A Part of FFIX: New file extension

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

A Part of FFIX: New file extension

Post by SQ » Tue Nov 26, 2002 11:03 pm

Yes, my beloved FFIX AMV character profile of Kuja is now in AVI format!
However, it is a whopping 809 MB!! EIGHT HUNDRED AND NINE! Good GOD! The file size is too large for me to host it, so if anyone wants to, be my guest. However, if you want this version, contact me by the handy dandy buttons below this post, and I'll get it to you in some way, shape, or form.

HOWEVER, I recommend you just get RealPlayer 8(or higher) and watch my FFIX AMV, because the AVI and RM video quality is almost the same. In AVI, the motion just looks "smoother". The aduio quality, however, in the AVI format, is WORSE than the RM format. It sounds as if the song is being played from far away. So, anyway, here's the second chance to see my first and best AMV created. Use the handy dandy buttons below my post to access my profile for "A Part of FFIX" and download the RealmMedia version which is only 15 MB, or contact me for hosting/access to/for my AVI format of my AMV, of 809 MB.

Enjoy whichever you choose.
StandardQuip
Discord: @standardquip
BentoVid (previously AMV Sashimi) Discord Server

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Re: A Part of FFIX: New file extension

Post by bloodyfang » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:13 am

SQ wrote:Yes, my beloved FFIX AMV character profile of Kuja is now in AVI format!
However, it is a whopping 809 MB!! EIGHT HUNDRED AND NINE! Good GOD! The file size is too large for me to host it, so if anyone wants to, be my guest. However, if you want this version, contact me by the handy dandy buttons below this post, and I'll get it to you in some way, shape, or form.

HOWEVER, I recommend you just get RealPlayer 8(or higher) and watch my FFIX AMV, because the AVI and RM video quality is almost the same. In AVI, the motion just looks "smoother". The aduio quality, however, in the AVI format, is WORSE than the RM format. It sounds as if the song is being played from far away. So, anyway, here's the second chance to see my first and best AMV created. Use the handy dandy buttons below my post to access my profile for "A Part of FFIX" and download the RealmMedia version which is only 15 MB, or contact me for hosting/access to/for my AVI format of my AMV, of 809 MB.

Enjoy whichever you choose.
809MB./... you did encode your avi file didn't you?
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

Ean
Org Profile

Post by Ean » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:38 am

809 MB... that's big alright... but it sounds like you've only exported your video from whatever editing program you're using and haven't encoded it to distribute on the net. Try doing that [encoding it] and you'll end up with a smaller size video to deal with. Check out <a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... uteDestiny & ErMaC's Technical Guides to All Things Audio and Video</a> for more info...

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Nov 27, 2002 10:20 am

I originally had it encoded as an RM format, and then after awhile deleted the timeline I had, so I couldn't encode it anymore(Or maybe I'm stupid, and I still can?). I converted my RM file to an AVI format, so more people would be willing/want to watch it. I'm really really happy about my video, and am disappointed that just because it's in RM format, so many people won't watch it. . .
StandardQuip

bloodyfang
Org Profile

Post by bloodyfang » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:51 pm

SQ wrote:II converted my RM file to an AVI format, so more people would be willing/want to watch it. I'm really really happy about my video, and am disappointed that just because it's in RM format, so many people won't watch it. . .
that is why your audio is so bad in the AVI format file. You basically Compressed it twice if you used mp3 for encoding. not a good thing.

also you get waht you put in. so basiacally you just made a big ass RM quality file with worse audio than before.
An ocean of dust and randomly strung together pieces of hydrogen, serving no purpose other than allowing all of us to continue in our misery, doomed to an enternity of petty squabbles and meaningless ego trips, until the whole thing one day explodes and starts the whole shebang all over again. - Chaos_Angel

SQ
Doesn't have a title
Org Profile

Post by SQ » Wed Nov 27, 2002 1:18 pm

You basically Compressed it twice if you used mp3 for encoding. not a good thing.

also you get waht you put in. so basiacally you just made a big ass RM quality file with worse audio than before.

I used a .wav format of the song, and the quality, audio-wise, came out better then it was originally in the rm format. So I don't really understand what went wrong in the conversion. . . >< However, this should be in the video help section of the forum, now, shouldn't it? ><

Check out AbsoluteDestiny & ErMaC's Technical Guides to All Things Audio and Video for more info...
Yes, Will do. Thank you!
StandardQuip

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”