My Best Vid Yet

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Volcano Videos
Org Profile

My Best Vid Yet

Post by Volcano Videos » Sat Jan 21, 2006 12:32 pm

I just finished this vid and it is awsome! I used Adobe Premiere to make it its called Broly-71 of course its a Broly tribute to the song Goodbye by SR-71 I put alot of effort into this vid so I hope you like it

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... p?v=104550
YOU DONT WANNA MESS WIT US BECAUSE WE'RE REESLERS! AND WE PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE!

Adv1sor
Org Profile

Post by Adv1sor » Sat Jan 21, 2006 3:37 pm

I am not a big fan of the action genre nor do I typically even watch DBZ AMVs. I don't even like SR-71 all that much.

However, this was one kick-ass AMV!

Excellent work. Good graphics, good timing and good use of effects.

Great job!

Volcano Videos
Org Profile

Post by Volcano Videos » Sun Jan 22, 2006 12:36 pm

thnx I knew people would like this vid alot but I got a 2.5 on the star scale and i got a overall 10 opinion WTF? any way thnx and plz post an opinion if you have time.
YOU DONT WANNA MESS WIT US BECAUSE WE'RE REESLERS! AND WE PUNCH YOU IN THE FACE!

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sun Jan 22, 2006 2:26 pm

Volcano Videos wrote:thnx I knew people would like this vid alot but I got a 2.5 on the star scale and i got a overall 10 opinion WTF? any way thnx and plz post an opinion if you have time.
# Member Since: Thursday, January 19, 2006, 5:34 PM

xplains allot :roll:

I didnt like it at all sorry kid... Its just another one of those vids...

Volcano Videos
Org Profile

Post by Volcano Videos » Sun Jan 22, 2006 3:57 pm

... I hate you

Sir Cruz
Org Profile

From a fellow beginner

Post by Sir Cruz » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:23 pm

I must say that this video wasn't so great.

Effects were great when they were used.
Lyrics for the song were mostly ignored as concerned to the series.
There was no story involved really with the song.
Synching was off for sceces and it just didn't have enough action to be a pointless action video.

Really, I would say your skills as an editor are pretty polished. Your idea and execution of the video was off though. Watch a couple really-loved AMVs to get a better idea of what to do.

I, for example, started off with little to no editing skills with one gig of AMVs on my PC. About a few months later, I sit here with almost 5 gigs worth of AMVs on my PC. My editing skills improved as I played with different programs, and I watched a lot of AMVs to discern which ones are good and which ones are horrible. When doing those things, I kind of found what can make a video good or bad. Simple as that really.

Your editing skills are sure to reach a higher quality if you watch more videos and learn what makes a good one.

This one wasn't so good, but one of your next might surely end up in my gigs worth of videos. :wink:
Wow, I have four gigs worth of material from this site on my PC.... I'm cranking opinions out on the ones I have starting this month.

I'm a new AMV artist, but I know what makes an AMV good and what makes it suck... Look for my first hosted video soon. Also feel more than free to add to the requests for my AMV on the suggestions front.

Niotex
The Phantom Canine
Org Profile

Post by Niotex » Sun Jan 22, 2006 4:42 pm

Volcano Videos wrote:... I hate you
:-* im just beeing honest if i actualy liked something you made i would say so and its just a coincidance that i messed this up 3 times for you now :roll:

why cant we just be friends? the chicks dig yaoi you know :wink:

Warheart
Org Profile

Post by Warheart » Sun Jan 22, 2006 5:03 pm

Niotex wrote:I didnt like it at all sorry kid... Its just another one of those vids...
Yeah ... wmv that says it all (in most cases). That was just another trashy DBZ video. A little tip you should get another editor and don't compress things in wmv or at least use an avi container.

Shinodude
emodude
Org Profile

Post by Shinodude » Sun Jan 22, 2006 7:43 pm

Niotex wrote:
Volcano Videos wrote:... I hate you

why cant we just be friends? the chicks dig yaoi you know :wink:
............moving on

the only prob I had with this video was broly lip sync it was kinda wierd

Streicher
Org Profile

Post by Streicher » Sun Jan 22, 2006 9:24 pm

I think this was quite boring.

Especially as there already is a quite good amv to this song.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”