A Dark Fire

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Ingow
Org Profile

A Dark Fire

Post by Ingow » Mon Aug 28, 2006 2:33 pm

Title: A Dark Fire
Anime: Sukisho
Artist: CocoRosie
Song: Beautiful Boys

I've been working a lot on this one and I'm pretty satisfied with the outcome. It's drama, but somehow still a bit upbeat and also not as emo as my other videos (there are still some pretty sick moments, but most of the time you can kick back and enjoy the show)

This is still Shonen-Ai, don't download to hate.

I encoded this one in x264 to get a smaller filesize so if you don't know how to deal with a .mp4 file read the video info or ask me via PM.

So well, not much more to add I guess. It's got a weird song choice so most of you won't be into that.

Oh and yeah, every single character in this video is a boy. Deal with it.

Tash
Org Profile

Post by Tash » Mon Aug 28, 2006 3:33 pm

Do you have a timeframe you like the most?

Just wondering

*inverse*
Org Profile

Post by *inverse* » Mon Aug 28, 2006 9:57 pm

The song is definitely weird (kinda made me cringe a little), but I think your combination of effects and lyric sync made for an interesting watch. I'm not sure if I liked the "box" effect (1:13), but everything else you did looked really pretty.

I like it :)

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Tue Aug 29, 2006 9:12 am

Tash wrote:Do you have a timeframe you like the most?

@*inverse*: Thanks, glad you enjoyed it.

Roccket
Org Profile

Post by Roccket » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:08 am

I really love that song, but I think your video didn't live up to my expectations...

First, your audio compression was quite bad, every high note sounded crappy.
Then, it seems you synchronised your scenes along with the piano, which I think caused a certain feeling of imbalance with the whole song. The voices seemed to have been forgotten. I also didn't like your use of effects with the windows, a bit too sharp...

Anyway, I liked some parts of it, which were very sad (he was an orphan...), as the song is, though I wish I would have seen this sadness all along the video...

Even if I didn't like the video, greetings for using music that I like in it :D (and your video may make people get interested in Cocorosie's music too.)

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:20 am

Roccket wrote:I really love that song, but I think your video didn't live up to my expectations...

First, your audio compression was quite bad, every high note sounded crappy.
Then, it seems you synchronised your scenes along with the piano, which I think caused a certain feeling of imbalance with the whole song. The voices seemed to have been forgotten. I also didn't like your use of effects with the windows, a bit too sharp...

Anyway, I liked some parts of it, which were very sad (he was an orphan...), as the song is, though I wish I would have seen this sadness all along the video...

Even if I didn't like the video, greetings for using music that I like in it :D (and your video may make people get interested in Cocorosie's music too.)
So you're the first to enjoy the music and still dislike the video, I think I have all kinds of different opinions possible now.

The audio is 192kb/s and I thought that it sounded alright but yeah it could've been a lot better with direct CD sound I guess.

I agree on the voices part, I myself wanted to focus more on them but I'd have had to ignore a lot of the beat to do so and I also wanted to represent the anime while presenting the song, so I wanted to put all of the good scenes from the show in the video as well. And that would've had suffered as soon as I'd slow down the video so it would've been pure drama/mood of the song.

The feeling of imbalance is kind of on purpose though, since I was going for a pulsating feeling as you can see in the death/killing scenes. I was going for abstract synch since the song itself isn't only sad (like most of Antony's songs are, this one is more 50/50 and Cocorosie are pretty experimental themselves when it comes to their solo music).

Ileia
WHAT IS PINK MAY NEVER DIE!
Org Profile

Post by Ileia » Tue Aug 29, 2006 11:47 am

I didn't think I would like it when it first started (I'm still not quite sure what to think of that song o_O) but I did enjoy it. I usually don't like box effects, but because they were...a little offcenter/irregular I thought they looked nice. I especially liked the part at 3:28 when the lights on the ferris wheel are synced to the piano. The audio sounded fine to me, btw, but I'm not a real quality whore or anything.

(Also, I watched the first ep of this anime, is it worth it to get the rest and watch it? Pretty good anime?)
:cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake: :cupcake:

xRinoa
Org Profile

Post by xRinoa » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:09 pm

:D

Okay the song is.. strange Ingolein ,_,"

But I like that video, good editing and ( I want that Anime ) *fg*".
Good Ingo stuff :P ^^
kekeke

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:44 am

Ileia wrote:I usually don't like box effects, but because they were...a little offcenter/irregular I thought they looked nice.
Thanks, your the first to notice that, or the first to tell me that you noticed. I didn't want anything in this video to look exactly regular so I gave the boxes either different heights oder different widths.
Ileia wrote:I especially liked the part at 3:28 when the lights on the ferris wheel are synced to the piano.
I love that scene too, I didn't even think it would work that good when I first made it ^^
Ileia wrote:The audio sounded fine to me, btw, but I'm not a real quality whore or anything.
Yeah me neither so I guess there's something we don't hear here...
Ileia wrote:(Also, I watched the first ep of this anime, is it worth it to get the rest and watch it? Pretty good anime?)
Depends on wether or not you enjoyed the first episode since the entire series is pretty much like it. The only change happens in the last three episodes where it gets entirely dark and the whole storyline gets explained. But yeah I love it :>

Well anyways thanks for the comments, glad you liked it :)
xRinoa wrote:Okay the song is.. strange Ingolein ,_,"
I know but I love Antony's voice ;_;
xRinoa wrote:( I want that Anime ) *fg*".
YES, you should definately watch it! It's got all you'd possibly want :>
(It's 50% Comedy too)
xRinoa wrote:Good Ingo stuff :P ^^
thx ^^

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Wed Aug 30, 2006 8:45 am

Ingow wrote:either different heights oder different widths
rofl @ german typo, it's supposed to be "or"

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”