On My Earth

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Brad
Org Profile

On My Earth

Post by Brad » Mon May 08, 2006 12:23 am

Well now that ACen is offically over, I figured it was about time I'd put my new video up. Several people have already seen this (played it on RDS TV a few times), but here it is in it's full quality'd goodness.

It's my first "full" action video, but being the kind of editor I am, it's still a relatively serious character profile. If you're interested in how the video came to be, read through the profile. Either way, hope you enjoy the video :-o

On My Earth
Anime: Akira
Song: Saosin - I Can Tell There Was An Accident Here Earlier
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Khameleon808
Org Profile

Post by Khameleon808 » Mon May 08, 2006 12:26 am

I seen this video in full beta , and lemme tell you guys, ITS THE SHIT :) GET THIS VIDEO or you are probably ghey in da cyberpants :P

Kisanzi
Why I likes so much?
Org Profile

Post by Kisanzi » Mon May 08, 2006 12:48 am

You already know what I think of this vid, but lemme just sum it up again here. I can't tell you how envious I am of the mood in this one. Every scene and effect works hand-in-hand for the greater good of the theme. Easily one of the best Akira vids out there and it's a very inspiring watch! Thanks for getting it up here so soon!

Flint the Dwarf
Org Profile

Post by Flint the Dwarf » Mon May 08, 2006 12:56 am

If only I'd had a cell phone.
Kusoyaro: We don't need a leader. We need to SHUT UP. Make what you want to make, don't make you what you don't want to make. If neither of those applies to you, then you need to SHUT UP MORE.

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Mon May 08, 2006 1:07 am

I beta'd this video a while back and it's still awesome work! :up:
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

requiett
Org Profile

Post by requiett » Mon May 08, 2006 1:31 am

Awesome vid. I fully endorse it.

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Mon May 08, 2006 4:44 am

Yay, finallly :). Since I already know it I'll comment right away. Best susage of Sapphire ever, the shakes and glows are used very skilled and the song is very cool. And you may claim that the first minute was an ironchef and thus can't keep up with the rest of the video, but overall it's an amazing video. 5/5

P.S. If there's anything to add after I watched it again I'll be back.

Ingow
Org Profile

Post by Ingow » Mon May 08, 2006 5:15 am

That was pretty good

What I mainly missed while watching was Originality though, so if I were to give you an opinion the score for that might even end up at a 6 or 7. I liked how you worked with the effects even though at the fast paced parts it seems a bit overdone (because flickering fast cuts are flashy enough in normal action editing for me)

Nice work though, the editing was very solid

Dark-Krystal
Org Profile

Post by Dark-Krystal » Mon May 08, 2006 5:46 am

Awsome 8-)

Tormentor
Org Profile

Post by Tormentor » Mon May 08, 2006 9:38 am

I must second some things. The fx-usasge was great, same goes for the mood. The video itsself is good and you used some nice filters (damn I wish I could encode this good). The only bad point that I noticed, and I regret having to say this, was the originality. Akira is most-used, which makes me sad for this video. Still great technical and spiritual work.

4/5

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”