Animasia: The First Instrumentality Project

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Animasia: The First Instrumentality Project

Post by jasper-isis » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:01 am

on April 3, 2004, rose4emily wrote:Welcome to the new thread for the instrumental anime project.
on June 13, 2004, rose4emily wrote:The assembled project will likely be completed somewhere in the next 3-5 weeks
on August 4, 2004, anubisx00 wrote:Now I wonder if it will take until September to finish this whole project.
on September 1, 2004, jasper wrote:We're finally getting it all together! *sniff... I'm so happy... :P
on September 2, 2004, Bakadeshi wrote:glad to see this finally getting close to finishing.
on September 26, 2004, rose4emily wrote:I'm with all of you - this has definately dragged on for long enough. It's time to wrap up the loose ends and finally announce a release.
on September 30, 2004, Otohiko wrote:Couple of weeks left, hopefully.
on October 17, 2004, rose4emily wrote:If I have everything in before next Sunday, I should be able to produce a finished compilation for the upcoming Monday - and wouldn't that be sweet.
on November 25, 2004, rose4emily wrote:Finally, the phrase "the end is near" is more probable with relation to this project than it is with respect to the existance of humanity.
on November 27, 2004, Bakadeshi wrote:For real its about time this project is nearing completion.
On a side note, I noticed Jasper-isis gave up on predicting when this project would release.... :lol:
on December 5, 2004, Otohiko wrote:w00t!
The end is near, hope to hear those narratives soon :)
on December 5, 2004, Bakadeshi wrote:Glad to see this project comming to a finish finally :D
on December 8, 2004, pen-pen2002 wrote:You guys have no idea how hyped I am about this project being released. I'm going to make a banner or something to let people know that it's actually being finished, no, really, this time we mean it.
on December 16, 2004, rose4emily wrote:You will all have working copies of the entire film by Christmas.
Oh yes.... you will.
on May 5, 2005, Bakadeshi wrote:On another note, glad to see this project is almost finished ;p (how many times have I said that line already? :lol: )
on May 13, 2005, ooshna wrote:Glad to see that it is finally comming close to and end. it only took a year and it like 9months over do :D
on May 30, 2005, Kalium wrote:
kingmob_867 wrote:Is it done yet? :D
I think the real question is "will it ever be?"
on May 30, 2005, jasper wrote:I'd give a prediction, but I'm afraid of jinxing it for like, the fifth time.
on May 30, 2005, rose4emily wrote:Anyhow, the project and I are both alive and well, and I (finally) say with confidence that the long wait is very near its end.
on May 31, 2005, Kalium wrote:The end is near!
THE END IS NEAR!
on May 31, 2005, Janzki wrote:...or is it?
on July 02, 2005, jasper wrote:Rest assured, though, that this project won't be dragging on for much longer. (Really!)
on October 19, 2005, jasper wrote:This project WILL be completed by the end of October, even if I'll have to like, skip homecoming to work on it. :shakes fist:
on November 28, 2005, jasper wrote:I'm marking Christmas as our absolute latest release date.
on December 29, 2005, Bakadeshi wrote:hopefully this will be released by New years ^^

After twenty-two false alarms, somebody finally got it right.

Now presenting...

Animasia: The First Instrumentality Project, Part I
Animasia: The First Instrumentality Project, Part II

From all of the participants, a happy new year to you. :D
Last edited by jasper-isis on Fri May 05, 2006 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:03 am

:shock: :shock: :shock:

Hot damn! Talking about long overdue!
ImageImage

Kalium
Sir Bugsalot
Org Profile

Post by Kalium » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:05 am

angelx03 wrote::shock: :shock: :shock:

Hot damn! Talking about long overdue!
I only wish you were kidding.

Downloading!

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:08 am

С НОВЫМ ГОДОМ, ДАМЫ, ГОСПОДА, И ПРОЧИЕ ЖИТЕЛИ ЕВРОПЕЙСКОГО СООБЩЕСТВА. :D

A round of congratulations to the members themselves. I think they've done a stellar job.

And I'll single out Jasper for special thanks, since I think it's safe to say that without her constant and vicious poking Animasia would scarcely see the light of day. Yes, I'm looking at you >__>

I think it's safe to say that the project is a bit of an experiment. Do I guarantee that everyone will like it? No. Is it worth it? If it was worth 21 months of frustration for us, it'll be worth an hour and a half of watching for you. :)

I'd compare it to a good ol' two-side LP. A collaboration album. I'm sure you'll like some tracks and maybe not others. I'm sure those 'likes' will be different for many people.

I think this is an important moment for collaborative AMVing. I think I'm happy and slightly drunk.

Go! Watch!
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

angelx03
Location: In school, Rochester NY mainly RIT; in home, Tampa, FL
Org Profile

Post by angelx03 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:17 am

Here are my thoughts on the first part:

Loved the Princess Tutu intro segments!

Mizuho as a narrator with a pseudo-British accent...uh, right..... :roll:

Hehehe, during the monolouges I recognized those OSTs from Tsubasa; you can't fool me! :D

The individual tracks were almost a mixed bag; there are 2 tracks I thought were quite meh in the technical side. In addition that one track in those 2 tracks I mentioned...geez.....no offense, but that was ridiculiously dragging! I'm not going to mention who did that though.

So far, this has to be the most innovative MEP I've seen yet. I bet those Org members who complain about the lack artistic style in AMVs would appreciate these works.

Great job! On to Part 2 (though I'll watch tommorrow afternoon so Otohiko's Wasteland doesn't scare the crap out of me)! :P
ImageImage

celibi87
Org Profile

Post by celibi87 » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:43 am

angelx03 wrote:
So far, this has to be the most innovative MEP I've seen yet. I bet those Org members who complain about the lack artistic style in AMVs would appreciate these works.
ill shall second that, im in wow with the intros and how its all put together

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:54 am

I closed both boxes out of boredom. :|

Vancore
Org Profile

Post by Vancore » Sun Jan 01, 2006 1:55 am

Holy crap, its out!! *downloads*

I've got the feeling that Bakadeshi should have said hopefully a lot sooner... cause it seemed to work. :P

jasper-isis
P. Y. T.
Org Profile

Post by jasper-isis » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:05 am

I think this is an important moment for collaborative AMVing. I think I'm happy and slightly drunk.
A very long "moment" it was, comprising the past 21 months...
And I'll single out Jasper for special thanks, since I think it's safe to say that without her constant and vicious poking Animasia would scarcely see the light of day. Yes, I'm looking at you >__>
Thanks Oto. I couldn't have gone far without you there as a neck to wring, a voice to steal, a beta-tester to share ideas with... or even just a friend to talk to. :)
Mizuho as a narrator with a pseudo-British accent...uh, right.....
Aww.. why not? :P I think Song did a pretty good job with it.

You'll definitely like Part II. I prefer it myself, though I may just be biased because I worked on it more. But hey, mysterious silhouette plus Oto's "sexy" voice - what's not to love? ;)
ill shall second that, im in wow with the intros and how its all put together
Glad you like it!
I closed both boxes out of boredom.
Ah well, it happens. :P Give these another try someday. They tend to grow on you over time.

NeoQuixotic
Master Procrastinator
Org Profile

Post by NeoQuixotic » Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:09 am

It's so beautiful :cry: ^_^! I'm glad I could be a part of this. Now I have to download! (Yay for fast cable connections :D )
Insert clever text/image here.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”