true fiction

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Metro
Org Profile

true fiction

Post by Metro » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:11 pm

So I finally finished my AWA Expo video. It won "Best Technical". I hope everyone enjoys it. :)

true fiction

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:28 pm

All I can say is WOW. This video is freaking amazing. This marks the first "5" star rating I've given in many months, and that really says something. And despite the fact that its over 4 minutes long, I was glued to the screen the entire time. Truely a work of art that you have here.

I do have one gripe. The rotoscoping sort of sucked. I mean this in the sense that it was very obvious when you did it. A little cleaner around the edges with less blur, and maybe some color correction to make the characters composite better, and this video would have been absolutely perfect. Still though, this video is awesome :O

Pwolf
Friendly Neighborhood Pwaffle
Org Profile

Post by Pwolf » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:28 pm

I don't like many AMVs using "Das Omen" but this is definatly my fav out them all. i love it. i think you did an awesome job when i saw the beta weeks ago and it turned out much much better then the beta :O good job

Pwolf

Brad
Org Profile

Post by Brad » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:40 pm

I had seen the beta for this before it showed at Expo. I remember standing in the back of the VAT with a bunch of people who had all been talking. About 10 seconds into the video, I had let everybody know that they didn't want to miss this. The only sounds I heard after that, until the end of the video, were "....... my god..." or "...haha that is unreal.."

Needless to say, this is an unbelievable video. The effects are not only astounding, but work in relation to everything else. There was nothing about this video to me that seemed overblown or pointless. The mood/flow of the video (which is pretty much my biggest selling point) is spot on the whole time.

Fantastic work dude. 5 fucking stars.
Ask Brad an After Effects Question! - Forum - Site

Kristyrat
Time-traveling penguin
Org Profile

Post by Kristyrat » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:41 pm

Wow, saw you post it in the IRC, checked it out, and loved it. Some of the combinations (though noticeable) worked incredibly well, and even with some of the rougher masking looked very slick. I particularly loved the appleseed movie segment, some awesome work there, and I was captured in it the entire time.

Once again, very slick work, and like Pwolf, this is one of my fav Das Omen vids. :wink:

[Kristyrat]

Otohiko
Org Profile

Post by Otohiko » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:45 pm

It's a very nice video technically; interesting use of multiple planes for a real trippy experience.

I still seem to prefer LCY84's video to this song. This one seems to be a bit less centred conceptually, and I think the disparity of art styles works against it sometimes (just as it works FOR it in other instances - like the excellent combination of 3D and 2D on multiple, skewed planes).

Good effort, no doubt.
The Birds are using humanity in order to throw something terrifying at this green pig. And then what happens to us all later, that’s simply not important to them…

OtakuForLife
Org Profile

Post by OtakuForLife » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:50 pm

Sharp and intresting :)

Zarxrax
Org Profile

Post by Zarxrax » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:57 pm

BTW, they showed this video at the awa awards ceremony? I can't believe I missed it :oops:
But then again I was half asleep during the entire thing because all the videos were boring as hell :roll:
Still, I can't believe I missed something like this!

SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:06 pm

Meh.. I wasn't feelin' it. The effects looked like something I'd see in a dance video.

SnhKnives
V.I.E. 5.5
Org Profile

Post by SnhKnives » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:07 pm

dude we loved this at expo judging, thus, why you won

8-)

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”