[DZX] Remember Me

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
AltruisticCrono
Org Profile

[DZX] Remember Me

Post by AltruisticCrono » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:04 am

This video will appear for ACen 2006, but you can get a sneek peek beforehand. It may use a very common source, but everything I included breaks the mold. Let me know what you think.

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=113021

Prodigi
is the conductor.
Org Profile

Post by Prodigi » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:18 am

No longer being a DZX member i can give you complete and 100% honesty on my thoughts of the video without any fear of insult.

I love it.

Ok, it's a generic source, yes, but the combination works very well. The first time i watched this i pretty much loved it to death, but after a few watches there were one or two scene selections i didn't like too much, but overall i'm still really into it. I think the idea of including Raine and Laguna more, and showing the comparison between the two love stories worked quite well, and you don't see it done too often. The video quality is top end, and it's nice to see that you cropped it all off to widescreen so you don't get the annoying aspect ratio change between the final video and the earlier clips of the game.

One of the issues i had with the video was the colour effect you used in the Adel/Seifer/Rinoa scene. It didn't really catch me :\

That's all i can really think of right now. A solid performance.

9/10

AltruisticCrono
Org Profile

Post by AltruisticCrono » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:31 am

Thanks for the comments.

I certainly tried to do unique ideas to an already saturated source. Although possible overdosing on some, I wanted to get more experience with new effects and overlays. Above all, I really wanted to see AZ's video remade.

But most a-m-v.org members will be happy to know this is the last video game AMV I have planned for a long time (excluding FFX-2 sometime down the road).

The color scene you mentioned was in the first chorus?

Sephzilla
Org Profile

Post by Sephzilla » Thu Apr 06, 2006 11:36 am

Granted I know it'll sound biased since I'm a DZX member myself, but I dont care because I know my opinion is honest. And if nobody else wants to believe it, tough, cuz I know im being honest and thats all that matters :D

---

I've seen a great deal of Final Fantasy 8 videos, and on top of that, many Final Fantasy videos in general. And this is easily up near the top, if not the best, Final Fantasy 8 video I have ever seen.

"Remember Me" really seems to pull you into it and surrounded you in the mood its meant to portray, making you feel close to the love story(s) present in the video. I'm traditionally a person who's prodominantly against using text in videos as well, but given the suttle nature of how this technique was used in Remember Me it really drove the emotion of this video to heart in my opinion.

The mix of the romance sequences and action sequences were also perfectly blended, many upon many FF8 videos in the past have failed because of this lack of execution. Using an action song and trying to squeeze in the love story, or using a too slow romantic song whilst trying to get the action in. Given the audio source and visual presentation of this video, it failed at neither.

The uses of special effects in this video was also amazingly well done. Everything from suttle overlays, to the nice color transitions and blurring in the Waltz scene, to the suttle blue color of Rinoa's jacket standing out amongst a dark grey settting.

And unlike my former DZXmate, Prodigi, I found the visual effect in the Adel/Seifer/Rinoa scene to be extremely well placed. As it was stated in AltruisticCrono's pre-video description of Remember Me, that segment of the video is intended to represent the concept of Nightmares and Fears following tragedy, and nightmares and fears arent intended to be something that is pretty or easy to look at in any sense. Its supposed to make you feel uneasy and, well, in fear.

So overall, AltruisticCrono, in my opinion you have suceeded in making one of the best Final Fantasy 8 videos to hit The Org in a long time.

In an age in AMVs when every relatively popular video source is overused beyond reason, its so great to see that you can in fact 'teach and old dog new tricks'.[/b]

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:39 pm

:shock: Pretty! Not to mention it uses an awesome artist like Jeremy Camp.

Probably around 95% of the vids in my Final Fantasy AMV collection are from two or more years ago, so I'm very glad I can finally add a new vid to my list. :wink:
ImageImage

Us@gi
Org Profile

Post by Us@gi » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:34 pm

What i really like about this amv is the quality of the footage and the clean effects. The bad thing is that it end very quickly. xD

Us@gi
Org Profile

Post by Us@gi » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:36 pm

lol i commented the wrong amv xD

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:17 pm

not bad not bad. I liked it. good synch and use of blur and black and white to not only match the music but also the mood.

AltruisticCrono
Org Profile

Post by AltruisticCrono » Fri Apr 07, 2006 11:38 am

*Glomps all for the positive feedback*

Hey silver moon, has your sister watched it yet?

Hopefully I'll do well for the convention.

silver_moon
Org Profile

Post by silver_moon » Fri Apr 07, 2006 2:21 pm

AltruisticCrono wrote:Hey silver moon, has your sister watched it yet?
Yes she has, and she liked it too. :wink:
ImageImage

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”