Extraordinary World available for download

Feedback on cataloged Anime Music Videos

Moderators: Mol, seasons

Forum rules
Please observe the following unique rules for this forum:
  • Please limit your new threads (not replies) to one per week. If you have several new videos to announce, create one thread for all the videos. (Note: if you forget one you can edit your post!)
  • Offsite links are allowed, but you are required to have a catalog entry for that video as well. Threads announcing videos that do not contain a catalog entry will be moved to the Awaiting Catalog Entry sub-forum and will be deleted in 2 weeks if an entry is not created.
  • When posting announcements, it is recommended that you include links to the catalog entries (using the video ID) in your post.
  • Videos that do not contain anime are allowed to be announced in the Other Videos section and are not required to have catalog entries.
ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:40 pm

DrngdKreationz wrote:BLeah.. sorry about the double....

But to clarify the last statement.. I've been trying to clean up recordings off of my turntables for the past few weeks and haven't gotten anywhere. Did it come off that clean? or didyou clean it up in post. (if you took it off the LP at all)
I bought the LP after the mix was already done - I mixed together the audio used in the video from the US Album "Dreaming", the CD Single's Condor Remix, and the Extended mix ripped from Vinyl (although I obtained the file online and then bought the record afterwards).

DrngdKreationz
Org Profile

Post by DrngdKreationz » Tue Jul 20, 2004 10:44 pm

Sweet, I definetly dug the mix.
because its somewhat still on topic. Do you know any way (aside from spending $300+ on really good recording needles) to clean up audio from vinyl?

Bakadeshi [AuN Studios]
Org Profile

Post by Bakadeshi [AuN Studios] » Wed Jul 21, 2004 3:35 pm

Its about time you released this. I wanted to see it since all the controversal talk on it back in the contest thread. I can see why some didn;t like it though. Its totally a mixed bag for me. some parts I loved and some parts I felt could have been executed better. well More like the effects felt more of a distraction than meshing with the imagery you have on over it, Though it fit well in other cases. I like the overall concept and idea though, and The idea of using hand drawn images was a nice touch, something I myself wanted to do at some point in the future. Speaking of the handdrawn images, while I liked the faces, your body porportions could use some improvement... some of them looked too masculin if you know what I mean ;p Ok let me not get too much into Art critique mode, Being an artist myself its hard not to notice it ;p

Anyways, without rambling too much, In a nutshell, excellent video, the work you put into it shows. However, because of the sheer amount of custom stuff you did in it, Some of it didn't quite feel like it meshed 100% with the flow of the video. Mainly your choce if some of the visualizations used. All in all a good video though.

I'll try to get around to writing up a detailed opinion for you. Vids like these where They are so good, yet I have alot to say about them I especially like to op.
[size=0]
Image[/size]
Recommended Underated video (Not Mine): Jasper-Isis - Ever Searching

Beowulf
Org Profile

Post by Beowulf » Wed Jul 21, 2004 5:58 pm

Ermac, does this video mean you are back in the game or are you going to slip back into obscurity for another 2 and a half years or so?

I want more :x

ErMaC
The Man who puts the "E" in READFAG
Org Profile

Post by ErMaC » Wed Jul 21, 2004 6:13 pm

No, I've got about 2, maybe 3 more videos I want to make and then I'm done. I'm tired of not having enough drive to make AMVs anymore. AMVs just aren't high enough on my priority list anymore, I've got too many other things in my life to do (work, school, girlfriend) to devote time to AMVs anymore. More than that, it's just not that fun.

This basically represents my last major work. The other videos I do after this will be small, simple quickie videos and my DDR video. That's it.

SarahtheBoring
Org Profile

Post by SarahtheBoring » Wed Jul 21, 2004 7:26 pm

Kew'. I wasn't all that keen on the Nakie Time section - it seemed to go on forever and ever without much happening - but quite liked the rest. More than Euphoria, actually. It fits the music quite well. 'Sides, I'm a sucker for swoopy camera work.

Anyone care to translate the narration for those of us who don't read Japanese, or would that be Cheapening Your Artistic Vision for the Eyes of the Unwashed Hordes?

7sigma
Org Profile

Post by 7sigma » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:37 pm

ErMaC wrote:More than that, it's just not that fun.
Totally disagreed, Ermac :lol: but I do understand your reasons, and I'm sorry that we'll be seeing just a couple more videos from you, I really liked your style and it was a definitive influence in my own developing style.

I'm still downloading this AMV, but you know what? I simply know I'll like it. Looking forward to your next work, 7S.
When the gods wish to punish us, they answer our prayers - Oscar Wilde

Brolli411
Org Profile

Post by Brolli411 » Wed Jul 21, 2004 9:50 pm

ErMaC wrote:life to do (work, school, girlfriend)
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH good one.

<A HREF="http://animemusicvideos.org/members/mem ... 61">Member Profile</a>

"You just saved the entire world from a near-death destruction, how do you feel?"
"I'm going to Disney Land!"
"That's right, Disney Land, you heard it here first folks."

MPEG2Source("C:/<A HREF="http://animemusicvideos.org/guides/avtech/">Read <a href=http://www.a-m-v.org/guides/avtech31/>ErMaC & AbsoluteDestiny's Friendly AMV Guides</a></a>")

Scintilla
(for EXTREME)
Org Profile

Post by Scintilla » Thu Jul 22, 2004 1:24 am

SarahtheBoring wrote:Kew'. I wasn't all that keen on the Nakie Time section - it seemed to go on forever and ever without much happening
From what I remember from KoP, I'll have to second that... the other thing that bothered me about that was that Miaka looked a little fat, but that wasn't really your fault.
ImageImage
:pizza: :pizza: Image :pizza: :pizza:

Tab.
Org Profile

Post by Tab. » Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:03 am

The DuranDuran and FenixTx covers are better, but FINE.

Return to “AMV Announcements & Feedback”