NEW Hypodermic Studios: "Where Do We Go"

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Beowulf
Org Profile

NEW Hypodermic Studios: "Where Do We Go"

Post by Beowulf » Sun Aug 13, 2006 6:55 pm

There it is. My new video everyone!

This is a sentimental/action with a hint of the surreal. Let me know what you guys think :-*, and of course opinions are always welcome. Give this one time to grow on you as its a pretty aquired taste, but I think its worth it.

The video is 152 megs. One of its main focus is imagery and I wanted it to look good.

Happy downloading!

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:07 pm

Fuck opinions. :wink:

*downloads*
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Jonezine
Org Profile

Post by Jonezine » Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:46 pm

AWSOME!

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:44 pm

Your best video since Dry The Rain. Make more like it damn you :-O
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:56 pm

There's a definate groove to it, the beats were there and definately kicking. But it just dug in a little for me, I feel like there could have been much more with the potential that's behind this song and the editing. Definately well edited, don't get me wrong, but I just couldn't get totally into it. Probably something to do with my tastes :P

[Kristyrat]

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:00 pm

Groovy.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:04 am

/me adds to download list

Orwell
godx, Son of godix
Org Profile

Post by Orwell » Mon Aug 14, 2006 12:29 am

Good, but it lacked radical re-interpretation of the footage that would have made this video a keeper. There are only so many times you can beat the FLCL horse on the side of un-originality. Maybe if I keep it around long enough it'll grow on me, but I'm not betting on it.
Latest
[Kristyrat]: Vote for Orwell
[Kristyrat]: because train conducters are dicks.
Otohiko: whereas Germans are like "god we are all so horrible, we're going to die a pointless death now."

JCD
Lord of the Dance
Org Profile

Post by JCD » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:17 am

:?

It had it's groovy sides, but it's not like it hasn't been done before, reminded me of quite alot other flcl videos. The synchage was quite enjoyable towards the end, the cheesy effects sometimes had a nice touch, sometimes annoyingly oldbaked, especially if you know how the premiere effects look like.

The quality & length did by far not justify the huge filesize, since the space on my HD is low, I will delete it. Use h264 if you want to keep the quality no matter what at usual filesizes, it was made for such purposes :|

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:39 am

definately something that needs to be viewed a few times over a greater period of time. Didn't grab me that much at first, but after a while (and a few viewings), i appreciate it more. I'll hold onto it, but i agree with JCD in terms of filesize.

4/5

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”