NES Project 2003

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
Fluxmeister
Org Profile

Post by Fluxmeister » Thu Oct 03, 2002 12:31 am

Want to help out a bit? Break out those mp3 search
engine skills (or just plain search engine skills)
and help find MORE or ANY remixes from these games...
if possible! :)

Please IM me or post sites with decent dance-techno-trance remixes...
(not remix.overclockers.org as I have already had my way with their site haha)

(this would be in addition to those listed HERE)

bionic commando
blaster master
castlevania 1-3
contra
crytalis
double dragon
dragon warrior
excite bike
life force
little nemo
mega man 1-6
metroid
paperboy
P.O.W.
punch out
river city ransom
rygar
spy hunter (peter gunn theme?)
super mario bros 1- 3

... and any other game remixes that are danceriffic.

Thanks! :)
| NHMK Music Video Downloads | Editing like it's 2006. |

Hitori
Org Profile

Post by Hitori » Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:15 pm

HHhmm.. I don't know what else I can say or think about the project...

Anyone else have ideas!? Someone new other than the ones who posted already..?
ImageImage

Zerophite
Org Profile

Post by Zerophite » Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:21 pm

How would you orchestrate it? I can see how the DDR Project worked, when it was all one megamix, but this'll be just a bunch of individual songs wouldn't it?
"axis discrepancy indicates hexagons beyond control anomaly
mutilation colony reflects no triangular energy
asynchronous matter avoided by a diagram invisibility
subtle methods symmetry uncovered a diagonal telemetry"

Rozard
Org Profile

Post by Rozard » Thu Oct 03, 2002 4:34 pm

Zerophite wrote:How would you orchestrate it?

:shock:

*Fucking brilliant idea*

How would you guys/gals feel about using some orchestra arrangements of some songs too? I've heard a few MP3s of symphonies playing the Super Mario Bros and Zelda theme.

*/Fucking brillant idea*

Discuss :D
RichLather: We are guests of this forum, and as such we do not make the rules.
BishounenStalker The freedom to suck is what makes the Internet rock.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:57 pm

the concept is dance mixes so teh orchestral pieces (while they sound good) would be of zero use. And this is why the transition is so important between videos. I still say we go with the start screen as the premiere to each individual video, having a transition between the two becomes more difficult as we have to keep up the pace of the whole thing. The start screens are my favorite idea but we need a way to quickly move from one video to the next without losing pace. I can film almost all those start screens but I need someone to work with me on filiming a transition to put at the end of the video.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Hakura
Org Profile

Post by Hakura » Thu Oct 03, 2002 5:58 pm

I have ideas too ^^

I would use the DDR Max2 version of Burning Heat for a amv^^

Also I'd LOVE to make an AMV to Metal Gear Solid ^^

So many good games.....

Ean
Org Profile

Post by Ean » Thu Oct 03, 2002 6:45 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:I still say we go with the start screen as the premiere to each individual video, having a transition between the two becomes more difficult as we have to keep up the pace of the whole thing.
I'm thinking of the NES Project as a look back to the old days of gaming. Maybe, to help in going from one video to another, we could somehow implement the idea of someone playing one game, but then after a while just turning it off and starting another... OR maybe characters (anime/videogame) running through one game to the next... I like the idea of a 'start screen' for the premiere of each video, and to add to that maybe there could be 'game over' screens after each video.

I think this would be a pretty cool project to work on it... if everything goes through I just hope I get the chance to work on it too :wink:

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:20 pm

Yeah, I thought of that idea and MJ seemed to like it when I e-mailed him. If that's the case then if you guys want I can film all that for you since I have almost all the titles you've listed. We only need to get a few other people up for the other titles to get it going for those I don't own.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

RadicalEd0
Org Profile

Post by RadicalEd0 » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:24 pm

Castor Troy wrote:I'm thinking to limit the music just to the original NES only. If the project is successful, then we can move on to SNES next year, N64, and GC the following years. Maybe even expand to Sega, psx, xbox.... etc...
hmm.... howabout NES and traditional gameboy (as in.. not GBA), they're about = in musical challenge but that way I can use pokemon music which will be cool because pokemon gb music brings back the fond memories of my 12year-old-hood

err.. just a suggestion :|
NMEAMV: PENIS
NMEAMV: IN
NMEAMV: YO
NMEAMV: MIXED
NMEAMV: DRINK

Castor Troy
Ryan Molina, A.C.E
Org Profile

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Oct 03, 2002 7:46 pm

The Wired Knight wrote:Yeah, I thought of that idea and MJ seemed to like it when I e-mailed him. If that's the case then if you guys want I can film all that for you since I have almost all the titles you've listed. We only need to get a few other people up for the other titles to get it going for those I don't own.
If you're missing any titles and own a playstation and know how to run copied games, you can download and burn an NES emu and roms to a cd and play it off your psx. It runs the games 90% accurately.
"You're ignoring everything, except what you want to hear.." - jbone

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”