Sensitive Artists

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Minhuit
Org Profile

Sensitive Artists

Post by Minhuit » Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:43 pm

Sensitive Artists
Song: Kick Some Ass
Artist: Stoke 9
Anime: Various, 14

My newest creation, feel free to check it out. Leave an opinion if you want, Ill return the favour.

Description:
Major lip syncing, minor effects, a bit of action mixed with some romantics, since they are all just a bunch of sensitive artists. ^.^

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:00 pm

tip: when you go to do a final render for a video thats done in Wide Screen format just crop off the black bars... that will save you on file space... also if you want a better image use XVID instead of whatever codec you were using... alot of the parts came off as blocky/blurry as most WMVs from windows movie maker O.o its really hard to make place promised footage look THAT blurry.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/xvid.html
and of course dont forget to compress your audio too (though you did for this one but yea... lol)

dont try to lipsync Advent Children >.< it will never look right... ever.. just my opinion...

infact i really think that the only lines in this video that should have been lipsynced is the "sensitive artist" parts... cause it almost made me laugh with the raxepheon parts (im probably spelling that wrong) and I havent even seen that series... Ayame's parts were funny too a bit... though hes not much of a fighter :P

it felt like there should have been more action and less lipsync though...

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:43 pm

hardly anything matched at all the lip didnt even move with the words I dont like to be mean or anything but this amv just..... should have been more action most of the scense were left one to long during the clip. at 00:21-00:39 it looked like you aciddently put a long clip in and didnt take it out. at 00:50- 00:54 it was really fast paced but you had thes very slow clips, you dont get any action in till 00:55 and it doesnt sync with the lyrics at all mabey you were going more for beat sync or somthing instead of sync with the lyrics if you were in my own opinion you should have tried syncing with the song lyrics more. at 1:11 it says "im really just a sensitive artist" I kinda get what you were going with there how hes in a costume that looks like it was made by an artist but when it says artist it means martail artist. 1:20 - 1:28 looks like one long clip with lip flap. at "bashing some ones head in" that part it acully looks like you put a good clip choice there but the quality :( .after that is says "how many people wanna kick some ass" and it shows a FF:AC clip with a dude siting there doing pretty much nothing. at 2:00 pretty well it says "your a gonner, gonner" and you had heero staping the mobile suit that was a nice choice. soon after that it gets really fast paced with no lyrics that part was better then the first fast paced part of the song it acully has some fitting action clips but the others arnt the best choice. at 2:59 it has kuwabara lip syncing but looks like lip flap. at 3:18you lip synced wich wich looks like a charecter from loveless but that didnt work well at all.

dont see this as an attack just see it as some stuff to work on

and you should compress with Xvid you can get much much much much much much much better quality

and I reccomend you watch this video the quality aint as good but its a great example of an amv to the same song

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=32053

Fuze
Org Profile

Post by Fuze » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:54 pm

Thanks for the technical advice guys. :lol:

ROXASRIKU
Org Profile

Post by ROXASRIKU » Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:12 pm

cool music video! i liked the different animes together. Go Rahxephon! I the lip sync was good, music seemed to fit, id say a 7.5/10! More action could have made it better I think, but great job!

Heres a video I made:
http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=122039

Feel free to leave some commentary.

Minhuit
Org Profile

Post by Minhuit » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:05 pm

Not to keep this going, I just wanted to reply to some of the comments.
And I want to say, thanks for commenting and taking the time to even bother with my AMV.

Now for more detailed responses:

JaddziaDax; I used DivX 6.25 codec. And Ill keep that cropping advice in mind. Ive also seen a good AMV, in my opinion, that lip syncs Advent Children Silly Songs With Kadaj. And made you laugh...like in a good way?

Shinodude; Thanks for the detailed breakdown. I appreciate it.

00:21-00:39 - Attempt at lip syncing Kuwabara to the lyrics.
00:50- 00:54 - Yeah, they are a little slow but they matched the lyrics.
00:55 - I was trying to show the "you're a goner" part.

1:11 - Yeah, my bad, I took the "I'm really just a sensitive artist" part of the song like it meaning a sensitive, kind, caring person type of artist guy not a martial artist, I guess that would be my fault. So I can see why it might seem like nothing matched up.

1:20 - 1:28 - He was supposed to be saying it.

FF:AC - Was supposed to be dialog:
Kadaj: "How many people wanna kick some ass?"
Guy sitting in chair: "I do I do"
Kadaj: "And how many people sick of holding it back?"
Guy sitting in chair: "I am"
Kadaj: "Well I am too"
2:00 - Thanks! ^.^
2:32 - 2:53(fast paced part) - In the beginning I showed Haku when he was small then while he was dying, Spirited Away, FF:AC.

Then Im going to assume when you said, "but the others arnt the best choice", you meant the PPIOED footage. I was going for the same thing I did with Haku but with Hiroko and Sayuri...showing Sayuri playing the violin in the first, Hiroko/Sayuri running to find each other, then Hiroko playing the violin. I guess it didnt match the tempo/beat, but I felt like Id put a little more of them into the anime.

2:59 - I thought the first part seemed like he was saying it, the last part might have been a bit awkward.
3:18 - You're right, Ritsuka from Loveless, and again the lip sync isnt perfect.

ROXASRIKU; Thanks...must be a big fan of RahXephon.

PS: Id like to know who left this quick comment so that I may watch your AMV. Plus I think it is pretty funny.

2006-07-06 17:27:23 I'm sorry, I'll be over here washing the taste of this amv out with one of my own to the same song :|

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:19 pm

XVID > DIVX

lol... and as for advent lipsync... to me it comes off like the old godzilla movies cause their mouths are only moving in the way intended for the japanese version... the "dubbed" version of the movie is hard to watch... i tried to watch it but it hurt...

and how did i know that vid was going to be "I Love My Lips"?

O.o

JaddziaDax
Crazy Cat Lady!
Org Profile

Post by JaddziaDax » Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:20 pm

oh aparently because I've downloaded it already O.o

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”