Yuri Collections! A Yuri MEP! =]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:08 pm

Dare I?? well I just wanna look at the transitions >.>....

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:09 pm

Knowname wrote:Dare I?? well I just wanna look at the transitions >.>....
get it :P

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:14 pm

HOLY CRAP! 300 megs! that even makes my fiber optic line shutter!! lolol

lol I just love video info pages that sound like an academy awards speach lol "and most of all I'd like to thank my lord and savior, big money!"

Knowname
Org Profile

Post by Knowname » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:18 pm

JaddziaDax wrote:
angelx03 wrote:Why wasn't I informed of this MEP?!!! :x :cry:
more reason to pay attention to JOURNALS

heh...

either that or stick around on the amvience forums and you might catch something not floating around here :/
oh it floats it floats. It flows out of my toilet too! I gaurantee you it floats :twisted: :twisted:

Orzmella
Org Profile

Post by Orzmella » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:07 pm

Ah this lack of time :( Dling now :roll:

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Sep 28, 2006 3:33 pm

Knowname wrote:HOLY CRAP! 300 megs! that even makes my fiber optic line shutter!! lolol

lol I just love video info pages that sound like an academy awards speach lol "and most of all I'd like to thank my lord and savior, big money!"
Holy..... I'd better wait till I get home to give in to the temptation then :lol:

internet here at work sucks....

Haunter103
Org Profile

Post by Haunter103 » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:37 pm

That was some quality stuff
JaddziaDax wrote:more reason to pay attention to JOURNALS

heh...

either that or stick around on the amvience forums and you might catch something not floating around here :/
I can't afford the time to be trolling around more than one forum at any given time (It would ruin me! O.o), and there's no way I'm even touching the journals. But if ever a sequel comes up or something else related (Yuri AMV Hell? just putting it out there) then please spread the word a little more, puhreese? (*puppydog eyes*)
●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●●

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Sep 28, 2006 6:47 pm

Christmas is going to open next month O.O
XD

dj_ultima_the_great
Org Profile

Post by dj_ultima_the_great » Thu Sep 28, 2006 7:52 pm

I think I'm gonna take this one on a point-by-point.

1. Not a huge fan of yuri, but I don't mind it. Besides, I make a note to download all the MEPs I see announced.

2. Editing of all of the segments was at least solid. Some (like the one using Loveless) stood out to me as being excellent, but they were all good tracks.

3. Video quality was pretty good, although I was hoping for a little better considering the filesize to video length ratio.

4. The song mix lacked a LOT of phrasing. Most popular music works on 8 or 16 measure phrasing. However, I found a lot of segments cutting off in the middle of verses or choruses (meaning, only 5 or 13 or whatever measures in.) It made the mix flow poorly.

5. Didn't really understand the random "yuri collections" text that appeared in the first quarter of the video a few times. Was that a part of the people's tracks? Was it added in by the coordinator as a transition? Whatever the case, it didn't work out so hot.

6. Was really impressed by the credits, even though they were hard to read. That had to have taken a good deal of effort, and I give it a major :up: for being creatively done.

On two personal notes... firstly, it was interesting to realize that I knew most of the songs used. Secondly, I was amazed that no one used Cardcaptor Sakura. There's so much gay lovin' in that anime that I was almost positive it'd be in the project. Oh well. If there's a volume 2 of this MEP, maybe someone will pick it up.

All in all, very nicely done among the editors. There needs to be a little more quality control and better phrased tracks next time, but the editing was all there. Great work, folks. ^_^

- Jen

Batto!
Le gâteau est un mensonge
Org Profile

Post by Batto! » Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:15 pm

for some reason.. little girl yuri isnt my thing lol

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”