im new, check out my vid

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Maverick-Rubik
The Eye of a Lynx
Org Profile

Post by Maverick-Rubik » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:19 pm

SuperFusion was just saying that it's rediculous to tell someone to stop editing to an anime they want to edit with just for competition reasons... personally, chambeyc, I found your original retort of "DBZ is the best!! Continue on Goku!" as saying you really misunderstand the situation. Did SF say "KEEP MAKING DBZ VIDEOS!!" ? No, he did not. He was telling him that he should be allowed to use any anime he pleases.

Now lets stop bickering and let the guy have some comments on his video.

Shun
Org Profile

Post by Shun » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:27 pm

Maverick-Rubik wrote:SuperFusion was just saying that it's rediculous to tell someone to stop editing to an anime they want to edit with just for competition reasons... personally, chambeyc, I found your original retort of "DBZ is the best!! Continue on Goku!" as saying you really misunderstand the situation. Did SF say "KEEP MAKING DBZ VIDEOS!!" ? No, he did not. He was telling him that he should be allowed to use any anime he pleases.

Which is why i said that if he intends on doing it anyone, atleast take some pride in it. Instead of these 1 line descriptions asking for comments. Bleh, anyway as for your video....

There was virtually no synch. It felt like i was watching the movie to a song. Subtitles are also a very big no no (Especially when there are guides for multiple ways of removing them on this site). The footage was pretty horrid - I'm against all downloaded footage unless it is unattainable otherwise. As far as the song goes, it wasnt even close to fitting the story like a glove. The parts that could be used were not taken advantage of.

chambeyc
Org Profile

Post by chambeyc » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:30 pm

Maverick-Rubik wrote:SuperFusion was just saying that it's rediculous to tell someone to stop editing to an anime they want to edit with just for competition reasons... personally, chambeyc, I found your original retort of "DBZ is the best!! Continue on Goku!" as saying you really misunderstand the situation. Did SF say "KEEP MAKING DBZ VIDEOS!!" ? No, he did not. He was telling him that he should be allowed to use any anime he pleases.

Ok you're right. I flame a bit too in my 2nd post, so i apologize. Besides i am not in the mood to have an argument just for that.
Time for comments on the vid.

Dyson117
Org Profile

why why why....

Post by Dyson117 » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:17 pm

NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONO!!!!
Why does this happen....so much good footage, so many crap videos.....why can't people try to sync thier footage better....why.... this video makes me cry. Only 2 things can be said about it, and both are quoted from 4-chan...
KILL IT WITH FIRE
and
YOU FAIL AT LIFE...there I said it....

humanoid
Org Profile

Post by humanoid » Sat Aug 27, 2005 4:53 pm

sure ill use - VirtualDub, i didn't know what it was, but i like DBZ, sorry cant change my footage, and im just making good use of what i have available, i dont have fancy tools, so my videos aren't the best quality, but it takes forever to make em and im happy with the final product

Shun
Org Profile

Post by Shun » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:19 pm

humanoid wrote:sure ill use - VirtualDub, i didn't know what it was, but i like DBZ, sorry cant change my footage, and im just making good use of what i have available, i dont have fancy tools, so my videos aren't the best quality, but it takes forever to make em and im happy with the final product

Thats a good stance to take. Make videos for yourself. Everything anyone says in this thread will be opinionated - just do what you want with your videos. I don't think anyone here tried to come across as "DBZ sucks, don't use it"(Tho many people do believe this). Really all we are telling you is that your video can easily get swept aside just because of the show you are using. This is where what i just said comes into play. If you enjoy DBZ and want to continue using it in your videos, then by all meens do so. I also dont think anyone is trying to say "No one will ever download a DBZ video", atleast i'm not. Of course people will download DBZ videos. I'm simply saying that your audience is going to be greatly reduced with this approach(DBZ on first video - no effort in writing a description). Regardless of how you feel about the video, you come across as someone who's only experience with anime is watching it on CN and just made the video for the hell of it and really dosent care about it at all. Tell us why you made it, why you chose the song, how long it took you, and your own likes/dislikes about what you have created. Thats what the description box is for anyway, it will prove that your video is worth something to you and thus influence others to download it. I know for a fact then when I myself am browsing through recent videos and i see a video with a description like "Download and comments please" or "First video, tell me what you think", 99.99% i will simply ignore the video. It shows a lack of caring on your part. You need to do aything and everything you can to prove you care about what you are doing and take pride in it (This is true for anything) or people will not pay any mind to you or what you do.. So besides my own bias on DBZ, i've posted all other crits I could think of. Do what you like with them :)

P.S. - Also if you truly care about making this video all it can be - go buy the DVD for the movie and learn how to rip and edit with it. It will greatly increase the quality of the video and thus the audience.

tireur2litres
Org Profile

Post by tireur2litres » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:08 am

hi all im very new in this forum,
i think it's not bad for a 1rst amv

and ahem PYLE , pyle may i ask you why do you hate me??? please?
with your shit and silly face? may i know what i have done to you ? maybe
you don't like guys who have talent like me , i don't know....

so i don't want to turn bad this topic the first time i come but i liked to make it clear
this damned shit man who don't even know me and put this f*** signature that he hate me that make me very out of me

tireur2litres
Org Profile

Post by tireur2litres » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:12 am

tireur2litres wrote:hi all im very new in this forum,

so i don't want to turn bad this topic the first time i come but i liked to make it clear
this damned shit man who don't even know me and put this f*** signature that he hate me that make me very out of me
sorry all for my bad behaviour , i know the rule so if some moderator want to
erase this message or to kick me , then he can make it , i just was very chocked and upset to see something like this in my life...sorry again

LCY84
Org Profile

Post by LCY84 » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:20 am

tireur2litres wrote:hi all im very new in this forum,

:roll:
:P
:lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage

tireur2litres
Org Profile

Post by tireur2litres » Mon Sep 05, 2005 10:24 am

hmmm sorry all i just came to understand the trick , sorry my bad , im so stupid for all this stuff , that was an mistake , hmm im so sorry for my bad

i haven't known that this little trick existed

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”