New from Aquiline: Waka Laka (for Osaka) [AX/Otakon]

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
SuperFusion
Org Profile

Post by SuperFusion » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:49 am

I found the DDR arrow absolutely useless. It served no purpose. The vid itself is alright. =|

Roccket
Org Profile

Post by Roccket » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:25 pm

Yummy video :]

Bakadeshi
Abuses Spellcheck
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:21 pm

Pretty good stuff. But... Something... can't realy place my finger on it, but it felt like it was missing something. I guess it didn;t come off as the kind of level that you put into Evabeepop maybe. Perhaps You just set the bar to high for yourself so I was expecting more ;p

For your first forey into dance though, it was good, heck its better than probably 90% of the dance videos thats from people thats been doing them for years.

I have to agree though, that most of the effects have been done before *cough* AbsoluteDestiny *cough* and the DDR arrows especially are done to death. but it was ment to be a DDR track afterall so one can let that slide. Anyway, trippy vid, I liked it.

DinaDani
Org Profile

Post by DinaDani » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:35 pm

Loved the video. Ok, I didn't see much DDR videos and I'm a mild DDR fan, but for one of the most trippy, upbeat songs around, it's a good video. Too bad that you used azumanga though. While it's good for wacky songs like this, I feel that's it a bit overdone. The hue changes didn't really bother me. Nice use of effects by the way, I'm still learning a lot of new tricks and video's like these help a lot :)

FoxJones
The foxiest!
Org Profile

Post by FoxJones » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:33 pm

It has blown up effects, some lip-sync and Azumanga starts to be overused, so in all sense I should dislike it..

..can't help :roll: I keep playing it again every now and then.

Otherwise I agree with Godix.

Though I can't get enough of DDR arrows :wink: had to give 5/5

GFBeach
Org Profile

Post by GFBeach » Wed Jul 06, 2005 12:55 pm

At first I thought the hue changes and similar effects were overdone, but since it's a short video it works. That combined with the song just make the whole thing really catchy. Well done! :D

Unlimited Rice
Org Profile

Post by Unlimited Rice » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:07 pm

that was quite spiffy... :)

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:00 pm

From what everyone's been saying, I'm getting the definite impression that the DDR arrows are a rather love-it-or-hate-it item...
Bakadeshi wrote:But... Something... can't realy place my finger on it, but it felt like it was missing something. I guess it didn;t come off as the kind of level that you put into Evabeepop maybe. Perhaps You just set the bar to high for yourself so I was expecting more ;p
Well, I was kind of hoping I'd never again <i>need</i> to put as much effort into a video as I put into AEO:EB... :P

Again, thank you all for your input! :)
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Garylisk
Org Profile

Re: New from Aquiline: Waka Laka (for Osaka) [AX/Otakon]

Post by Garylisk » Mon Jul 11, 2005 4:34 pm

Scintilla wrote:<b><a href="http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members ... 74060">NOW IT'S WAKA LAKA TIME!!!
Image</A></b>

<b>Also known as: </b>
- Track 3 from the (nonexistent) DDRMAX2 Project
- Proof that Scintilla doesn't watch (enough) dance/FX videos

Footage: Azumanga Daioh
Artist: Jenny Rom vs. Zippers (from DDRMAX2: Dance Dance Revolution 7th Mix)
Song: Waka Laka (E=mc² Mix)

<b>Ramblings:</b>
Well, my third summer video, and <i>once again</i> it is less than two minutes long... <^^
This was also the first full video I've edited at 29.97 frames per second, which was just one reason I had so much trouble getting it compressed down to a reasonable size. The other reasons... well... they'll become apparent as you watch it. 8-)

This is also pretty much my first video that really falls into the Dance genre, but I had so much fun editing it that it probably won't be the last. So suggestions for improvement and whatnot are welcomed. :)

<b>Warnings:</b>
This video contains oversaturation, hue cycling, DDR arrows, and white and colored flashes. Don't say I didn't warn you.
Also, the 640x480 version I've provided on the <b>DIRECT</b> link is just around the 20MB/minute mark; if you have a slower computer, it may stutter, lag, and who knows what else... in which case you should get the smaller <b>LOCAL</b> version instead.
(If your computer can't handle <i>that</i>, then please, contact me and I'll see about getting a low-res version encoded.)

<b>Notes:</b>
In the month I've had to sit on this video since completing it, I've replaced at least three scenes; this difference is denoted by the version number 1.2. If you saw this video at Anime Expo, that was version 1 (also going to Otakon).

I'm out of things to say. Enjoy! ^_^

Good to see post-DDR Project DDR tracks. I'm planning a few, myself. :) :up:
Alcohol, Drugs, Overdrive, Noise, Neon Lights, Party People, Revolution

Decoy
Org Profile

Post by Decoy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:57 pm

lol that was so trippin. The color hue's = DDR machine! Very cool! Plus it is kinda wierd to see a hyperactive Osaka.

zomj...what is up with that song!? I hear it while i'm GGXing...editing...everything... everywhere :P

Great stuff, when's the next one coming out?

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”