Kill Excel, comedy finalist, Otakon 2005

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Paganknights
Org Profile

Post by Paganknights » Sun Aug 28, 2005 7:57 pm

Amusing, I especially liked the randomness of it.
rogueintellectproductions wrote:
JCD wrote:Please.... compress.... audio >_<
OK, I've gotten this before. Please explain, because I'm still fairly new at this - does not compressing the audio affect playback? I've never compressed it because my video editing program gives me two options when I encode - uncompressed or MP3, and it's my understanding that MP3 is undesirable (based off of most contest rules, anyway).

Thanks!
CPFuller
Yes, compressed audio is of a decidedly lower grade than full CD quality (most MP3s are at 128 Kbps, whereas CD quality audio is 1411 kbps), but for internet usage it's alright; Most people's computer speakers are designed for relatively small volume outputs, so if you compress the audio it won't sound any worse than a song bought off of the iTunes store. Now, a 128 Kbps MP3 played through a high wattage PA system in an auditorium-sized convention hall will sound god-awful. Thus the reason most contests request uncompressed audio.
I told u i was nerdcore

MomochiZabuza
Org Profile

Post by MomochiZabuza » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:35 pm

Zarxrax wrote:Blah, swap out "uncompressed audio" with "mp3".
Yeah, I read your first post and was like... "what?"

Anyway I thought it was pretty funny, good stuff...good stuff...
Yes I am God

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=67903
... apparently it's awesome

MomochiZabuza
Org Profile

Post by MomochiZabuza » Sun Aug 28, 2005 8:47 pm

Hey, wait a minute...
I only counted 56 deaths...

O_O

Maybe I should watch it in slow motion...
Yes I am God

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... hp?v=67903
... apparently it's awesome

rogueintellectproductions
Org Profile

Post by rogueintellectproductions » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:54 am

Paganknights wrote:Amusing, I especially liked the randomness of it.
rogueintellectproductions wrote:
JCD wrote:Please.... compress.... audio >_<
OK, I've gotten this before. Please explain, because I'm still fairly new at this - does not compressing the audio affect playback? I've never compressed it because my video editing program gives me two options when I encode - uncompressed or MP3, and it's my understanding that MP3 is undesirable (based off of most contest rules, anyway).

Thanks!
CPFuller
Yes, compressed audio is of a decidedly lower grade than full CD quality (most MP3s are at 128 Kbps, whereas CD quality audio is 1411 kbps), but for internet usage it's alright; Most people's computer speakers are designed for relatively small volume outputs, so if you compress the audio it won't sound any worse than a song bought off of the iTunes store. Now, a 128 Kbps MP3 played through a high wattage PA system in an auditorium-sized convention hall will sound god-awful. Thus the reason most contests request uncompressed audio.
Thanks, and thank you for clearing up the audio compression thing for me. I'll compress in the future, I swear! :idea:
MomochiZabuza wrote:Hey, wait a minute...
I only counted 56 deaths...
Well, I cheated once - in one part of the Tetris sequence, there's two Excels falling. This came from the bonus footage on the timing differences between two versions of the opening. I counted it as two deaths. I'll have to go back and count the deaths, maybe list them on the video profile.

But wow, thanks for taking the time to count! :shock: :lol:

CPFuller
To paraphrase one Mr. Cool James, please refrain from referring to it as a revival, I've been lurking for ages.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”