Sorry, should have made a post...

This forum is to announce newly created/released anime music videos.
Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • All announced videos must have a corresponding entry in the AnimeMusicVideos.org database.
  • You may only make one new thread per week. If you have multiple videos to announce, either wait a week or add them to the same post.
Users that do not follow these rules may have their threads locked or removed without notice. It is recommended that all users read the sticky topics in this forum before posting.

Sorry, should have made a post...

Postby Harper » Wed Oct 30, 2002 10:48 am

I posted in my journal... but downloads exceeded 13 gigabytes, and the person who was hosting my videos is liable to get one hell of an over-usage fee (as he's limited to a gigabyte per month) so they had to go back down. Guess I'll have to find another place that can actually handle my videos...

13 Gigabytes in less than 48 hours IS a bit much, I suppose. ^-^
-=Harper
You know that whole peanut thing? I made that.
Harper

Postby The Wired Knight » Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:19 pm

Ummm...I suggest you compress your files before you put them online again. Even I'm not willing to sit through a 13 gigabyte download.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.
The Wired Knight

...hehe, no!

Postby Harper » Wed Oct 30, 2002 3:06 pm

Y'see, all five videos generated a TOTAL of 13 gigabytes. I could imagine UPLOADING 13 gigabytes of video. ...Well, not really, no. :-) But each video was from 30 to 50 megabytes, but in 48 hours the total downloads for all of them exceeded 13 gigs, and since the host was only allowed one gigabyte of uploads, that's a big deal.
-=Harper
Harper

Re: ...hehe, no!

Postby mexicanjunior » Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:10 pm

Harper wrote:But each video was from 30 to 50 megabytes, but in 48 hours the total downloads for all of them exceeded 13 gigs, and since the host was only allowed one gigabyte of uploads, that's a big deal.

1GB of traffic a month? Jeez! My Homestead account gives more bandwidth than that. :lol:
mexicanjunior

Yeah...

Postby Harper » Wed Oct 30, 2002 4:22 pm

I thought that was a bit low myself. Couldn't even run a P2P client sharing files with that low of an upload limiter! But he DOES live in the UK, so I guess things are different there. I think ATTBI's unlimited, if I can just...get...a ... video...uploaded...correctly!
-=Harper
Harper

Return to AMV Announcements