Panties Strike Back and then JudgeHolden will be pissed off at me. So I redid it and only put flashes on every OTHER beat, reducing the damage of viewing it to only mild cases of seizures, but this also reduced the metal of this AMV.

FunnyQuickComment#2 wrote:killed this video.
You sir or ma'am are metal

InsightfulQuickComment#1 wrote:great job with limited footage
Thanks, you are definitely brutal so keep on rockin' :o

InsightfulQuickComment#2 wrote:FOR GREAT JUSTICE AND COOKIES! COOKIES I SAY!
I know who this one is from and I heart them muchly.
But for fun I decided to google "Justice Cookies"
Behold:

Merry Christmas to all and to all that have viewed my AMV many thanks.
Last edited by Aria Mournesong on Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:24 am, edited 2 times in total.

Kariudo
Twilight prince
Org Profile

Post by Kariudo » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:30 am

man...why do I have to be on dial-up when something cool comes out...
T-T

Tormentor
Org Profile

Post by Tormentor » Tue Dec 26, 2006 5:49 am

Okay, well it is shorter than 2min (usual for dethklok-songs). Still I consider this to be a little minus. It is also obvious, that you were inspired in your editing technique by the videoclips of the series ("suitcase full of gore" from the episode "murdering outside the box" especially) Even though I am a metalfan I can't really say I liked it for the contempt, you should have used another song perhabs, even though I am not too sure how that would have suited the message.

Technically the video is quite good. Nice and decent use of fxs and well compressed.

All in all I give you 3/5 stars for it.

Continue editing metal and take a longer song next time ;).

Aria Mournesong
Org Profile

Post by Aria Mournesong » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:56 pm

Kariudo wrote:man...why do I have to be on dial-up when something cool comes out...
T-T
I'm sorry :( . If you're still unable to Download it I can forward you to my Myspace Video account to watch it from there. Lemme know!
Tormentor wrote:Okay, well it is shorter than 2min (usual for dethklok-songs). Still I consider this to be a little minus. It is also obvious, that you were inspired in your editing technique by the videoclips of the series ("suitcase full of gore" from the episode "murdering outside the box" especially) Even though I am a metalfan I can't really say I liked it for the contempt, you should have used another song perhabs, even though I am not too sure how that would have suited the message.

Technically the video is quite good. Nice and decent use of fxs and well compressed.

All in all I give you 3/5 stars for it.

Continue editing metal and take a longer song next time ;).
Briefcase Full of Guts, Go Into The Water and Murdertrain A-Comin' were by three picks for a song. But the train episode in Death Note pretty much clinched Murdertrain as the song pick.

My editing choice with it though was based off of following the advice RolltheStampede gave me after he watched Trinity. He wanted me to try and keep my editing constant throughout the entire project. Lately I've worked on about three projects(two MEP shorts and this one) so I kept the basic editing the same between all three. On each 2 and 4 beat there was a flash in each. With the rest of the cuts in Kira though I decided to use every other guitar screetch at the first part to add in a quick image of the Murdertrain or Kira. Then I took two long clips and places quick fades in them to synch up with the first fast guitar part. Finally the last 3rd of the AMV was supposed to be a two-parter: the first had the scenes synched to the drum beat and would be in full screen. The second would be synched to the guitar and overlayed in widescreen. However, Premiere hated me that week and any masking I did turned out poopey, then my plug-ins weren't cooperating so I just shrugged and left it with just the drum part.

Now the quickie outro I made that is a complete homage to the outro from Metalocalypse ^.^

Thanks for your feedback and for watching the AMV though Tormentor! As for another metal AMV...maybe, iunno if I'm going to be working on anymore projects unless someone requests an Anime/Song or I happen across a MEP that would be fun to do after Winter Break. AMV making = too much work to dedicate what little free-time I'll have in the near future. :(

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”