DDR Project Take 2

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
TommyRude
Org Profile

DDR Project Take 2

Post by TommyRude » Mon Sep 23, 2002 8:31 pm

Okay y'all, check it out. The DDR project guys are right, there are a lot of people who want in on it, but not enough slots to go around. So, to help relieve the tension on Brad an' Kusayaro, I'm organizing a second DDR project. Its going to be for DDR 5th Mix, track requests are now bein accepted. Here's the info:

To request a track, send an email to ddrproject@animerudeboyproductions.com with the track requests and the anime you intend to use for them. ('various' for multiple animes, don't list them all.)

Make 1-3 requests, in order of preference.

Most tracks will have one primary vid, wit 1-2 backups. The creators will not be allowed to know whether theirs is the primary or a backup until the project is complete.

Tracks are assigned on a first come first serve basis and will be given in the order I recieve the rquests.

The only rules are as follows:

No graphic nudity or sexual content.
If a video uses only one anime for source, it cannot use the same series as the one before or after it.

Creators involved in the 2002 or 2003 AWA DDR projects should not apply. No double dipping. (This might change as the deadline comes closer, but I want to give new people the first shot.)

Things like use of american animation, CG, an' live action are judged on a per video basis. There are no standard guidlines for those things.

Creators who finish their vids early will have the option to do backups an' extra vids if they choose to do so.

The deadline is April 1 2003.

Acepted digital formats:
Mpeg1, Mpeg2, any standard AVI or Quicktime codec, DV.
Divx is acceptable, but not recomended, same with all mpeg4 codecs.
The prefered resolution is 720x480, the minimum is 320x240
Proprietary codecs are not accepted. That includes most capture codecs.
Submissions are accepted on Data CD, Data DVD, Authored DVD. NO TAPES.
Cinepack is not recomended and may cause your video to be bumped down the ladder.

Creators will be told where to send the submissions after they are complete.

Send any and all questions to ddrproject@animerudeboyproductions.com or tommyrude@animerudeboyproductions.com

Lets try to make this work,
Peace

tetsuo93108
Org Profile

Post by tetsuo93108 » Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:44 am

uhhhhhh i am working on a DDR project too......... :lol: :?
Song: Max 300
Anime : Ghost in the Shell

i dunno why i posted........ :twisted:

AbsoluteDestiny
Org Profile

Post by AbsoluteDestiny » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:43 am

You know, TommyRude - this actually might make things more difficult for Hsien and Brad next year.

Next year is going to be DDR 4th non stop which has over twice the amount of tracks than this year and will hence need twice the amount of creators (and there's nothing to say everyone who did vids this year will want to do one next year so that could mean even mroe free slots)

Next year is the chance for everyone who is interested to get on the project. If the amv creators of the world are spread between the two I can imagine not all of the DDR videos getting done for ddr 4 cause there's so many tracks.

I think there is gonig to be an announcement about how many places there will be on the new project (probably around 20 or more) and how people can be part of it but dont take my words as gospel, wait for word from Hsien and Brad when there is an announcement at AWA.

Quu
Org Profile

Post by Quu » Tue Sep 24, 2002 11:49 am

if someone is assigned a track on tommy's prject that will not effect anythign on the DDR Project...

people don't have to worry about joining his project effecting the standing on the other...

we don't mind double dipping ^_^
Lead me not to temptation, for I have deadlines

Kusoyaro
LEGENDARY!!!
Org Profile

Post by Kusoyaro » Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:33 pm

I should probably mention that we'll still almost certainly move forward with 5th Mix for DDR4 Project regardless.
I have no idea how to use this new forum.

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Sep 24, 2002 12:50 pm

Hmm....I just wonder what's going to happen when we run out of DDRs to run on. Course the Anipara Project has plenty of CDs so I guess it all balances out.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

TommyRude
Org Profile

Post by TommyRude » Tue Sep 24, 2002 2:31 pm

Quu wrote:if someone is assigned a track on tommy's prject that will not effect anythign on the DDR Project...

people don't have to worry about joining his project effecting the standing on the other...

we don't mind double dipping ^_^
I said should. I'm not psycho enough to track down the AWA list an' boot double dippers off the project :P

Kusayaro: Whaddamattayou? You got no faith, or jus no respect?

TommyRude
Org Profile

Post by TommyRude » Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:20 pm

Okay, amongst all the backhanded remarks an' votes of un-confidence I've gotten in the past 24 hours, some people made some valid points about the double dipping rule.
So now, there are no limits on participation. If y'wanna be in both, great. Hell, I might add my name to the lotery for DDR3 too.

The rule wasn't meant too keep people from joining the AWA project, it was to keep spaces open for people who didn't make it into it. Unfortunately, a lotta people are more interested in politics than makin videos, so assumed it was some master plan of mine to put the poor AWA crew outta business. The irony is, the old 'when you assume' cliché was never more fitting.

dokidoki
c0d3 m0nk3y
Org Profile

Post by dokidoki » Tue Sep 24, 2002 3:51 pm

TommyRude wrote:Kusayaro: Whaddamattayou? You got no faith, or jus no respect?
He's gotta have FAAAIIIIIIIIIIIIIITH!!!

Okay, that's enough out of me.
Image Image Image
"Comedy is a dying breed." -- kisanzi // "Comedy. Serious business." -- dokidoki

The Wired Knight
Org Profile

Post by The Wired Knight » Tue Sep 24, 2002 5:41 pm

Really the concept behind it is fine but I would say the project and submissions shouldn't be open until the next DDR project is full up. This will help prevent the double dipping becase people who allready have a track are lessl ikely to apply for another. Now my only problem with it is that it now would come off as a competition between the two DDR projects in getting them out and everything. You'd have to find a way around that. Really I think the best way to go is to come up with a similar project (such as the Anipara Project allready in existance) and use a different soundtrack, Roy once treid to start the Initial D project a long time ago but gave up on it. I say just go with a different game and your problems are solved.
BANG

Intellectual Property, Real Estate & Probate Attorney.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”